Boozer is a Laker

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn't help but think, might the Lakers have better PFs than the Suns with Boozer, Jordon and Davis?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I forgot Julius Randle.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I think you're basically comparing Boozer, Davis and Randle to Morris, Morris and Tolliver. I don't see why the Lakers would have the advantage there. From their roster it appears they're going to have to use Hill mostly as a center. If that's the case, Markieff is the clear cut best player of the group right now. That might change as Randle develops but for this year, I'd give us the edge.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I think you're basically comparing Boozer, Davis and Randle to Morris, Morris and Tolliver. I don't see why the Lakers would have the advantage there. From their roster it appears they're going to have to use Hill mostly as a center. If that's the case, Markieff is the clear cut best player of the group right now. That might change as Randle develops but for this year, I'd give us the edge.

Steve

Let's say you're right. Still this is a position the Suns needed to improve and the Lakers put a PF lineup together that might be comparable or even better than the Suns.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's say you're right. Still this is a position the Suns needed to improve and the Lakers put a PF lineup together that might be comparable or even better than the Suns.

I like their draft pick. I don't see Boozer helping us much. But even with the Stromile Swift comparisons I would have liked to have given Davis a chance, especially at that salary. I really have no idea how to compare him and Tolliver. I guess the difference for me is that I'm much more concerned about our center position than our forward position. Markieff has earned starter minutes and if we don't give him that chance I can't see him staying with us. We need to find out how Markieff the backup translates to Markieff the starter and he needs the minutes for us to make that call.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like their draft pick. I don't see Boozer helping us much. But even with the Stromile Swift comparisons I would have liked to have given Davis a chance, especially at that salary. I really have no idea how to compare him and Tolliver. I guess the difference for me is that I'm much more concerned about our center position than our forward position. Markieff has earned starter minutes and if we don't give him that chance I can't see him staying with us. We need to find out how Markieff the backup translates to Markieff the starter and he needs the minutes for us to make that call.

Steve

Markieff will not only be the starter at PF but he will likely see considerable minutes at center in small ball lineups. The Suns have not improved at C/PF. I guess I was just hoping to add a young player with talent to backup Markieff.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't forget, it's not only the position that matters. Does the guy fit in the locker room? Is he going to disrupt the chemistry. That stuff really does matter. I dont' know about Boozer and Davis's personalities, but I have to believe the Suns took a look at both and passed on Davis for some reason and didn't bid or bid low on Boozer for a reason. From an outsiders perspective I can see how we might wonder why the Suns are letting guys who play a position of need slip away on the cheap, but I have to believe there are more reasons than we are privy to.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm curious why everyone thinks Davis is this great player? He's absolutely not. Definitely comparable to Tolliver. Davis is a better rebounder while Tolliver can shoot the three, Davis doesn't even attempt 3 point shots. Tolliver beats him in points per game as well. Davis is a guy that only plays 15 minutes a game. But yet, everyone thinks his contract is a steal. It's about right for a guy that is woefully mediocre.

I actually find it funny that Suns fans moan about the Lakers signing him, but Laker fans actually could care less.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious why everyone thinks Davis is this great player? He's absolutely not. Definitely comparable to Tolliver. Davis is a better rebounder while Tolliver can shoot the three, Davis doesn't even attempt 3 point shots. Tolliver beats him in points per game as well. Davis is a guy that only plays 15 minutes a game. But yet, everyone thinks his contract is a steal. It's about right for a guy that is woefully mediocre.

I actually find it funny that Suns fans moan about the Lakers signing him, but Laker fans actually could care less.

I only thought the deal was a steal from the standpoint of how badly he abused us one night. I'm fine with the Tolliver signing. I had some interest in Davis but it's no big deal that we didn't get him.

Steve

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Laker fans are pretty much over the moon getting him for $1M. More excitement for him than he's worth, IMO, but a million for his potential is a great deal.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=169496

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I guess I'm happy that it'll get them over the lottery hump so we get their pick.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Laker fans are pretty much over the moon getting him for $1M. More excitement for him than he's worth, IMO, but a million for his potential is a great deal.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=169496

Maybe on your planet, but I work with an office full of them and they could care less. Of course, they don't care about Boozer either, so it's not like there is anything to be excited about.