Bigger impact in 2021: Isaiah Simmons or Zaven Collins

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are u making an example of u, I'm talking about super competitive NFL
BTW let's see what he will do later, now it's premature talking
As I said even dansby slimmed down a bit to be more effective, when I watch his tape, I see a talented lb but a liitle bit stiff in change of directions, maybe I'm wrong maybe not, nfl is different then college
But even if he claimed his right weigh is 260, without the response of the nfl field, let's see in the future, he will certainly figure out what the best for himself
Hopefully he can be an exception like Donta Hightower, cause being 260+ for an off-ball linebacker a little bit worrying. It’s not like he’s some athletic freak either. One thing to look quick against the SMUs & UCFs of the world vs NFL.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are u making an example of u, I'm talking about super competitive NFL
BTW let's see what he will do later, now it's premature talking
As I said even dansby slimmed down a bit to be more effective, when I watch his tape, I see a talented lb but a liitle bit stiff in change of directions, maybe I'm wrong maybe not, nfl is different then college
But even if he claimed his right weigh is 260, without the response of the nfl field, let's see in the future, he will certainly figure out what the best for himself

I making an example of human anatomy, something I studied. And I competed at a high level in Crossfit, so I do know a thing or two about differences in bodies. There is a science to figuring it out and what you and think about his weight is irrelevant and science will determine it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't get this statement
Washington was damn good, probably the best linebacker I saw in Cardinals jearsey
Was so quick and instinctive playing the position and was a great tackler as well
Washington was overrated.

When comparing the two, Simmons is the superior athlete. Bigger, faster, and stronger.

In their first season, both were not instinctive LBs.

Simmons was 2 years younger than Washington in his rookie year, played less snaps, and had the same snaps except for 42 solo tackles and 3 TFLs. Simmons did have more QB hits by 1.

Washington's 3rd season was his breakout but it was more about his blitzing than anything. They quickly realized he was a liability in coverage and so they blitzed him in the A gap a ton.

Simmons is already a superior coverage player and has shown a similar ability to get to the QB.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Washington was overrated.

When comparing the two, Simmons is the superior athlete. Bigger, faster, and stronger.

In their first season, both were not instinctive LBs.

Simmons was 2 years younger than Washington in his rookie year, played less snaps, and had the same snaps except for 42 solo tackles and 3 TFLs. Simmons did have more QB hits by 1.

Washington's 3rd season was his breakout but it was more about his blitzing than anything. They quickly realized he was a liability in coverage and so they blitzed him in the A gap a ton.

Simmons is already a superior coverage player and has shown a similar ability to get to the QB.
U clearly underated Washington, our defense was crazy good that time he played for us, and dansby at 33 had his best season playing next to him
He was the real nightmare for offensive coordinators

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
U clearly underated Washington, our defense was crazy good that time he played for us, and dansby at 33 had his best season playing next to him
He was the real nightmare for offensive coordinators
He was meh against the run. Bad in coverage. Good when he blitzed. Washington benefited his two best seasons by playing next to Paris Lenon who offered very little as a LB.

The one season Dansby and Washington played together, Dansby had better stats all around despite being much older.

Essentially, when Washington played next to Paris Lenon he was a pro-bowler but when he played next to Karlos Dansby (an actual quality NFL LB) he was overshadowed and exposed.

Washington was a beast when he played on bottom 16 defenses (his first three seasons) but was not a key factor the one season he was on a top 10 defense, next to Dansby and coached by Todd Bowels, a top DC. If Washington was "good" he would have played his best in the best conditions.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was meh against the run. Bad in coverage. Good when he blitzed. Washington benefited his two best seasons by playing next to Paris Lenon who offered very little as a LB.

The one season Dansby and Washington played together, Dansby had better stats all around despite being much older.

Essentially, when Washington played next to Paris Lenon he was a pro-bowler but when he played next to Karlos Dansby (an actual quality NFL LB) he was overshadowed and exposed.

Washington was a beast when he played on bottom 16 defenses (his first three seasons) but was not a key factor the one season he was on a top 10 defense, next to Dansby and coached by Todd Bowels, a top DC. If Washington was "good" he would have played his best in the best conditions.

I'm going to say off the bat that I never watched much DWash. I only really tuned into being a Cards fan in 2014. Before then I was more a generic NFL watcher and the Cards were rarely on TV here.

But I was under the impression he was good in coverage so I checked the only source I know who tracks this and PFF says he had coverage grades of 82, 87, 65 and 87.

Nothings 100% accurate but it doesn't seem he was a liability?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm going to say off the bat that I never watched much DWash. I only really tuned into being a Cards fan in 2014. Before then I was more a generic NFL watcher and the Cards were rarely on TV here.

But I was under the impression he was good in coverage so I checked the only source I know who tracks this and PFF says he had coverage grades of 82, 87, 65 and 87.

Its one of the few users here that was a Washington hater, and some of them started earlier before he hit a nfl field cause was considered undersized at 6'2 230
Still remember some of them saying"why we got this guy when there was Sean freaking Lee available".... Lol
U know how difficult is to change mind of people when they made their own idea, someone just ignore the evidence
Dwash 58 was really fun the watch, however he ruined his career when he was on his prime

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I remember differently on DWash. Dude was so fast, he made PLAYS. Loved watching the DWash/Dansby tandem.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr