Boldin calling it quits

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
QQQQQQQQQQQ!

I was bummed at first when I heard the news this morning, but after reading his statement I am more proud of him than ever.

He could have just hung on and padded his stats on a bad team while collecting a check, but I truly believe he cares more about impacting people's lives in a much broader way.

The RACs he had against Carolina and SF are two of the greatest displays of will I have ever seen on a football field. Such a unique and special football player that would have been great in any era.

They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Consummate baller. Tough and durable. HOF credentials. Humanitarian effort should help.

Best wishes, Q. Still disappointed about the way things ended in Arizona.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some speculation on radio he may try and get into politics... I can see it..

Brighteyes

Super Bowl!
Reaction score
His very first game was at home against the Detroit Lions. There'd been a lot of whispering around the facility that he was going to be very special - and he proved it by breaking the record for rookie receivers with over 200 yards receiving.

And afterwards, when he was interviewed, all he could think about was they'd lost the game.

Remember the 'Q' thread we started before that season?

http://www.footballperspective.com/nine-years-ago-today-anquan-boldin-dominated-week-1/

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
His very first game was at home against the Detroit Lions. There'd been a lot of whispering around the facility that he was going to be very special - and he proved it by breaking the record for rookie receivers with over 200 yards receiving.

And afterwards, when he was interviewed, all he could think about was they'd lost the game.

Remember the 'Q' thread we started before that season?

http://www.footballperspective.com/nine-years-ago-today-anquan-boldin-dominated-week-1/

It wasn't at home, it was in Detroit...But you are spot on with everything else.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...zing-nfl-career-but-not-hall-of-fame-amazing/

I some people don't think so.. I do.. Is he first ballot? No.. But I do see him getting in at some point.. Whether it be 3 4 5 or 10 years after eligibility.. The writer of this article doesn't think so at least not early as well... However the article is a very well done fitting tribute to Q... Well done...

#9 ALL TIME in receptions
#14 ALL TIME in yards
#23 ALL TIME in TDS

Super Bowl ring and NFL Walter Payton man of the year award....

Bravo Q

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Peace out Q, I liked all of youthe good and the bad.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Meh... that isn't a good top 10. Maybe top 10 performances, but not plays. Possibly his most dynamic play ever, and the one I think defined his style of play, was his YAC against Carolina at home in 2004. 6-8 different defenders put a hat on him, and he punked all of them on his way to the north end zone at SDS. I was seated right there. Will never forget that.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh... that isn't a good top 10. Maybe top 10 performances, but not plays. Possibly his most dynamic play ever, and the one I think defined his style of play, was his YAC against Carolina at home in 2004. 6-8 different defenders put a hat on him, and he punked all of them on his way to the north end zone at SDS. I was seated right there. Will never forget that.

That should def be his #1 play if all time.... INCREDIBLE

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
agreed, those are nice plays and a few might be top ten but its missing some HUGE plays Boldin made that blew those out of the water. There was a rams game he did that in too. some guys even got two shots to tackle him and missed both times.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
agreed, those are nice plays and a few might be top ten but its missing some HUGE plays Boldin made that blew those out of the water. There was a rams game he did that in too. some guys even got two shots to tackle him and missed both times.

Yes remember that one too was almost identical to the Carolina play

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Does anyone have a video clip of this play, or know where to find it? It was notorious on YouTube a few years ago, and now it's gone.

I'm seeing all these "anquan career highlight" videos, and 80-85% of the content is him in a raven or miner uniform. Quite frankly, many of these plays are LAME compared to what he accomplished in a cardinal uniform.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson