Bijan Robinson

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
With Murray leading the team in rushing how can Bijon Robison not be Cards 1st pick if he still on the board.
The Cards offense performs at the highest level when the running game picks up. With Robinson Cards have a top 3 to 5 offense for the next few years.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Would be fun. When was the last time we had an elite RB? Ottis?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't see it.

Hump is under contract for 2 more years after this season. Josh Jones looks set to slide into RT.

And so far from what I have seen there are no standout interior linemen. I haven't seen any hype about a guard or center with round 1 potential. Plus I want Hayes to take the LG spot and Hernandez can stay at RG.

I would like to draft a center but just don't any with round one potential. I think Jarrett Patterson is the highest rated center and he;s looking late a day 2 pick.

It's a good year for tackles but not for interior.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With Murray leading the team in rushing how can Bijon Robison not be Cards 1st pick if he still on the board.
The Cards offense performs at the highest level when the running game picks up. With Robinson Cards have a top 3 to 5 offense for the next few years.

Yes. I'm not normally a fan of drafting RB's in round 1 but our run game sucks. The FO will be panicking about the way Murray has played this year and the easiest answer for them will be Kyler needs more run support.

I can absolutely see them going RB with their first pick.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. I'm not normally a fan of drafting RB's in round 1 but our run game sucks. The FO will be panicking about the way Murray has played this year and the easiest answer for them will be Kyler needs more run support.

Thoughts on DL, Edge?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thoughts on DL, Edge?

I think it's poor for interior DL. Jalen Carter is the only stud and there is a chance he's there in the teens.

Bryan Bresee gets top 20 talk but I think he's overrated personally.

Long way to go but those might be only 2 DL that go round 1.

Edge is stacked. Tonnes of Edge guys with round 1 talk in this draft.

The 2 strongest non QB groups are OT and Edge. CB and WR is good.

LB, iDL, iOL and safety is weak.

I think they try for Bijan Robinson. Just trying to get into their mindset after a poor offensive season.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah he's a great player but 1st round RB's are getting more and more rare things. I do agree with Brit this isn't the year to need interior OL in the draft so we have to hope Lecitus pans out at C and Hayes at G next year.

I love Jalen Carter who Brit mentioned but I think he'll probably end up going higher than we pick.

There are CB's in this draft at least.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yeah he's a great player but 1st round RB's are getting more and more rare things. I do agree with Brit this isn't the year to need interior OL in the draft so we have to hope Lecitus pans out at C and Hayes at G next year.

I love Jalen Carter who Brit mentioned but I think he'll probably end up going higher than we pick.

There are CB's in this draft at least.

With Jalen Carter I think there is reticence to draft DT in the top 10.

Guys like Derrick Brown at #8 and Kinlaw at #11. Even Quinnen Williams at #3 took a few years to start paying off.

So I could see him being there in the 13-15 range.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Jalen Carter I think there is reticence to draft DT in the top 10.

Guys like Derrick Brown at #8 and Kinlaw at #11. Even Quinnen Williams at #3 took a few years to start paying off.

So I could see him being there in the 13-15 range.

He's different than Jordan Davis he projects to play more snaps although he really hasn't in college. Davis has been terrific in Philly, got hurt last week apparently high ankle sprain will miss several games will be interesting to see if Philly's defense slips, their stats against the run with him on the field are pretty impressive.

Carter is not as freakishly big and strong but he's very talented, most people felt he was the most talented DL on that team last year he was just young and not ready to play a ton. Statistically he's not done much this year 6 tackles no sacks but they lost so much talent off that DL and he had a sprained MCL so he's missed lots of time this year. I guess it's possible he slides to us that would be nice.

OP
OP
S

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
Barkley and Najee are both 1st rd picks and both are two of the better players on their teams.
1st rd back are not as common as in the past but every few years one is worthy Robinson is one of those players.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What’s good about an elite running back if the OL can’t create holes for him??

Elite running backs don't need such big holes and can create when the play breaks down.

Running backs like Eno need gaping holes.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

They might if they cut Conner, otherwise I don't see it would happen. Conner is the starter regardless given his current contract.

OP
OP
S

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
Cards offense looked pretty good vs saints one of the reasons besides D-HOP return to the field was Eno also had over 90 yards. Cards need more than one way to win getting one of the best backs to come out since Barkley will help balance the team.
Look at how the rookie backs are helping the Seahawks and Jets. Before Hall got injured with the Jets teams were going to have to game plan for him. The Cards have a better QB than Jets and Seahawks and Robinson looks to be a better RB than these two rookie runners.

Last edited: