Ben Patrick Suspended Four Games

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that Argentinian Sports Fans Network dollars?

Seems like ASFN bucks have been hit with some severe inflation lately.

I heard you bought an eWheelbarrow to carry your ASFN money in.

Are you kidding me Duck? I'm broke. I used to have 140 billion. Made several bad bets and am only in the 30's. I feel ghetto. :(

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a number of things available over-the-counter that are banned by the NFL (and other major league sports for that matter). Doesn't mean they're not or shouldn't be banned. If he needed that drug medically, he could have gotten clearance from a doctor. He didn't.

The onus is on the athlete to make sure every damned thing they put in their body is cleared. These aren't new rules and guys still get busted for it every year.

Stupid move by Patrick. Hopefully he'll appeal and get that suspension reduced to 2 games because I, like some others in this thread, think that Patrick may be our best option to start at TE.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a number of things available over-the-counter that are banned by the NFL (and other major league sports for that matter). Doesn't mean they're not or shouldn't be banned. If he needed that drug medically, he could have gotten clearance from a doctor. He didn't.

Some people do not seem to realize that, while Adderall may be readily available "on the street", it is absolutely not available over the counter, as it and other amphetamines are Schedule II drugs, like cocaine, opium, morphine, coedine, etc. Patrick did not innocently take an over-the-counter medication.

...dave

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
So much venom for nothing.

Wow, you judge to fast. I don't need your resume, I don't think your trying to fool anyone. Why try so hard on a message. For your own knowledge, My live in girlfriend is chemical dependency counselor with her own Masters in Chemical Dependency going on her doctorate. She says that while they are pharmacologically similar because they can treat the same things and have similar usage, it doesn't mean their chemical make-up is the same, one is a methylphenidate and one is a amphetamine. How can they be the same thing when their compounds are different. She told me a bunch of letters and numbers some C's, H's, and N's and then she lost me.

And I have no idea what she just told but I am going to go with her and her colleagues that prescribe the stuff on a daily basis.

Maybe I nitpicked, never said they don't have similar usage only that they have different formula's. I mean if they were the same exact all the way down to the chemical formula why see which one works better then the other in your studies, whats the point in that?
I haven't posted in a while but I had to post here just to say I agree with you on this one. The make-up of the drugs are different and your previous post was right on.

Furthermore, Adderall is a Schedule II drug under the Controlled Substance Act which means anyone caught with Adderall without a scrip, could be arrested and prosecuted. This drug might be downplayed by the younger crowd but it is a drug that can only be obtained through a physician. Whether people think it is a harmless drug, it is a schedule II drug and it is a controlled substance. I think that is all anyone really needs to know. If you can be prosecuted for it under the law, a 4 game suspension is really a slap on the hand if you ask me.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
We all know what really happened. Pope started taking the stuff so he would quit false starting. Patrick stole his stash,thus giving him a leg up on the starting job. Now Patrick ruined the both of them. He's suspended for 4 games and i'm sure we'll see,at least, 5 false starts from Pope in the first 4 games.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by "pharmacologically" but they are not the same drug. Chemically, they are in different classes. Maybe you picked the wrong med school? :smiliefan:

Adderall = C9 H13 N

Adderall image : http://http://www.3dchem.com/moremolecules.asp?ID=400&othername=Adderall#

Ritalin = C14 H19 NO2

Ritalin image:

You must be registered for see images

BTW, if interested, you should look at how similar ritalin is in structure to cocaine.

Still no difference

Both act the same on the central nervous system because they are only slightly different in chemical formula, i.e. they have the same pharmacocrenetics. According to the Epocrates, the gold standard for pharmacology, both increase the amount of nora epinephrine and dopamene, which then stimulate the limbic system and the prefrontal lobe to increase a multitude of activities most commonly concentration and focus.

The ONLY reason there are two names is because two different pharmaceutical companies created the same drug. Otherwise, they wouldn't be prescribed for the same thing.

Obviously in the literal sense they are not the same, but do an analysis of other drugs, such as Depakote and Depakene and they are the same. I apologize, but I haven't quite learned how to "dumb down" my knowledge of amphetamines.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I haven't posted in a while but I had to post here just to say I agree with you on this one. The make-up of the drugs are different and your previous post was right on.

Furthermore, Adderall is a Schedule II drug under the Controlled Substance Act which means anyone caught with Adderall without a scrip, could be arrested and prosecuted. This drug might be downplayed by the younger crowd but it is a drug that can only be obtained through a physician. Whether people think it is a harmless drug, it is a schedule II drug and it is a controlled substance. I think that is all anyone really needs to know. If you can be prosecuted for it under the law, a 4 game suspension is really a slap on the hand if you ask me.

Since Adderall and ritalin are the same, they are both a Schedule II drug.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still no difference

Both act the same on the central nervous system because they are only slightly different in chemical formula, i.e. they have the same pharmacocrenetics. According to the Epocrates, the gold standard for pharmacology, both increase the amount of nora epinephrine and dopamene, which then stimulate the limbic system and the prefrontal lobe to increase a multitude of activities most commonly concentration and focus.

Don't worry, you've "dumbed down" plenty.

Cocaine and methamphetamine also increase norepinephrine and dopamine levels and stimulate the limbic system, the prefrontal lobe and produce increased concentration and focus. According to your definition, they are exactly the same as Ritalin and Adderall.

Ridiculous.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
what was this thread about???? Sorry, i've lost focus. :p

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Some people do not seem to realize that, while Adderall may be readily available "on the street", it is absolutely not available over the counter, as it and other amphetamines are Schedule II drugs, like cocaine, opium, morphine, coedine, etc. Patrick did not innocently take an over-the-counter medication.

...dave

you'll not disparage ben patrick if you know what's good for you! i know where you live!!!

when's the next pool party/bbq?

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you'll not disparage ben patrick if you know what's good for you! i know where you live!!!

when's the next pool party/bbq?

Heh! When the June Gloom is gone for good... you'll be on the list. Feel free to invite your buddy Ben and his "party supplies". :)

...dave

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard