Booker Question

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
thanks (in no small part) to Booker, we achieved the 2nd best record in the league

so would it be wrong to mention that...
if Book had not called a player of Paul George's caliber a "soft ___ ______" we might have won both games, the season series, have the best record in the league, a better chance at a higher seed and beating the Clips in the playoffs?

Paul George has played over 80 playoff games and has upped his game after the bubble struggles. He’s better than Booker and is probably not the bear you want to poke going into May.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who's doing the bashing here?

The person who shows up to blame the loss and the Suns inability to win the season series vs the Clippers on something Booker allegedly said about PG13.

It wouldn't be so bad if they showed up to discuss the Suns semi regularly but instead all they do is complain about Booker after losses or off nights.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Paul George has played over 80 playoff games and has upped his game after the bubble struggles. He’s better than Booker and is probably not the bear you want to poke going into May.
He's terrible in the playoffs. That's just a fact.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The person who shows up to blame the loss and the Suns inability to win the season series vs the Clippers on something Booker allegedly said about PG13.

It wouldn't be so bad if they showed up to discuss the Suns semi regularly but instead all they do is complain about Booker after losses or off nights.

I think he has a very well developed anti-Booker bias which I find annoying at times but I don't get the feeling he has an agenda so AFAIC it's just life on a message board.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he has a very well developed anti-Booker bias which I find annoying at times but I don't get the feeling he has an agenda so AFAIC it's just life on a message board.

agreed. He’s nowhere near the level of ridiculousness that 1Sun polluted the board with daily, a thousand times a day.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Last year he was but before that he’s been productive.
I suppose that depends on how you define productive. Percentage wise:

Regular season: .436/.385/.848
Postseason: .419/.356/.819
Diffence: -.017/-.029/-.029

Not aggregious, but a decent dip in production. Compare that to his teammate Kawhii:

Difference: +.011/+.016/-.018

Or compare him to someone who famously struggled in playoffs, Shawn Marion:

Difference: -.028/-.013/+.004

In comparison, he doesn't look great. Obviously, percentages aren't everything, but they do tend to portray a picture of a guy who slightly wilts in the playoffs.

Also, I don't believe he's ever hit a game winner in the playoffs. He was of course famous for being 0-14 in regular season game winning shots before the commercial about him being great at game winning shots. Then he broke the funk.

(I'm not bagging on him. Actually I like him. I'd take him anyday on my team.)

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Not aggregious, but a decent dip in production. Compare that to his teammate Kawhii:

In comparison, he doesn't look great. Obviously, percentages aren't everything, but they do tend to portray a picture of a guy who slightly wilts in the playoffs.

Also, I don't believe he's ever hit a game winner in the playoffs. He was of course famous for being 0-14 in regular season game winning shots before the commercial about him being great at game winning shots. Then he broke the funk.

So closer to productive than “terrible”... I remember him breaking out for Indiana those years then he broke his leg and played 8 mpg the next year after they went to the ECF’s. He was really good two years vs Portland but I remember Westbrook shooting them out of it.

Last year he was abysmal.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Just curious, did you pull those numbers for Marion from his whole career or just his time as a Sun? He seemed to get better after leaving the Suns because he wasn't relied on as much.

Edit - found the answer, as a Sun it was different for Marion.
-.018, +.004, -.013 is what I found.

Last edited:

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score

man... I was the president of the Shawn “The Tortilla” Marion bash club, but are those numbers right?

nevermind... I was reading those wrong. Makes sense.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i like that Booker added something new to his game with those too neat bounce passes and a smile -- the latter being most beneficial. they're winning. they need to enjoy the ride and have some fun this season

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like that Booker added something new to his game with those too neat bounce passes and a smile -- the latter being most beneficial. they're winning. they need to enjoy the ride and have some fun this season

That one bounce pass by Booker to catch Bridges streaking for the basket in stride was amazing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netsnjkidd