Boycott the Fiesta Bowl

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the Rose Bowl decided to be their pompous, arrogant selfs and picked Illinois over Kansas... Once that happend, ASU was screwed...
The entire system sucks though... How is it that Ohio St and Georgia were both Idle, yet Georgia is the only one who got dinged for being idle?? Stupid...

So you wanted the Rose Bowl to throw away tradition just to ensure that the Fiesta Bowl could bend over backwards and take ASU??

The only game that matters in the the championship game - after that, it is basically the old bowl system.

Illinois is just as deserving of a BCS bid as ASU, don't kid yourself about how much better ASU is, because they aren't.

And if you want to get technical and say they should just take the top 10 teams, then that still leaves ASU out...

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
No, we wanted them to pick an opponent who would be able to compete with USC so ASU would get their rightful spot in the Fiesta. Most BCS games are lookin' like blowouts. Of course with the way things are going this season, Illinois may win.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
So you wanted the Rose Bowl to throw away tradition just to ensure that the Fiesta Bowl could bend over backwards and take ASU??

The only game that matters in the the championship game - after that, it is basically the old bowl system.

Illinois is just as deserving of a BCS bid as ASU, don't kid yourself about how much better ASU is, because they aren't.

And if you want to get technical and say they should just take the top 10 teams, then that still leaves ASU out...

1.) I am not an ASU grad nor some sort of rabid ASU fan. I honestly couldn't care any less which bowl they played in.

2.) You can say it 1,000 times, but there is no way Illinois should be playing in the Rose Bowl over Kansas... How many losses did the Illini have? Wasn't one of those losses to Iowa - a team that sucked this year??

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Rose Bowl tradition went out the window when they made it a BCS bowl. The year they are in the rotation and the two Championship teams play in it for all the marbles the tradition is out the window. So the whole thing is bunk anywhew!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2.) You can say it 1,000 times, but there is no way Illinois should be playing in the Rose Bowl over Kansas... How many losses did the Illini have? Wasn't one of those losses to Iowa - a team that sucked this year??

Kansas got a BCS berth. Mizzou got screwed.

Illinois lost to Mizzou, Me-chicken, and to Iowa, when our QB was hurt.

Beat a far tougher schedule than Kansas. Illinois played Mizzou better than Kansas.

Illinois >> Kansas x 1001

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Rose Bowl tradition went out the window when they made it a BCS bowl. The year they are in the rotation and the two Championship teams play in it for all the marbles the tradition is out the window. So the whole thing is bunk anywhew!

The Rose Bowl games doesn't get replaced by the BCS game, it just hosts it. The Suger Bowl is in New Orleans, just like the BCS game. If LSU wasn't in the BCS game, they'd get the auto bid for the Sugar Bowl.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kansas got a BCS berth. Mizzou got screwed.

Beat a far tougher schedule than Kansas. Illinois played Mizzou better than Kansas.

Illinois >> Kansas x 1001

Geez, Jon, you're not coming out well on football or basketball. If injuries wipe out that pathetic loss to Iowa then why doesn't KUs loss of a starting CB and S against the pass first MOO team give us a pass? If UI can lose to Iowa, they can lose to anyone including KU.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score

Thats not what you said about WVU's loss to Pitt. I think your exact message was "Injuries are apart of football" Pot meet kettle.

Who cares about the Rose Bowl tradition anyway. Since the inception of the BCS all that goes out the window.

It is about money, yes but it is really about fan base, which fans travel, and who will fill the stadium.

WVU, Oklahoma, USC, Virginia tech, Georgia, LSU etc have rabid fan bases and will easily sell all their allotment of tickets and then some. They fill these stadiums and make for exciting bowl atmosphere. Having ASU essentially play a home game in Glendale doesnt generate that type of excitemewnt and I highly doubt they would even sell all their tickets!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ohio State got a BCS berth. Mizzou got screwed.

Beat a far tougher schedule than Ohio State. Illinois beat Ohio State.

Illinois >> Ohio State x 1001

Fixed it for you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn