Bucks @ Suns Tuesday Finals game thread 7-6-2021 - Game 1

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No my defense is that you are one of the smart ones here and I can’t believe you are discounting Jae’s work on defense.

That's better than the "watch the game bro" stuff.

His play was utterly frustrating to watch tonight despite admittedly decent defense

It is hard to credit decent defense to a guy who multiple times just didn't box out.

If Ayton had this game he would be excoriated

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Middleton was big and Giannis played great too and they still got kicked around. The Clippers play a lot better defense and there's no one on the Bucks that can stop Paul.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And again this isn't causality.

A win doesn't absolve criticism.

We won because of Ayton, Booker and Paul

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker offers to help Chris Paul down the stairs after they changed places at press conference.

Hilarious.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

His play was utterly frustrating to watch tonight despite admittedly decent defense

It is hard to credit decent defense to a guy who multiple times just didn't box out.

He had 9 rebounds and was guarding Lopez at first and Giannis most of the game. How much boxing out do you think he could do against them? He’s not Rodman after all.

And yes, if Ayton had this game we’d be all over him. There a reason for that and you can’t get to it by comparing Crowder and Ayton for gods sake.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Well yeah I would be pretty annoyed if DA took a total of 8 shots and 5 were threes. Also despite his apparent terrible boxing out he still grabbed 9 big rebounds in a game where we got outrebounded by 4.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
That's fair.

Payne -10 Jae +19. + / -

Plus minus is waaay more than an individual players play

To be fair to Crowder, he played some good games in the Clip series to help the Suns so having an off night isn't a big deal when this team is filled with players who step up when others are off. I did feel that when Payne came in there was less creation (even though Payne does a lot of things on his own which he did tonight). When Paul comes in this team goes into a third gear.

There's no point in arguing about this. Both of these guys have helped the team get this far. Neither are stars and will have bad nights. That said even on off nights both guys help the team win games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to like the chemistry on the team... always giving each other a hard time.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair to Crowder, he played some good games in the Clip series to help the Suns so having an off night isn't a big deal when this team is filled with players who step up when others are off. I did feel that when Payne came in there was less creation (even though Payne does a lot of things on his own which he did tonight). When Paul comes in this team goes into a third gear.

There's no point in arguing about this. Both of these guys have helped the team get this far. Neither are stars and will have bad nights. That said even on off nights both guys help the team win games.

My point was that plus minus is dumb

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well yeah I would be pretty annoyed if DA took a total of 8 shots and 5 were threes. Also despite his apparent terrible boxing out he still grabbed 9 big rebounds in a game where we got outrebounded by 4.

I would counter if Ayton took 8 wide open shots and had 1 point, 9 teounds and zero assist over 33 minutes while allowing 4 offensive rebounds with 2 turnovers that's a bad game.

Hopefully he does better on Thursday

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose