Brentson Buckner Jaguars DL Coach

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I like Buckner from the interviews and etc I have seen of him but our DL was nothing to fear this year when Watt was out.
Agreed. I don't know if he is or is not good at his job. Maybe Zach Allen's jump this year indicates he is...but I don't really know.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would BB leave for a lateral move in role?

Why would Cardinals let him?

Conspiracy theory - something is going to happen with VJ?
It is a curious move. Wasn't he here with BA? Was he a holdover? Or did he come back after wilks?

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why would BB leave for a lateral move in role?

Why would Cardinals let him?

Conspiracy theory - something is going to happen with VJ?

Reportedly, Buckner's contract with Arizona expired. So he was a coaching free agent.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was the internal fall guy for our defensive run-stopping issues.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Buckner but there's not a coach on this team I wouldn't change.

Buckner was out of contract BTW so he was gone anyway.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Maybe it's has already been unraveled and we are now seeing the fat being trimmed.
If they were trimming the fat they should’ve started at heart (Keim) because he runs the show, then cut off the head (Kliff) because he’s the so called brains of these 2nd half collapses.

Buck was a quality coach when he had some talent & a competent DC.

Imo this was the year to start a new because of our cap & FAs not next year. Ugh

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah this one makes you wonder, unless he just prefers Florida to Arizona a lateral move seems odd

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they were trimming the fat they should’ve started at heart (Keim) because he runs the show, then cut off the head (Kliff) because he’s the so called brains of these 2nd half collapses.

Buck was a quality coach when he had some talent & a competent DC.

Imo this was the year to start a new because of our cap & FAs not next year. Ugh

Buckner bled Cardinal Red as our coach. Any time he is taking a lateral move to a lesser franchise, that's an issue.

Commitment and passion were never his issue

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A lateral move to a worse franchise. Just another domino in what is apparently an atrocious culture.

How about a lateral move to a 'worse' franchise joining a former colleague after not being offered a new contract with the Cards because they agree with fans on this board that our run "D" was a problem and a new voice is needed?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about a lateral move to a 'worse' franchise joining a former colleague after not being offered a new contract with the Cards because they agree with fans on this board that our run "D" was a problem and a new voice is needed?

That would be incorrect because this is the YPC allowed for the last 3 years.

All in the bottom 10 of the league. Buckner was the coach for one of those years.

Vance runs the wide 9, which will always be vulnerable to the run.