Bold predictions for the 2022 season.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
bold...but not crazy?

thats a fine line.

we will win at least 4 games while Hop is out serving his suspension.

we will have the #1 passing offense in the NFL.

we will have 3 rookies starting for us by the end of the season,.....because they earned it.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
bold...but not crazy?

thats a fine line.

we will win at least 4 games while Hop is out serving his suspension.

we will have the #1 passing offense in the NFL.

we will have 3 rookies starting for us by the end of the season,.....because they earned it.
Love this one

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not super crazy. Niners continue their injury woes and Trey Lance sucks. Aaron Donald gets hurt, Allen Robinson continues to not be good, and, the moves the Rams made on the OL don't work out. Seahawks continue to Seahawk.
It’s definitely bold, lol.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not super crazy. Niners continue their injury woes and Trey Lance sucks. Aaron Donald gets hurt, Allen Robinson continues to not be good, and, the moves the Rams made on the OL don't work out. Seahawks continue to Seahawk.

The Ram's are definitely worse roster wise than last year.

Lost Whitworth, lost Von, lost Daruis Williams, lost Corbett, lost Woods, lost OBJ. I don't think any of the replacements are close to them, and that includes Robinson.

We worry about our Edge rush. After Floyd it's Justin Hollins and Terell Lewis.

Only upgrade they have is Wagner at LB.

I still expect them to be very good. McVay is a talent elevator. Just not as good as last year.

I wouldn't bet on a Donald injury. He's only missed 2 games since 2014. Dude is an animal. But I agree, if they did it would effect them as much as losing Stafford.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Seahawks want to finish in the bottom 6 to draft a QB of choice from next year’s excellent pool. They should finish last in the West, though if Lance fails for the Niners, the 2 could race for the bottom.
I’ll be honest, on paper, I don’t think we’re all that better than Seattle. We just have a significantly better QB.

Lance can play average & I still think SF finishes above us. Overall talent, they beat us & I don’t think it’s all that close, imo.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I’ll be honest, on paper, I don’t think we’re all that better than Seattle. We just have a significantly better QB.

Lance can play average & I still think SF finishes above us. Overall talent, they beat us & I don’t think it’s all that close, imo.
Where are they really all that better?
Qb? Nope
RB? Yes, but meh
WR? Top two, sure, but corps isn't.
TE? No.
OL? Maybe equal.

DL? Nothing they have is super scary. Probably around equal, but I'll give them the edge.
LB? Nope.
CB? Cardinals are better. You can say it's arguable, but I disagree.
S? This is an arguable position, but I think Cardinals safeties are more versatile.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

It's funny how much faith people in this board have for the Niners. Lance was awful last year and got hurt in one start. You have to have faith in quite a few guys that get hurt nearly every season going back to college.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Qb? Nope
RB? Yes, but meh
TE? No.
OL? Maybe equal.

DL? Nothing they have is super scary. Probably around equal, but I'll give them the edge.
LB? Nope.
S? This is an arguable position, but I think Cardinals safeties are more versatile.

That's generous.

Our O line is better and WR is better when Nuk is back.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Qb? Nope
RB? Yes, but meh
TE? No.
OL? Maybe equal.

LB? Nope.
lol, the fact you said it’s a “yes” in Seattle’s favor + arguable for half of these is scary. Pretty much made my point for me. LB also favors Seattle, too. Wagner left, but Jordyn has outplayed Simmons & we don’t know what Zaven is yet.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's funny how much faith people in this board have for the Niners. Lance was awful last year and got hurt in one start. You have to have faith in quite a few guys that get hurt nearly every season going back to college.
I have banged the drum for their best players having durability problems for years, but that doesn’t mean their talent isn’t still better than ours.

Bosa, Trent, Warner, Kittle, Deebo. Take QBs out of the equation, Budda & Hop are the only players on their level, but I also have concerns about Hopkins going forward.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Qb? Nope
RB? Yes, but meh
TE? No.
OL? Maybe equal.

LB? Nope.
Hmm he didn’t say they were better. He said we weren’t better. There’s a difference. He’s claiming a tie but seemed to say he was saying they are better. He didn’t. As you just went through the comparison he doesn’t seem wrong. Pretty equal talent other than WR for them and QB for us.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Christian Kirk will be Jag's WR1 and will resemble Julio Jones in his prime. In spite of that, the Jags earn the #1 pick in the 2023 draft and select Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR from Ohio St to be their new WR1.

In 2025 Kirk will be traded back to the AZ Cards for a 3rd round draft pick, with the Cards able to pick up the final year of Kirk's contract with money and cap space made available upon DeAndre Hopkins' retirement at the end of the '24 season.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
SF probably goes to two SB’s in 3 years if they hang onto an INT. Ppl tend to have some faith in teams that appear to be competent in the playoffs. That said the Lance trade/draft looks like a debacle.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have banged the drum for their best players having durability problems for years, but that doesn’t mean their talent isn’t still better than ours.

Bosa, Trent, Warner, Kittle, Deebo. Take QBs out of the equation, Budda & Hop are the only players on their level, but I also have concerns about Hopkins going forward.
Why take QB's out of the equation when they're the most important position in football?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
lol, the fact you said it’s a “yes” in Seattle’s favor + arguable for half of these is scary. Pretty much made my point for me. LB also favors Seattle, too. Wagner left, but Jordyn has outplayed Simmons & we don’t know what Zaven is yet.
LOL nope. Brooks is one player and at a position you consistently say doesn't even matter much. Nice try.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Why take QB's out of the equation when they're the most important position in football?
It's a silly damn argument. I look at the Rams roster, and except for a few players, I like the Cardinals roster better. McVay is definitely an amazing coach that gets the most out of his talent and they have the best IDL in league history.