Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If it's highly illigal, don't you think Ali G would have been sued years ago?

I believe the loophole is, that they all get paid for an interview and before the interview (in Ali G's case) the producers discreetly apologizes for Ali being an idiot, but it's part of a youth program in Britain and the TV exes got this stupid idea that the interviews should be made by someone with "street credit"

That makes the people sign the release. That coupled with the fact that they got money makes the loophole. (From what I understand)

Who's to say he HASN'T been sued before? Laws in England might be different, but he hasn't been in America very long. And we all know that America is a sue-happy culture.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who's to say he HASN'T been sued before? Laws in England might be different, but he hasn't been in America very long. And we all know that America is a sue-happy culture.

Ali G stuff was in America for more than two years now, and he shot that stuff back in 2002/03 ish.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I really want to see this movie. Everyone I know has seen it and they thought it was hilarious. It's too bad i've heard so much about it that I know most of the good parts but I still want to check it out.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw this last week. Anyone else who has seen it could you please answer this question?

What in the hell kind of money would they have to pay you in order to do that naked fight scene in the hotel room? Because Im telling you there isnt enough money in the world that they could pay me to sit there and let a huge ****** man rub his bare hairy ass crack up and down my face like that! Not gonna happen!

Mr. Cohen I commed you!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Just saw this last week. Anyone else who has seen it could you please answer this question?

What in the hell kind of money would they have to pay you in order to do that naked fight scene in the hotel room? Because Im telling you there isnt enough money in the world that they could pay me to sit there and let a huge ****** man rub his bare hairy ass crack up and down my face like that! Not gonna happen!

Mr. Cohen I commed you!

:lmao:

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score

Mr. Cohen I commed you!
Well, I think for a million dollars it would be kind of worth it and he got so much more. That was such a funny scene. The movie was kind of a disappointment but only because I heard everything that was going to happen from friends and from my aunt...

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I think for a million dollars it would be kind of worth it and he got so much more. That was such a funny scene. The movie was kind of a disappointment but only because I heard everything that was going to happen from friends and from my aunt...

I would not do that for a million bucks!

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have seen a couple of notes on the Web that say that Bruno is working on a movie deal as well and that it's signed.

Bruno is my favorite character on that show...cracks me up. I love the one where Bruno is talking to the nightclub owner about Matt Damon (I think) being there and he keeps asking "and vhat did he say....and vhat did you say...and then vhat did he say....and then vhat did you say?" Then when the guy says that was pretty much all that was said, Bruno asks if he ever likes to tell that story and they guy says he told it earlier that day to a friend...."oh really, and vhat did he say?" Hilarious.

Also catching the fashion guy up in contradiction after contradiction...then asking him "so, do you think that consistency is important?" Guy says...NO.

I love Bruno...hope his movie is as well made as Borat's seems to be.

Borat's bedroom ban
BANG Showbiz
Feb. 2, 2007 09:00 AM
Sacha Baron Cohen's fiancée Isla Fisher will go to bed with Borat, but refuses to sleep with gay Austrian fashion reporter Bruno.

The 'Wedding Crashers' actress was prepared to put up with Cohen staying in character as the controversial Kazakhstani TV reporter while he shot his hit film, 'Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan'.

However, she is not prepared to afford him the same luxury when he starts work on his Bruno movie. advertisement

A source told the National Enquirer magazine: "Isla grudgingly endured months of living, and sleeping, with Borat when Sacha was making the movie as he had to stay in character while he was filming.

"But now he plans to make a Bruno movie she says she absolutely won't let him stay in character 24 hours a day.

"She has issued him with an ultimatum no Bruno in the bedroom or no sex until the film is finished."

After winning his Best Actor prize at the recent Golden Globe Awards, Cohen dedicated his triumph to Fisher because "she agreed to sleep with Borat for ten months".

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I just watched it. Wow, this was hilarious. I haven’t laughed that much during a movie in a long time.

I thought this trivia item was pretty funny:

The police were called on Sacha Baron Cohen 91 times during the production of this film.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was pretty funny, but I think due to it being over-hyped, I was a little disappointed.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Wow, I finally got around to seeing this on dvd. It was hilarious!

OMG - I thought the funniest scenes were when they stayed at that Jewish B&B and were throwing dollar bills at the cockroaches. Then they got a bear as 'protection' against the Jews - too funny.

I had only a vague idea of what the movie was about and wouldn't have bothered to see it had it not been for a friend that gave me the dvd to watch.

Only a Jewish guy would get away with such blatant anti-semitism and make it funny.

I give it 3 racoons.

:raccoon: :raccoon: :raccoon:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:stupid:

I couldnt agree more. I watched it by myself in a theater of about 10 people, including a four-year old girl.

Pretty entertaining, but not deserved of the hype.
Saw this Sat night at abomb's. His opinion of the movie before viewing seemed to be more favorable than this post...weird.

I sat through most of it without laughing...I was threatened with shots of liquor if I didn't laugh 5 times. I finally made it to 5, but not much more.

It pretty much sucked.

However, the scene which you could not pay Shane enough money to do was freaking hilarious. Holy crap, I laughed my butt off. Other than that, it got a "meh" from me. DCR seemed to like it a lot more than I did.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this Sat night at abomb's. His opinion of the movie before viewing seemed to be more favorable than this post...weird.

I sat through most of it without laughing...I was threatened with shots of liquor if I didn't laugh 5 times. I finally made it to 5, but not much more.

It pretty much sucked.

However, the scene which you could not pay Shane enough money to do was freaking hilarious. Holy crap, I laughed my butt off. Other than that, it got a "meh" from me. DCR seemed to like it a lot more than I did.

I did. I can definitely see how it achieved cult status almost right away. Some of it is just brilliant. The most I have laughed in a film since South Park probably.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did. I can definitely see how it achieved cult status almost right away. Some of it is just brilliant. The most I have laughed in a film since South Park probably.
Amen, brother.

Just for that, I am in complete agreement regarding a certain QB who names rhymes with Stichael Stick.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amen, brother.

Just for that, I am in complete agreement regarding a certain QB who names rhymes with Stichael Stick.

The Bluray is coming out soon (out already maybe) and I think I will have to get it.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bluray is coming out soon (out already maybe) and I think I will have to get it.
I wouldn't want that clear of a picture for a certain scene.

Man, I just remembered the scene when he sees the cockroaches under the door.

I lost my breath from laughing so much at that part.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, I finally got around to seeing this on dvd. It was hilarious!

OMG - I thought the funniest scenes were when they stayed at that Jewish B&B and were throwing dollar bills at the cockroaches. Then they got a bear as 'protection' against the Jews - too funny.

I had only a vague idea of what the movie was about and wouldn't have bothered to see it had it not been for a friend that gave me the dvd to watch.

Only a Jewish guy would get away with such blatant anti-semitism and make it funny.

I give it 3 racoons.

:raccoon: :raccoon: :raccoon:
You must be registered for see images

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't want that clear of a picture for a certain scene.

Man, I just remembered the scene when he sees the cockroaches under the door.

I lost my breath from laughing so much at that part.

Probably not..... I had a hard time watching parts of the scene because I was laughing so hard anyway.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard