Bijan Robinson

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought this board was smarter than this. Come on guys.

The run game is a problem that can be solved without taking a RB in the first round.

Just to be clear I agree.

But I'm trying to think like our FO and I can see this being their move.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The game is won or lost in the trenches, we'll have the whole interior of the OL to replace next season, 2-3 players at least. We also need an edge rusher & a stud DT. Some of the needs could be filled in March during the FA period.
I will go after Oline, Dline, Edge, CB, and WR (in that order assuming I have the QB) before I look at other positions like LB, TE, and RB every draft until they get settled if I am the GM.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Count me out on taking a RB in round one. Round two? Maybe, but that's a stretch as well.

I'll be looking at WR, OL, DT, and DE in no order. CB also, but I think if Vance is here, it's a bit of a waste.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It depends on if Robinson is the next Adrian Peterson. We made that mistake once when we took Levi Brown instead. The first round pick should be a sure thing if possible and not picking a guy just for need.
False equivalency. Just because Adrian Peterson worked and Levi Brown didn't, doesn't mean it was a bad move. Good process, bad result which it would be even more in the current NFL game.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Count me out on taking a RB in round one. Round two? Maybe, but that's a stretch as well.

I'll be looking at WR, OL, DT, and DE in no order. CB also, but I think if Vance is here, it's a bit of a waste.
I don't have an issue with a RB in round 2 as long are you are going to use him and address other issues in FA. Round 2 has been a sweet spot for Rbs and getting the better ones in the draft.

Now, if you are asking if we pass on an equally graded EDGE, OL, CB or DL...that could be a different story.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

I have to agree with this stance. I don't want RB to be considered at all for our 1st-round pick. Look what's happened with the Steelers and their 1st-round RB behind a bad OL.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i am always a sucker for drafting local Arizona high school players -- and Bijan is a great fit for the offense: 220 lbs, runs with power, can make people miss and can run routes and catch like a WR.

but they currently look to be drafting 10-18 and that is just wayyyyyy too high for a RB given the premium position deficiencies the team has

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I have to agree with this stance. I don't want RB to be considered at all for our 1st-round pick. Look what's happened with the Steelers and their 1st-round RB behind a bad OL.
Steelers would have been much better served taking an OL there and a back later. Najee Harris probably falls out of round one if the Steelers didn't take him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That's just Harris sucks

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i am always a sucker for drafting local Arizona high school players -- and Bijan is a great fit for the offense: 220 lbs, runs with power, can make people miss and can run routes and catch like a WR.

but they currently look to be drafting 10-18 and that is just wayyyyyy too high for a RB given the premium position deficiencies the team has

This is what people are missing. A RB can be fine in round 1 (especially mid round 1) if they are also a good receiving threat.

I'm no great fan of round 1 RB but if they are truly good at running and receiving it's a game changer. We have seen that ourselves.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is what people are missing. A RB can be fine in round 1 (especially mid round 1) if they are also a good receiving threat.

I'm no great fan of round 1 RB but if they are truly good at running and receiving it's a game changer. We have seen that ourselves.
This is the common mistake. A good running and receiving RB can be a game changer but it is consistently able to be found outside the first round.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
It depends on if Robinson is the next Adrian Peterson. We made that mistake once when we took Levi Brown instead. The first round pick should be a sure thing if possible and not picking a guy just for need.

Yeah I've watched Robinson get after the Sooner defense a few times. He's very good, but he's definitely, without question, not the next A. Peterson.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Game changing runningbacks who do it all can be found in round 3.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
this draft is deep with some intriguing edge players and corners

i love Robinson as a player, but you just can't pass on what is (likely) a top half of the draft edge or corner in the draft

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
this draft is deep with some intriguing edge players and corners

i love Robinson as a player, but you just can't pass on what is (likely) a top half of the draft edge or corner in the draft

Keim time is here to prove you wrong.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose