Board Games

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Is there a Discord community for this game to find players to play with? I didn't end up getting it because I still have nobody to play with. lol
I don’t know about discord but I’m sure there’s a Reddit for it. The app also features something that allows you to possibly join games with strangers.

Check out Board Game Arena. Similar and completely online. Not as many choices but the ones they do have have tutorials and they allow you to join games or make games available to join.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know about discord but I’m sure there’s a Reddit for it. The app also features something that allows you to possibly join games with strangers.

Check out Board Game Arena. Similar and completely online. Not as many choices but the ones they do have have tutorials and they allow you to join games or make games available to join.
Is it just me, or is Reddit nearly impossible to browse now? Nearly every page is unresponsive for me.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is Reddit nearly impossible to browse now? Nearly every page is unresponsive for me.
I don’t know don’t go on Reddit. Lol

Maybe we could get a tabletop group going, I’m always trying to find people to play on it. I’ve downloaded so many mods I probably have every game you could think up.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Is there a Discord community for this game to find players to play with? I didn't end up getting it because I still have nobody to play with. lol
Just wondering if you could use ChatGPT to play against you in a real challenge?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know don’t go on Reddit. Lol

Maybe we could get a tabletop group going, I’m always trying to find people to play on it. I’ve downloaded so many mods I probably have every game you could think up.
Yeah, maybe have a night once a month and play. If it becomes a hit, increase the frequency.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe have a night once a month and play. If it becomes a hit, increase the frequency.
There are a handful of games I could be comfortable teaching in the platform too.

Horrified
7 Wonders
Legendary Encounters X-Files
legendary Encounters Matrix
nemesis
Disney/Marvel/Star Wars Villainous
Star Wars Outer Rim

For example…

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a handful of games I could be comfortable teaching in the platform too.

Horrified
7 Wonders
Legendary Encounters X-Files
legendary Encounters Matrix
nemesis
Disney/Marvel/Star Wars Villainous
Star Wars Outer Rim

For example…
I'd be down to play any one of them.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gen Con 2023

You must be registered for see images attach

Thieves strolled out with $300,000 worth of TCG cards in Gen Con heist

As spotted by Dicebreaker last week, a recent statement from the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD) reports that around $300,000's worth of trading cards were stolen from Gen Con 2023 last Wednesday.

The IMPD's official statement reveals more about the as-yet unidentified card thieves. "The people of interest reportedly acquired a pallet jack, removed one pallet of gaming cards, and moved them to an unknown location."

It's likely that the pair were taking advantage of the pre-event rush, where scenes of event staff moving pallets are commonplace. "The alleged theft took place before the opening of events in the downtown area and while vendors were setting up their displays at various times."

Two additional photos have been posted by the IMPD, asking the public to help identify its potential suspects, who can be seen below, strolling out of Gen Con with the pallet trailing behind them.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Thieves strolled out with $300,000 worth of TCG cards in Gen Con heist​

As spotted by Dicebreaker last week, a recent statement from the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD) reports that around $300,000's worth of trading cards were stolen from Gen Con 2023 last Wednesday.

The IMPD's official statement reveals more about the as-yet unidentified card thieves. "The people of interest reportedly acquired a pallet jack, removed one pallet of gaming cards, and moved them to an unknown location."

It's likely that the pair were taking advantage of the pre-event rush, where scenes of event staff moving pallets are commonplace. "The alleged theft took place before the opening of events in the downtown area and while vendors were setting up their displays at various times."

Two additional photos have been posted by the IMPD, asking the public to help identify its potential suspects, who can be seen below, strolling out of Gen Con with the pallet trailing behind them.

I've got some cards I'm willing to sell....

LOL just kidding. That's a crazy story, and they still haven't found them. WOrd is that they think they are either Con workers or at least have intimate knowledge about how it all works. It's crazy.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
When I was in college I worked at a Kmart. The big screen TVs back then were HUGE boxes that weighed a ton! We had one on display by our break room, and it was there when I clocked in one morning. At lunch it was missing, and I innocently asked the guys from that department who bought the giant TV. They all laughed. It was real expensive, and they said obviously no one. I then asked where they moved it. They said it's right outside. I said oh no it's not! They all got up and waltzed out to see it gone. They looked at camera recordings, etc. It was there for hours, then gone! It was something very large, and there was a store FULL of employees and customers. Somehow it just disappeared! LOL! I still wonder if there was inside knowledge and it went out the stock room or something?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got some cards I'm willing to sell....

LOL just kidding. That's a crazy story, and they still haven't found them. WOrd is that they think they are either Con workers or at least have intimate knowledge about how it all works. It's crazy.
When stuff like this happens, does it automatically adjust the price of what these cards are worth?

I heard of some companies thinking of putting RFID chips in their cards.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We should set them up. Maybe get a few other ASFNers if they want. Only caveat is that the software does cost $20. Everything else is free though.
Totally down. If there are some two player games that you want to play/teach, let me know. (while we wait for more people to play with us) I'll buy the software.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Let me know when it is a good time for you.
So I'm in Texas, so 2 hours ahead of you if you're in AZ. I have my son every other week, but I know you're probably busier on a week-to-week basis. So let me know when you have free time and I can see if any of that works for me.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm in Texas, so 2 hours ahead of you if you're in AZ. I have my son every other week, but I know you're probably busier on a week-to-week basis. So let me know when you have free time and I can see if any of that works for me.
I can make myself free most nights for an hour or two, even more with enough notice. I'm also Mountain time, so I'm only 1 hour behind you.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I can make myself free most nights for an hour or two, even more with enough notice. I'm also Mountain time, so I'm only 1 hour behind you.
Ok great, I'm usually free after 8pm my time every day except Wednesdays and Sundays, and every other Tuesday. On weeks when I don't have my son, I am available earlier than 8pm.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok great, I'm usually free after 8pm my time every day except Wednesdays and Sundays, and every other Tuesday. On weeks when I don't have my son, I am available earlier than 8pm.
Awesome. You tell me what day is good. Thursday I'm out for my b-day, but any other day this week I'm in.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Awesome. You tell me what day is good. Thursday I'm out for my b-day, but any other day this week I'm in.
Hate to say it, but how about Friday? Good thing about tabletop is that you can do voice chat in the app with whoever you are playing with. We’ll try it out and see if we can’t recruit others it you dig it. I’m open to whichever time works for you.

And happy birthday!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but how about Friday? Good thing about tabletop is that you can do voice chat in the app with whoever you are playing with. We’ll try it out and see if we can’t recruit others it you dig it. I’m open to whichever time works for you.

And happy birthday!
Friday works for me.

Thanks,

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else out there that would like to play board games virtually using Tabletop Simulator? Chaplin and I have played for the past couple of weeks and it has been a really good time.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Is anyone else out there that would like to play board games virtually using Tabletop Simulator? Chaplin and I have played for the past couple of weeks and it has been a really good time.
Yeah it's been great and we've already played these games, all virtually:

Roll Player
Legendary Encounters: X-Files
Horrified
Disney Villainous

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson