BREAKING NEWS: Steve Kerr, New Suns GM

OP
OP
sly fly

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Wow, I don't know what to say? Steve Kerr is highly regarded around the league.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Nice hire.

This means that Griff is going to Memphis, most likely.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
This is great. Now Mike D can focus on what he does best, dissing Amare and letting Nash run the team.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good move by the suns to hire Kerr hopefully he can make some good moves in the future :) and bring us a ring

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is great news. The Suns need a full-time GM. I did a lot of fretting about this issue in the Ivaroni thread when I heard rumors that Griffin was leaving the Suns.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A big "Bear Down" to Steeeeeeeeve Kerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
This is came pretty surprising..

Now what can we expect from Steve in terms of draft and trades.

I doubt Steve is going to entertain trading Amare. I was under the impression that he is more critical of Shawn Marion if anything, way more than D'Antoni certainly.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Why is it a good hire? He does not have any experience as a GM. I'm just trying to understand the reason for excitement other than D'Antoni will not be the GM!

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Unless this is a different Steve Kerr than the one whose writing on Yahoo I've disliked for so long, I'm very depressed.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I mean at least Steve Kerr is a GM who doesn't love small ball I would guess, when was the last time that was the case with the Suns?

And we will never have to listen to Kerr calling a Spurs game on TNT again, thanks god.

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
Why is it a good hire? He does not have any experience as a GM. I'm just trying to understand the reason for excitement other than D'Antoni will not be the GM!

That's pretty much the reason. Hopefully he turns into a guy like Dumars or Paxson. Plus, I really think that with the Colangelos out, that small ball is on notice for Phoenix.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless this is a different Steve Kerr than the one whose writing on Yahoo I've disliked for so long, I'm very depressed.

well, the above, combined with the reigns being taken off DA leads me to believe this is a very positive development.

sunsfn

Reaction score
I am not fond of Steve Kerr and his comments about the suns in the past, hopefully he makes a good G.M.
He has no experience at this and obviously received this job because of Sarver.

I do not think there is much that he can do with player movement at this time. The Suns have an excellent core, and hopefully he convinces Sarver to keep some draft picks.

If I remember, today is the day that Sarver makes the final payment to JC for the purchase of the suns.

fordronken

Reaction score
Why didn't people like Kerr's opinions? Because he picked against the Suns? Well guess what? He was right. The guy knows basketball and he understands the importance of defense to winning a title. He has a lot of championship experience and he's a close friend of Sarver's and Sarver trusts him immensely. What that means is that when Kerr wants something done, even if it means spending more money, the owner will have his back.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
How is this going to help foster his man love for the San Antonio Spurs?

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what kind of GM Kerr will be, but we just lost a legitimate capologist in Griffin. He was supposed to be one of the best in the NBA.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard