Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I just remembered the scene when he sees the cockroaches under the door.

I lost my breath from laughing so much at that part.
Wow...that was just stupid. And don't get me wrong, I LOVE stupid humor. Kung Pow is positively mindless, and I think it's hilarious. Borat was just dumb. I can't even see how people found it funny. Often, if I personally don't think something is funny I can see how others can. This one, not so much.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow...that was just stupid. And don't get me wrong, I LOVE stupid humor. Kung Pow is positively mindless, and I think it's hilarious. Borat was just dumb. I can't even see how people found it funny. Often, if I personally don't think something is funny I can see how others can. This one, not so much.
I thought it was brilliant satire (during that part). Don't worry, I am the guy who walked out of Slumdog. :)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I thought it was brilliant and hilarious. They likened Jews to cockroaches and then were so afraid of the shape shifting cockroach Jews that they were trying to bribe them by throwing dollar bills at them. $1 bills.

Genius.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was brilliant and hilarious. They likened Jews to cockroaches and then were so afraid of the shape shifting cockroach Jews that they were trying to bribe them by throwing dollar bills at them. $1 bills.

Genius.
:satire:

I also appreciated the Pam Anderson part. :)

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Genius.
I understand what happened in the scene. I was there. It is just not hilarious nor brilliant, imo.

Do they really expect anyone to believe that anyone would think that there are shape-shifting Jews? Really? It's stupid.

The "trying to poison us" bit was better, and even that was dumb.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand what happened in the scene. I was there. It is just not hilarious nor brilliant, imo.

Do they really expect anyone to believe that anyone would think that there are shape-shifting Jews? Really? It's stupid.

The "trying to poison us" bit was better, and even that was dumb.

Someone. Quick. Find Linderbee's sense of humor. :)

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone. Quick. Find Linderbee's sense of humor. :)
I know. I feel like I have to defend my sense of humor...I think I've got a pretty good one. I know I laugh way more than you do in general.

Ah, well. To each his own. You'll probably hate Kung Pow.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know. I feel like I have to defend my sense of humor...I think I've got a pretty good one. I know I laugh way more than you do in general.

Ah, well. To each his own. You'll probably hate Kung Pow.
I had no interest in seeing Kung Pow.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't finished Anchorman yet. I watched about half of it at like 12:30am and had to turn it off and never went back to it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we actually all fell asleep. Considering I have seen it about 10 times, I feel I'm excused...dcr--not so much.

Honestly, when I hook up the surround sound again, I can think of at least 10 movies that I want to see before I watch Anchorman again.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, when I hook up the surround sound again, I can think of at least 10 movies that I want to see before I watch Anchorman again.
It is because of comments/views like this that I am incredulous that you liked Borat.