Big Suns Trade?

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love would definitely fit what they are looking for in a Power forward.

I hope warren is part of the deal.

I actually think this could work well, with booker, love, and Bridges spacing the floor, Ayton should have plenty of room to operate.

Looks to me like the suns want to run the old Hakeem Rockets offense, and I think it should work.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There is tons of stuff out there: George just became a Free Agent,
Lakers need to make a move to open Cap space, Spurs are caving and looking to trade Leonard
Suns have a hole @PG and a stretch 4.

So it's most likely Suns taking Deng to land Ball, Suns trading Milwaukee pick to Lakers, Lakers acquire a first and Mills and first to help land Leonard?

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
"Maybe the Lakers will trade Lonzo Ball to the Suns in exchange for a first-round draft pick and in turn trade that to the Spurs to get Leonard."

This would be my guess. Love doesn't fit with the Suns for multiple obvious reasons.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knight, Dudley, Chandler for Hill and Love plus outgoing pick(s) from Phoenix. Just my guess if rumored trade is true.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Knight, Dudley, Chandler for Hill and Love plus outgoing pick(s) from Phoenix. Just my guess if rumored trade is true.

I don't understand why Cleveland would do that, surely they could get more for Love than expiring contracts. Swapping Hill and Knight seems like a bad move also. I know they have no use for Hill if/when Lebron leaves but their contracts are similar, each lasting 2 more years and being paid too much. Knight gets $16 million a year and Hill gets $19 million. Knight is a definite downgrade in talent though. So the Suns get the only 2 players who may have value around the league just to lower the Cav's tax bill?

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Maybe someone is joining Lebron in Clev. and they room on the roster, assets for a trade or cap space.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"Maybe the Lakers will trade Lonzo Ball to the Suns in exchange for a first-round draft pick and in turn trade that to the Spurs to get Leonard."

This would be my guess. Love doesn't fit with the Suns for multiple obvious reasons.

He actually is the perfect fit for the Suns he's a perfect stretch 4

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't understand why Cleveland would do that, surely they could get more for Love than expiring contracts. Swapping Hill and Knight seems like a bad move also. I know they have no use for Hill if/when Lebron leaves but their contracts are similar, each lasting 2 more years and being paid too much. Knight gets $16 million a year and Hill gets $19 million. Knight is a definite downgrade in talent though. So the Suns get the only 2 players who may have value around the league just to lower the Cav's tax bill?
He said picks coming from suns.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If it’s love/hill I’d consider sending Chriss and a 1st (preferably Milwaukee).

If it’s ball/deng I’m not sending much. Ball is talented but he’s an usually weird upside/downside player who comes with circus baggage and dengs contract is awful. Send a protected 1st of ours.

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
He actually is the perfect fit for the Suns he's a perfect stretch 4
With two years left on a contract that pays him well over 20 million per, while missing 20+ games over each of the last two season....on a team of 20 year olds? I like Love but he's a bad fit for our current roster and would limit our ability to sign any FA's over the next two years.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He said picks coming from suns.

Even with picks, I don't see that as an attractive deal for either side. Some mid-1st round picks from the Suns won't help Cleveland much. I feel pretty comfortable predicting we'd be a playoff team if we acquired Love and Hill. Hill, Booker, Jackson, Love, Ayton as the starting 5 with Bridges, Warren, and Bender as our main reserves. I'm not thrilled with that team but I guess it's an improvement. I just don't think the return for the Cavs makes it worthwhile for them unless they can get the Milwaukee pick and another from us. 2 first's make it a harder trade to back.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With two years left on a contract that pays him well over 20 million per, while missing 20+ games over each of the last two season....on a team of 20 year olds? I like Love but he's a bad fit for our current roster and would limit our ability to sign any FA's over the next two years.

I actually think he'd be a pretty good fit, on the court. The only reasons I'd not want him is his injury history and the fact he likely won't want to be in Phoenix.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even with picks, I don't see that as an attractive deal for either side. Some mid-1st round picks from the Suns won't help Cleveland much. I feel pretty comfortable predicting we'd be a playoff team if we acquired Love and Hill. Hill, Booker, Jackson, Love, Ayton as the starting 5 with Bridges, Warren, and Bender as our main reserves. I'm not thrilled with that team but I guess it's an improvement. I just don't think the return for the Cavs makes it worthwhile for them unless they can get the Milwaukee pick and another from us. 2 first's make it a harder trade to back.

George and Kevin each have two more seasons under contract. George and Kevin are each showing signs of decline. And George and Kevin both miss a lot of games. This gives Cleveland a chance to save some money. It also gives them the chance to go really young and use the draft the next two or three seasons to build a roster for the future. All that said, I don't really like the deal for the Suns. I was just suggesting that if we were to go after Love, it would likely include the big salaries on both sides.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suns want a PG and a stretch 4, would it be completely out of the Question to add Ball and Love, without losing anyone?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns want a PG and a stretch 4, would it be completely out of the Question to add Ball and Love, without losing anyone?

It's highly unlikely. You're asking for last year's #2 overall pick and an All-Star PF while giving up nothing. Don't count on that happening. If it were that easy the Suns wouldn't have missed the playoffs for the last 8 years.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's highly unlikely. You're asking for last year's #2 overall pick and an All-Star PF while giving up nothing. Don't count on that happening. If it were that easy the Suns wouldn't have missed the playoffs for the last 8 years.

True

Booker, Ball Bridges, Jackson and Ayton I want it

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If we are getting something from the Lakers I would try and snag Kuzma. Fits the timeline and fills one of our biggest needs as a stretch 4.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah but we're not really in the market to land a big free agent. You hope you've drafted all your talent and it's in house you have an all star caliber player in Booker two guys you have really high hopes for in Jackson and Bridges and a guy in Ayton who is considered a generational type big man.

This is the end of your rebuild stage hopefully I mean. Love bring championship experience with him and veteran leadership. Plus your not getting big free agents cause eventually you hope to have the same problem GS is going to have you need to pay all your own guys

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Unless Cavs are getting draft considerations or a young player they like, not sure moving Love to the Suns makes any sense. Id wait to see how the market shakes out after LeBron and George. Cavs are in no rush to get off any contracts either, as then enter a full rebuild.

JR is partially guaranteed for $3.87 mil next summer. Hill is guaranteed $1 mil next summer. Korver is still an asset and guaranteed $3.44 mil next summer. That leaves only Thompson and Clarkson left on the books next summer, plus their young guys.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind getting Ball, baggage and all (hey look, I'm Dr. Seuss!). He fits with young developing team, at the spot of most need. That could be a pretty strong core in two seasons - we would be the next version of the Warriors if everyone lived up to expectations.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we are getting something from the Lakers I would try and snag Kuzma. Fits the timeline and fills one of our biggest needs as a stretch 4.

Not happening, he is the primary reason the spurs would consider trading kwahi

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Not happening, he is the primary reason the spurs would consider trading kwahi
They could also be targeting Ingram. Ingram and picks to SA and Kuzma to the Suns. Just not sure what the Suns give up in the trade, maybe TJ + Chriss or Bender + picks?