Bob Kemp on suicide watch?

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Somebody needs to talk homeboy off the ledge. He sounds like he's about to have a nervous breakdown since a DE that he's constantly talked trash about is about to be picked #1.

This draft just got very interesting. I hadn't seen a single mock that didn't have Bush going #1 since about the time of the Rosebowl.

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
I believe he is talking about the host of Sporting News Radio on 1060AM from 3-6PM

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I like Bob Kemp. He was the guy who was saying that J.J. Arrington couldn't break a tackle and that there was no way he was going 1300/8 last season.

Just because he doesn't drink the Kool-aid...

OP
OP
Redrage

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
I like Bob Kemp. He was the guy who was saying that J.J. Arrington couldn't break a tackle and that there was no way he was going 1300/8 last season.

All I'm saying is that the man sounded like he was about to down a bottle of Valium.

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

He is also the guy who picked the Suns to win between 42-45 games without Amare.

He is just shooting in the dark like everyone else.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
He is the guy who keeps ripping each caller...

I'd say the ultimate moron. Can't stand him.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Kenp makes Gambo and Ash sound like all stars.

Phoenix sports talk shows leave a lot to be desired.

Reaction score
az1965 said:
He is the guy who keeps ripping each caller...

I'd say the ultimate moron. Can't stand him.
That is exactly why I can't stand to listen to Kemp for more than a few minutes before turning the dial. Why anyone would call into his show I'll never understand.

He likes to belittle his callers, doing so constantly. Should someone better him in debate he simply talks over them or disconnects them. Kemp is a jackass!

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
CardLogic said:
That is exactly why I can't stand to listen to Kemp for more than a few minutes before turning the dial. Why anyone would call into his show I'll never understand.

He likes to belittle his callers, doing so constantly. Should someone better him in debate he simply talks over them or disconnects them. Kemp is a jackass!

Ooo...and I hate when he says "one consecutive hour of phone calls".

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
I've said this before and I'll stand by it, when Kemp was out of Chicago from 12am - 3am on One on One sports, he was a very good host. Yeah, he talked down to callers and stuff, but he was worth listening to. You might not have agreed with him every time he said something, but he backed up his takes.

Everytime he comes up on this board, you guys rip him apart. He might have lost some of his edge, but I still think 8 or 9 years ago he was one of the better sports talk guys on the radio.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
There's a ton of anti phoenix guys on the radio. Hell, when i lived there it was NY Yankees talk in the morning with one of those guys. Made me sick.

Seriously, if Phoenix radio is still anything like it was when I lived there, its about one notch above diarrhea on the poo scale.

I hate the redskins, but I listen to the sports talk around here during the season anyway because the hosts are GOOD.

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
I am not saying that the sports talk here is good but when it is only Anti Phoenix stuff it gets old. He is not the same as he was on SNR.

OP
OP
Redrage

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kemp has some strong takes, but the way he talks down to his callers is insulting. Also, he said that the only reason he talks about the draft is because he has to. I give him credit for staying away from Nascar and Golf though.

When the Cards picked up Edge, his lead story was March Madness. Also, like so many sports analysts he has a tendency to over emphasize baseball. You can bet that in September he'll almost always be giving baseball as much coverage as football. News flash Bob, you can talk about football as a declining product all you want, but I'll take the Houston Texans vs. The Greenbay Packers before I'd bother to watch the Yanks vs. the BoSox. You know what, most other sports fans feel the same way. Sports Center highlights is as good as it gets with that sport.

....and by the way, I hope someone was keeping sharp objects away from him today because the man sounded like he was at the end of his rope.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
I've said this before and I'll stand by it, when Kemp was out of Chicago from 12am - 3am on One on One sports, he was a very good host. Yeah, he talked down to callers and stuff, but he was worth listening to. You might not have agreed with him every time he said something, but he backed up his takes.

Everytime he comes up on this board, you guys rip him apart. He might have lost some of his edge, but I still think 8 or 9 years ago he was one of the better sports talk guys on the radio.

I enjoy listening to bob kemp