Brian Burns for next year first round pick. Anyone?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
i will play devil's advocate:

McCaffery's salary is ~$1mm this year. CHEAP

his contract for 2023, 2024 and 2025 is $11.8mm per in salary.

This could be a rental for the remainder of the year and you could cut him in the offseason with 0 cap ramifications
We do not need him though, we need a DT that can hold up in the interior

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this is going to be true....:barf:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Well that team has proven they'll do just about anything. Would we be shocked?

Reactions: PJ1

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would be surprised if he went to the Rams.

They have no 2023 1st round pick. In fact they only have a 2nd, 3rd, 3 x 6ths and a 7th.

And they have no O line. If the Rams need to trade for anyone it's a left tackle.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd trade our first for him next year as that could very well be a top 10 pick.

Plus, I liked what I saw in Myjai Sanders 10 snaps on Sunday. He's quite similar to Burns and I think we need to give the rookies a chance after a 5 sack game.

I may think differently after the Saints game.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd trade our first for him next year as that could very well be a top 10 pick.

Plus, I liked what I saw in Myjai Sanders 10 snaps on Sunday. He's quite similar to Burns and I think we need to give the rookies a chance after a 5 sack game.

What even is this post?

10 snaps came to this conclusion? Good Lord.

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score

I definitely wouldn’t trade a top 10 pick for an upper-echelon pass-rusher because Steve Keim has shown to be good at drafting of course.

/s

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What even is this post?

10 snaps came to this conclusion? Good Lord.

We just drafted two 3rd round rookies at Edge. Who are just starting to break through and both of which had sacks at the weekend. Any you think now would be the time to send a high first round pick for a guy that costs $16m on his 5th year option next year when we already have very little cap space next season?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I definitely wouldn’t trade a top 10 pick for an upper-echelon pass-rusher because Steve Keim has shown to be good at drafting of course.

/s

I'm good with sending a high 1st round pick for an upper echelon pass rusher too. Let me know when Nick Bosa or Micah Parsons is available.

I like Brian Burns, I've advocated trading for him in the past, but he's never had more than 9 sacks in a season and you're high if you think thats worth a top 10 pick. He's arguably not even Haason Reddick who is beating him this year and beat him the last 2 years.

Would you trade a top 10 pick for Reddick?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We just drafted two 3rd round rookies at Edge. Who are just starting to break through and both of which had sacks at the weekend. Any you think now would be the time to send a high first round pick for a guy that costs $16m on his 5th year option next year when we already have very little cap space next season?
Myjai literally got a sack because of snap-breakdown which led him getting a free-run to the QB. The same thing literally happened to the other OT on the other side Markus rushed from. Kudos to him for actually getting the sack, but it barely took any effort to get there. If “breaking through” is getting 1 sack, then I’m extremely speechless. I feel like even you know that you’re reaching.

There’s always a way to finesse through the cap as we seen with a team in our own division constantly too, but that’s too smart for our GM in charge to do.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm good with sending a high 1st round pick for an upper echelon pass rusher too. Let me know when Nick Bosa or Micah Parsons is available.

I like Brian Burns, I've advocated trading for him in the past, but he's never had more than 9 sacks in a season and you're high if you think thats worth a top 10 pick. He's arguably not even Haason Reddick who is beating him this year and beat him the last 2 years.

Would you trade a top 10 pick for Reddick?
Be honest, if hypothetically Bosa or Parsons was on the block, you would find a way to not advocate trading for them, too. I could see you talking about Bosa’s durability & Parson’s off-field history.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Myjai literally got a sack because of snap-breakdown which led him getting a free-run to the QB. The same thing literally happened to the other OT on the other side Markus rushed from. Kudos to him for actually getting the sack, but it barely took any effort to get there. If “breaking through” is getting 1 sack, then I’m extremely speechless. I feel like even you know that you’re reaching.

There’s always a way to finesse through the cap as we seen with a team in our own division constantly too, but that’s too smart for our GM in charge to do.

Who said "breaking through" except you? I suggest you read what I said again. I didn't even mention his sack.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Be honest, if hypothetically Bosa or Parsons was on the block, you would find a way to not advocate trading for them, too. I could see you talking about Bosa’s durability & Parson’s off-field history.

lol, no.

If you'd been paying any attention you'd know I don't give a crap about off field issues. I'd sign Charles Manson if he got 15 sacks a season.

And I spent the last month saying injuries happen to anyone. It's a physical sport.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol, no.

If you'd been paying any attention you'd know I don't give a crap about off field issues. I'd sign Charles Manson if he got 15 sacks a season.
You have said that, but if it ever came to fruition, but we didn’t have the “cap-space” to do it, your narrative would change. Just be honest.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sure Dvontel is saying some interesting things (this is a lie) but I already made the mistake of clicking "Show ignored content" today and that was enough to prove it was a bad decision.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This isn't fantasy football. It would be nice to add Burns, but if the Cardinals have a top ten pick, I'd rather try out what is on the roster first.

Burns is a nice talent, but he isn't one that's worth a top ten pick on the trade market. That's crazy talk.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Nice plays there. You have to wonder if the Cardinals reluctance to play young players is continuing to bite them in the butt. We will see over the coming weeks if NOT playing Cam Thomas and Myjai Sanders was a mistake. I'd like to see Thomas shift to the DL and replace Watt and resign Allen, while adding another premium DL in the offseason.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This isn't fantasy football. It would be nice to add Burns, but if the Cardinals have a top ten pick, I'd rather try out what is on the roster first.

Burns is a nice talent, but he isn't one that's worth a top ten pick on the trade market. That's crazy talk.

Exactly.

Would I rather have Brian Burns or Myjai Sander, Cameron Thomas and Jalen Carter or Peter Skoronski? Easy decision.

I know we would still have Sander and Thomas but their development would be all but dead if we traded a top 10 pick for Burns.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice plays there. You have to wonder if the Cardinals reluctance to play young players is continuing to bite them in the butt. We will see over the coming weeks if NOT playing Cam Thomas and Myjai Sanders was a mistake. I'd like to see Thomas shift to the DL and replace Watt and resign Allen, while adding another premium DL in the offseason.

But Dvontel said his sack was a free run so I've completely changed my mind...

It doesn't matter that he was off like a rocket before the tackle knew what was happening. Or that he bullrushed top 10 tackle Charles Cross into Geno forcing him to run which created a holding penalty.

Or that he blew past the same top 10 LT with power and speed to almost sack Geno and make him run into a sack by Zaven.

And all that in only 10 snaps.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
But Dvontel said his sack was a free run so I've completely changed my mind...

It doesn't matter that he was off like a rocket before the tackle knew what was happening. Or that he bullrushed top 10 tackle Charles Cross into Geno forcing him to run which created a holding penalty.

Or that he blew past the same top 10 LT with power and speed to almost sack Geno and make him run into a sack by Zaven.

And all that in only 10 snaps.
Free run or not, you have to have the burst and twitch to finish. Sanders actually struggled at finishing last season, but created more pressure than almost any other player in CFB last year.

I don't see the point in being negative about a rookie looking pretty damn good in limited snaps.

The Cardinals will be doing pretty damn well if both Sanders and Thomas work out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn