Bringing Down the House

Bob Chebat

The Silencer!
Reaction score
This movie is not as funny throughout the whole film as the previews make it out to be, but it definitely has some very hilarious moments.

I thought Steve Martin was digging a little for his comedic roots at times, but Eugene Levy and Queen Latifah really picked up the slack.

This is a great follow up to Old School in the ways of comedies for this year.

Saw some trailers for a few new ones...

Daddy Daycare with Eddie Murphy
Head of State with Chris Rock
The In-Laws with Michael Douglas and Albert Brooks (remake)

All three look promising, although I still prefer the original In-Laws with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They're remaking the In-Laws? BAH. Hollywood is so tired. Leave a gem alone.

I cant believe that Head of State looks promising. I'm so disappointed with Chris Rocks career direction. He used to play up the stereotypes and stuff, but at least there was a backbone of social commentary and stuff. Now he's just making mindless comedy full of stereotypes with no redeeming value. A white house full of rich politicians in tuxes booty shaking? Please.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The thing I liked most was the fact that the trailer didn't give away the funniest scenes.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I just watched it. Eugene Levy was the highlight of the movie. I thought this was the typical simple comedy that plays off of stereotypes. I laughed a few times, but overall it’s a pretty forgettable movie.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn