Bucks @ Suns Saturday Finals game thread 7-17-2021 Game - Game 5

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
We are so undermanned… Bucks are SO much bigger, stronger and more physical than the Suns.
AND, the Bucks are loaded with seasoned vets…whereas we are so damn young and inexperienced.
That combination alone are probably the biggest contributors to our struggles.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty isn't leaving their shooters open for 3's in the corner on every possession.

I get that he didn't call a TO when people wanted but the team was folding. This is on the team and their awful defense. Monty isn't playing D for them.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just utterly unbelievable we build a huge lead in the 1st quarter and Monty watches Torrey Craig jack up 3's and nobody focuses on defense. It's also on CP3 to control the offense when Book is out and he completely choked. If we don't come back to win this game, we deserve to lose the series and CP3 can go down as an all time choke artist

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The shooting of Portis (9) and Connaughton (9) off the bench really hurts.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a rocket scientist but I think I might run a play to get Cam Johnson the ball

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Monty isn't leaving their shooters open for 3's in the corner on every possession.

I get that he didn't call a TO when people wanted but the team was folding. This is on the team and their awful defense. Monty isn't playing D for them.
Isn’t that the fault of the defensive gameplan?

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Monty is being outcoached bad…they picked up on the switch early on and capitalized. This isn’t looking good, but what the hell I know I’m just a “bandwaggor” gtfoh

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

This 100%!

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of "oh well, close to a championship is good enough" from Monty and some of the rest of the team after Game 2. No killer instinct. You can't win it all with that approach.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Really disappointed in Ayton and Bridges. If you can’t score make up for it other ways, and it’s not happening.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Actually leaving the corner three is part of monty’s game plan by necessity - those defenders are needed to build the wall and team rebound. Weakside corner threes shouldn’t be SO open though.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You could see this coming when the Suns got complacent and sloppy at the end of the first quarter.

That being said, Paul is clearly playing with one arm. Despite Paul's best efforts, the Suns are a better team with Paul on the bench right now...

EXCEPT that instead of playing within the flow of the offense, Booker is forcing it again.

Bridges being out almost the entire second quarter made no sense, given the defense he played in the first.

Ayton has been downright lazy. No other way to describe it.

Crowder was incredible to start the game, then fell in love with the three point shot and forgot the rest of the game.

Cam Johnson has been invisible, while Cam Payne has been outright bad.

Worst quarter of the season. Looked like the whole team, Monty included, quit, other than Paul, who is playing with one arm.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just don’t see the fire and want too from some of these guys. I don’t know if they just hit a wall or have self doubt. Maybe the Clip series took its toll

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The season comes down to this half. Leave it all on the court.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave