Bucks @ Suns Saturday Finals game thread 7-17-2021 Game - Game 5

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anyone else not going to be able to zzz ugh i know im not... my mind racin on next gm now

Jusr try everything in the book suns... keep close till 4th... maybe next gm

Stomach soooo nauseous ugh

For me I just feel numb. I'm resigned that we lost the series. I don't plan to watch game 6. Getting my hopes up and watching soul crushing losses is just too much.

I hope the players can somehow win game 6. If that happens, I'll get my hopes up again for game 7. But for now, its easier on my stress and anxiety to just let it go. This sucks

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Bucks scored 43 points in the 2nd quarter. That quarter lost us the game.

100% true.

Monty is a great players coach. The team run through a wall for him.

Unfortunately, all season he has had problems mismanaging timeouts and using the wrong lineups at the wrong times. We have gotten away with it quite a few times, but here in the finals it caught up with us.

The 16 point lead blown in 4 minutes with Booker on the bench.

No timeout when we had the ball down 1 and only seconds remaining.

Just heartbreaking

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The big dilemma for Game 6:

Chris Paul literally cannot lift or extend both of his arms to contest shots and passes. Whatever he can gut through on offense, the Suns are left playing 4 on 5 on defense. As soon as Budenholzer noticed that, along with Ayton playing so far off of Giannis, Budenholzer made the obvious adjustment, and the Suns had no answer defensively.

SO...knowing that the Suns are literally incapable of defending this Bucks team with this version of Chris Paul on the court, do they bench Paul, even though Payne has been pretty bad since hurting his ankle, while Point Book disrupts the flow of the offense (where Booker scores a ton, but also turns the ball over while his teammates just stand around and watch)?

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
A couple points:

1. Monty, for his good qualities as a team chemistry guy, simply stinks as an in-game situational coach. Much like D'Antoni, he simply doesn't have a clue what to do when his Plan A isn't working. And I don't know where his fear of timeouts came from.

2. Ayton, after seemingly finally starting to get it earlier in the playoffs, has gone back to being a space cadet. Again, I question what kind of so-called coaching he is getting from Mark Bryant, or whether he just is unable to process it in a game situation. But I can rarely recall such a physically talented big man being so motivationally inconsistent and prone to fundamental errors that his physical ability simply cannot be used effectively. It is getting to be beyond frustrating watching him. Still, he is likely to get his big payday this off-season - which may not help that.

3. Bridges has probably cost himself some money with his disappearing acts.

4. I know Paul has probably been injured, but his performance this final series may indeed be giving the Suns second thoughts on extending him... or at least giving it deep consideration, where it seemed a certainty just a week ago.

Raindog

Reaction score
I don’t know where Booker lands in players rankings but he’s better than Lillard and Irving at this point. Don’t want to hear him compared to Tatum and Mitchell again. He’s clearly better than those guys.

I don't disagree. Booker has had some rough moments here and there, but he has battled to the end almost constantly.

Unlike some other guys who have seemed fine with taking halves or whole games off.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me I just feel numb. I'm resigned that we lost the series. I don't plan to watch game 6. Getting my hopes up and watching soul crushing losses is just too much.

I hope the players can somehow win game 6. If that happens, I'll get my hopes up again for game 7. But for now, its easier on my stress and anxiety to just let it go. This sucks

jesus. This is is so weak.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
The Suns do lack quality big men. Ayton is really battling two big men in 6'11"Giannis and 7'0" Lopez. The Ayton criticism never stops here. The guy (Ayton) has to guard Giannis with no backup help because Frank Kaminsky is so sorry the coach can't put him in yet they paid him what 5 or 6 million and give $9 million to Dario Serio who is now hurt, not the difference maker even if he was well, and he's just fraction of inch better player than Kaminsky. The Suns failed miserably in getting a quality power forward & back up center this year because with Dario & Frank you are not serious. That lack of size and skill is not there on this team. The Bucks are just too big. Kaminsky has the size but not the skill other than to shoot a once in while 3 point shot. Face it Kaminsky and Dario are a waste of money and were James Jones short comings in putting this team together not Ayton. There was someone in this board that put the blame all on Ayton. Ayton don't get very many touches and he needs to be involved. He's our only consistent rebounder. Maybe many on this board would be happy if Ayton was gone but he would do well else where. Booker & Paul need to quit complaining to the refs about calls and just play. It not over..it bleak but not over. This is the NBA no playoff team can completely dominate another playoff team every game so can't see Bucks winning a fourth over the Suns. Suns won't lose 4 game in a row. One game to win tuesday and then 1 game to win thursday. Difficult not impossible. Go Suns!!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I hope you don't struggle with the same mental anxiety issues that I do in every day life. Now kindly go **** yourself
If the Suns give you that much mental anxiety, I hope you’re seeing professional help. And I’m saying that in all sincerity.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns do lack quality big men. Ayton is really battling two big men in 6'11"Giannis and 7'0" Lopez. The Ayton criticism never stops here. The guy (Ayton) has to guard Giannis with no backup help because Frank Kaminsky is so sorry the coach can't put him in yet they paid him what 5 or 6 million and give $9 million to Dario Serio who is now hurt, not the difference maker even if he was well, and he's just fraction of inch better player than Kaminsky. The Suns failed miserably in getting a quality power forward & back up center this year because with Dario & Frank you are not serious. That lack of size and skill is not there on this team. The Bucks are just too big. Kaminsky has the size but not the skill other than to shoot a once in while 3 point shot. Face it Kaminsky and Dario are a waste of money and were James Jones short comings in putting this team together not Ayton. There was someone in this board that put the blame all on Ayton. Ayton don't get very many touches and he needs to be involved. He's our only consistent rebounder. Maybe many on this board would be happy if Ayton was gone but he would do well else where. Booker & Paul need to quit complaining to the refs about calls and just play. It not over..it bleak but not over. This is the NBA no playoff team can completely dominate another playoff team every game so can't see Bucks winning a fourth over the Suns. Suns won't lose 4 game in a row. One game to win tuesday and then 1 game to win thursday. Difficult not impossible. Go Suns!!!

Chris Paul is playing with one arm. It's indeed impossible.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul is playing with one arm. It's indeed impossible.

That's definitely an exaggeration but he's not 100% physically and seems disinterested mentally.

It almost seems like Paul doesn't want to win unless its him leading us to that victory. That's how game 4 and now game 5 looked to me.

Raindog

Reaction score
The Suns do lack quality big men. Ayton is really battling two big men in 6'11"Giannis and 7'0" Lopez. The Ayton criticism never stops here. The guy (Ayton) has to guard Giannis with no backup help because Frank Kaminsky is so sorry the coach can't put him in yet they paid him what 5 or 6 million and give $9 million to Dario Serio who is now hurt, not the difference maker even if he was well, and he's just fraction of inch better player than Kaminsky. The Suns failed miserably in getting a quality power forward & back up center this year because with Dario & Frank you are not serious. That lack of size and skill is not there on this team. The Bucks are just too big. Kaminsky has the size but not the skill other than to shoot a once in while 3 point shot. Face it Kaminsky and Dario are a waste of money and were James Jones short comings in putting this team together not Ayton.

I do agree that was a major blunder by Jones, and one that there was probably lots of opportunity to rectify. I think we all hoped it wouldn't come back to bite us, but here we are. I'm not sure who had the bright idea of filling out the roster with five or so guards/wings who Monty will never seemingly give playing time to, while completely ignoring the need for at least one legitimate post presence to help Ayton... and no, Saric, Frank, nor Jalen Smith should not be considered legitimate post guys. Saric and Kaminski have always been outside guys, and Smith is a toothpick.

James Jones really dropped the ball on that.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2. Ayton, after seemingly finally starting to get it earlier in the playoffs, has gone back to being a space cadet. Again, I question what kind of so-called coaching he is getting from Mark Bryant, or whether he just is unable to process it in a game situation. But I can rarely recall such a physically talented big man being so motivationally inconsistent and prone to fundamental errors that his physical ability simply cannot be used effectively. It is getting to be beyond frustrating watching him. Still, he is likely to get his big payday this off-season - which may not help that.
I can't even focus during a freaking finals game because of his effort at times.. it's completely mind blowing, to me, that his effort isn't though the roof in these moments. ....I'm sure the coaches are all about keeping him semi passive to stay out of foul trouble, but at the same time...this isn't a way for the kid to learn. I'd rather him be super aggressive and take our chances with fouling out late. He will be the enigma that will haunt me forever until he develops any sort of physicality or consistent energy on the court.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I can't even focus during a freaking finals game because of his effort at times.. it's completely mind blowing, to me, that his effort isn't though the roof in these moments. ....I'm sure the coaches are all about keeping him semi passive to stay out of foul trouble, but at the same time...this isn't a way for the kid to learn. I'd rather him be super aggressive and take our chances with fouling out late. He will be the enigma that will haunt me forever until he develops any sort of physicality or consistent energy on the court.
I think playing Giannis in this series could be extremely beneficial in Ayton’s development. Giannis is such an athletic freak, who plays with max effort and has worked so hard to round out his game. He’s a perfect example for Ayton to follow.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose