Breaking Bad (AMC)

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been posted before.

You must be registered for see images

Our second lab in organic chemistry this semester was crystallization/recrystallization. During the recrystallization process something dawned on me, and I said to my lab partner "This is how they make crystal meth!"

It was like one of those movie moments when you hear the needle of a record player scratch across the LP; everything, and I mean everything just stopped in the lab...and the prof, the lab techs, and the students were all looking at me.

One of the weirdest, most uncomfortable, moments in my life.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our second lab in organic chemistry this semester was crystallization/recrystallization. During the recrystallization process something dawned on me, and I said to my lab partner "This is how they make crystal meth!"

It was like one of those movie moments when you hear the needle of a record player scratch across the LP; everything, and I mean everything just stopped in the lab...and the prof, the lab techs, and the students were all looking at me.

One of the weirdest, most uncomfortable, moments in my life.

Yea right. No more weird than when you dress up as your favorite star wars character and meet BIM for a night on the town.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aaron Paul ✔
@aaronpaul_8

I just finished reading the first episode of the final season of Breaking Bad and words can not express what I just experienced. Holy (expletive deleted).

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh man I'm catching up on season 5 now. I'm not reading these posts because I don't want any spoilers, but oh my God that 5 minute scene between Mike in Lydia at the end of episode 2 was the most intense scene in all five season for me. Wow.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow, the last 10 minutes of the train robbery episode, especially the last scene.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hey, first time in this thread.

I love BB.

I was a late comer to the series. Didnt watch it till the first 2 seasons were on Netflix. Been hooked since.

Ima rant on the current state of the current (final) season:

I feel like this ending is very forced. Its clear this will end badly for Walter. And to accomplish that, the creators are introducing all these new characters and lose threads.

Its like weve been grinding along this whole time, building a well developed plot thats complex, and all the charatcers are interconnected. Very slow, methodical, build. And now we are at the end...speedspeedspeed, quickly introduce all these new people, new lose threads, new problems, ahhh!

It feels cheap. like a cop-out.

If someone were to foil Walter. I want it to be someone whos been around since day 1. I want a plot element which we've seen coming since the beginning come to fruition.

Not the introduction of some nobody, unstable woman, and 5 minutes later shes the cause of his downfall.
----------

I forget his name, Walters new assistant (of course, introduced this season for the first time). Its so un-walter-like to associate himself with such a moron. Its another example of the creators trying to force new down-fall elements down our throats. Prior to this season. Walter would never. Ever associate himself with such an unstable character. I hate it.

That woman. New character whos unstable and creates all sorts of new problems #2. The best thing that couldve happened with this character would have been Mike killing her.
-----Which brings me to basically the overall premise of this season. We are supposed to be at the end, right? Yet here we are with Walter and this woman trying to build an international empire. That feels like something that shouldve started 3 seasons ago. Obviously its the crux for the end of this season downfall. I just hate how rushed it felt.

The new distributors. You know the guys in the desert with the 5 mill. More loose ends.

----------------

To sum up. We just spent 3 seasons watching Walter sew up loose ends. At the end of season 3, we really had no major loose ends. He was buttoned up very well. There was Jesse GF and Walter poisoning the kid. And the lawyers knowlege of this. Thats perfect. Why mess with it? We could make a final season based on stuff like that.

Boom season 4, new people, new plots, new, new, new. Ugh.

The rule of thumb in all stories: You Dont Introduce a bunch of new characters and plot elements in at the end.

Very disppointed with the upcoming ending. All this new crap was not necessary. There was enough with Mike and Hank and Skyler to bring about the down fall. They totally ruined it with all this new noise.

I get what you're saying, but I disagree. I will agree with you on Todd being the new cook, but we all saw how desperate Walt was to cook and how desperate Jesse was to get out.

As far as introducing new characters goes I don't feel it was forced. It's no different than Gus and the cartel being introduced in seasons three and four. Those were all loose ends that needed to be tied up. The loose ends in this season will be tied up as well.

Each season has gotten progressively better. I love the downfall of Walt and Skyler in season 5 when the kids move out for three months. I think it was a little cheesy how this last episode ended, but ok I just want to see how it ends now and who makes it out.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't read a damn thing on this thread, am only through the 5th episode in season 2 but MAN is this show great. The opening two episodes of season two are some of the best TV I've ever seen.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Can't read a damn thing on this thread, am only through the 5th episode in season 2 but MAN is this show great. The opening two episodes of season two are some of the best TV I've ever seen.

What's crazy is it only gets better.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave