BIG PROPS TO THE DEFENSE AGAINST THE 49ers

CardsRep03

Registered
Reaction score
While most people have been commenting about the woefulness of the offense--myself included--it seems as though we've forgotten the excellent job the Cardinals' defense did against the 49ers. 4 SACKS!!!! EXCLAMATION POINT! Remember how excited we were about the potential of this unit versus the Chargers? And now the Cards' D did it in a REAL game. Calais Campbell looks like quite a player and could be something really special. Hayes was just on fire busting through the middle blowing up run plays consistently. Dockett is Dockett--UNREAL every down. Remember his second year in the league some questioned if he tapped out his potential, overrated, wasted pick? Yeah, right! Dude is a monster! You know, if the refs didn't have the overactive whistle gland blowing on Bertrand Berry's fumble recovery for a touchdown, we probably win that game and I'm on here typing something about how Hightower got overshadowed by the defense and what an awesome game HE played--which he did. None the less--GREAT JOB DEFENSE!!!!!!! Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!!

seesred

Reaction score
Just one long drive by SF. D was there all day. With some exceptions for penalties. 9-O was great as was Hayes, Dansby, the corners in fact even Rolle had a decent game.

GBR

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And again, the D technically won that game for us had there not been that mixed up/blown call on the Berry TD.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Numbers speak for themselves: 200 all purpose yards, held their own even when the offense gave them crummy field position after interceptions. Would like to have seen one more turnover, but ill take what was given any day, as long as our line doesnt play like that again

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Run Defense especially was awesome!!!

Fewest yards allowed in entire NFL in week one. 21. Cool to see the Cards at the top of the list on the sidebar on NFL Network.

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
Funny how you worry about one thing and just the opposite happens. Last week I was worried about the defense after their showing the last two preseason games (ok offense was not that great either). This week I am worried about our offense. I hope both units show up.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The "D" was indeed very good, overall. On the last scoring drive by SF, on the first two downs, we pretty much stopped the Niners cold, but were killed on third down. And what, to me, was most disappointing was that the SF receiver was wide open. Why was that? Were the CB's playing too far off, missed assignments, or just the QB having too much time and the receiver would eventually come open? All of the above? But a good post in pointing out that there were plenty of defensive positives.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was pleased with the effort and running game defense. But as others have noted, when the chips were down they didn't/couldn't stop the game winning drive, so that was disappointing to say the least

Deja Vu all over again

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Numbers speak for themselves: 200 all purpose yards, held their own even when the offense gave them crummy field position after interceptions. Would like to have seen one more turnover, but ill take what was given any day, as long as our line doesnt play like that again

Our defense plays like that and we win 8 out of 10 games.

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The D played well, but you have to keep in mind that SF probably has the worst offense in the NFL. :shrug:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The D played well, but you have to keep in mind that SF probably has the worst offense in the NFL. :shrug:

Speaking of bad offenses, I can't wait for the jaguars :D

Our D played great all game, except for when we needed it most, which is troubling. I don't care if you have 12 sacks and the opponents run for -20 yards, if you can't hold a lead and get the ball back to your offense to finish the game, what good are you?

Stats are meaningless. Just win.

LittleDavis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Speaking of bad offenses, I can't wait for the jaguars :D

Our D played great all game, except for when we needed it most, which is troubling. I don't care if you have 12 sacks and the opponents run for -20 yards, if you can't hold a lead and get the ball back to your offense to finish the game, what good are you?

Stats are meaningless. Just win.

True...but the offense did not provide a rest for the D. Any D would get worn out after that many three and outs. The O had two opportunities to take the lead late but missed on both. They actually did stop SF O when we needed it most but the O laid another egg. Not sure we saw the same game.