Meyer.
Nagy (very likely).
Joe Judge ( very likely).
Fangio ( likely).

Carroll (possible).
Zimmer (possible).

any other surprises may be?

Kliff is not going anywhere
I think Fangio is 100 percent gone.. he would have been gone after September had they not won early.

Zimmer I’d say is very likely. Team has been sitting in mediocrity the past 2 years.. unable to close games.

McCarthy would be the ‘surprise’. If bounced from 1st round playoffs - does he survive ?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Gone:
Zimmer - Vikings need an offensive mind to take advantage of their current talent.
Carroll - I think they mutually part ways. I could see him taking another job. Seattle is in full rebuild mode IMO.
Fangio - He got three years and couldn't get it done.
Nagy - has gotten worse every year.
Judge - He got two years and has gotten worse each year. What do the Giants do well? He has to go.

Jacksonville and Las Vegas are also open.

That would make 7 openings - I think that is about average each year.

Surprise firing - David Culley.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Does BA walk away with Brady and gronk if they win?
I’m not sure Brady is done. If those guys leave I think much depends on what Bowles does. BA has nothing else to do and he waited a long time for his shot. If Bowles stays, I think BA stays. Maybe they go after Rodgers.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I’m not sure Brady is done. If those guys leave I think much depends on what Bowles does. BA has nothing else to do and he waited a long time for his shot. If Bowles stays, I think BA stays. Maybe they go after Rodgers.
I think Brady wants to play till he's 50
Be interesting to see if he can do it
Or maybe it's 10 rings

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Gone:
Zimmer - Vikings need an offensive mind to take advantage of their current talent.
Carroll - I think they mutually part ways. I could see him taking another job. Seattle is in full rebuild mode IMO.
Fangio - He got three years and couldn't get it done.
Nagy - has gotten worse every year.
Judge - He got two years and has gotten worse each year. What do the Giants do well? He has to go.

Jacksonville and Las Vegas are also open.

That would make 7 openings - I think that is about average each year.

Surprise firing - David Culley.
Culleys teams have played really hard for him. I think the absolute only way he gets fired is if they’re emerges a head coach who can actually bridge the divide between the team and Deshaun Watson, to keep him as their quarterback. I don’t know if anybody out there exists like that, but I think that would be the only way they make a head-coaching change.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Culleys teams have played really hard for him. I think the absolute only way he gets fired is if they’re emerges a head coach who can actually bridge the divide between the team and Deshaun Watson, to keep him as their quarterback. I don’t know if anybody out there exists like that, but I think that would be the only way they make a head-coaching change.
I think FBI director or Houston Sheriff is not interested in coaching Texans so Culley stays

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Agreed. David Culley seems like a nice man who’s simply walked into a mess. However, the Houston’s brass appears to like him and, quite honestly, four wins is more than reasonable given the dearth of talent at Culley’s disposal. However, he (Culley) has often looked lost while on the job, so I wouldn’t imagine he will survive next year if the Texans do not show clear improvement.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gruden.
Meyer.
Nagy (very likely).
Joe Judge ( very likely).
Fangio ( likely).

Carroll (possible).
Zimmer (possible).

any other surprises may be?

Kliff is not going anywhere
I’m hearing that Judge may be safe for another year. Devastated by injuries, but the players love him.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I’m hearing that Judge may be safe for another year. Devastated by injuries, but the players love him.

Could be. What if he loses to Washington after all that bluster?

Our players loved Coach Mac, Jim Hanifan, etc. That doesn't make a good coach and Judge has been overmatched completely.

Judge has finished in bottom 2 (offense rank) both years.
Defense regressed as well from 12th to 20th.

Everyone had injuries this year, so that's not an excuse IMO.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
They say Judge is safe. But we'll see.
Fangio didn't do himself any favors last night by kicking the FG.
There always seems to be a surprise firing. Trying to think who would be a candidate. Ron Rivera maybe???

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Could be. What if he loses to Washington after all that bluster?

Our players loved Coach Mac, Jim Hanifan, etc. That doesn't make a good coach and Judge has been overmatched completely.

Judge has finished in bottom 2 (offense rank) both years.
Defense regressed as well from 12th to 20th.

Everyone had injuries this year, so that's not an excuse IMO.
I just don’t see how Judge survives. The Giants are atrocious. Worse, they’re boring and irrelevant. That combination simply doesn’t cut it, especially in that media market.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
That dude has fallen fast...

You must be registered for see images attach

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads