Belkin WINS!!!: Judge grants Belkin's Injunction

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Mainstreet said:
By the way, what's with all your comments being placed in bold. Are they supposed to be more important written that way?

No just easier for me to read, I look at a computer too much each day.

Nobody complains about the poster who writes in purple, AZZenny.

Tell me which one you prefer.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
coloradosun said:

Nobody complains about the poster who writes in purple.

I would, bold is easier to read than purple. :)

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
fordronken said:
I'm not a fan of either. In fact, I tend not to read them. It's a little overwhelming for me.

You must be easily overwhelmed.

nothin' but net

All Star
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Let's clear something up...

Billy Knight is the GM of the Hawks...

Billy King is the GM of the 76ers...

Billy Jean King was a female tennis player

Billie Jean is not my lover, she's just a girl... she said I am the one, but

The Kid is not my son.

Billy the Kid was an old west gunslinger...:doofus:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
where is cheese....?

i told you, self-imposed hiatus. he won't be able to resist coming back once football season starts.

AZZenny

Reaction score
It's Indigo, not purple. Why have fonts and colors if nobody uses them?

Nobody here reads what I say anyhow, so what's it matter? I'm just a baseball fan who strays over in interesting times and goes to Suns games in the off-season.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
coloradosun said:

Nobody complains about the poster who writes in purple, AZZenny.

Tell me which one you prefer.

Do you really spend a lot of time reading your own posts after they are up on the messageboard?

Joe Mama

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
nothin' but net said:
Chaplin said:
Let's clear something up...

Billy Knight is the GM of the Hawks...

Billy King is the GM of the 76ers...

Billy Jean King was a female tennis player

Billie Jean is not my lover, she's just a girl... she said I am the one, but

The Kid is not my son.

Billy the Kid was an old west gunslinger

Jason Kidd was run out of Phoenix!

I added a line... :p

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
Do you really spend a lot of time reading your own posts after they are up on the messageboard?

Joe Mama
Joe, could you bold your messages, because it would make it easier for me to read. :p

cly2tw

Reaction score
AZZenny said:

Of course, when a time-limited contract is involved, I'd assume the other side would have tried to prove THEY will suffer irreparable harm if the injunction is granted, and maybe that's part of what he was saying - they did not sufficiently prove that losing this S & T would disastrously harm the long-term value of the franchise; that JJ was not a once-in-a-lifetime player. Wonder how he would have ruled if it were a LeBron or Amare-type player.

I bet JJ takes it personally, though!

Actually, the most irreparable loss is in reputation which is any firm's most important asset. If this transaction failed due to Belkin's vetoing, the franchise is no longer in position to negotiate in good faith anymore. In fact, Belkin can't sign anybody without the majority's consent anyway, so given the dispute, this franchise can not really function anymore until it's resolved.

cly2tw

Reaction score
coloradosun said:
I doubt Stern will remove Belkin, that would set a precedence that may prevent other people into investing in NBA franchises. The league already went through the approval process of this ownership group, there is no way that they step into this matter.

Unless they take over operations of the club like MLB did with the Montreal Expos, now the Washington Nationals. Not fully versed on baseball and not familar with the details behind that manuever. I don't see that ever happening in the NBA though, there are too many ex players or rap stars that want to own teams.

Stern may be reluctant to interfere as he said to them a year ago to resolve their differences theirselves. However, now, this internal fighting within Hawks is harming to the whole NBA in general and the Suns franchise and possibly Joe in particular, it's not just Hawks choosing to be bad anymore. Stern should punish them for damages caused outside of Hawks' franchise. I propose to take away at least 2 1st-round picks, giving one of them to the Suns as compensation, and to prohibit them extending a contract offer to Joe in this offseason. :D

Lars the Red

aka Thor, God of Thunder
Reaction score
Mainstreet said:
I'm sorry but I cannot understand a Judge saying to a team it is making a bad economic decision based on circumstances that only General Managers and few others understand.

Now imagine, what if JJ turned into the next Magic Johnson and filled the arena every night. Would this have been a bad economic decision for the Hawks? I think not.

I think the Judge should have stuck with the issue before him... the right of majority ownership to remove a team Governor. I agree the Judge should have stuck to the ownership issue... not the economic issue.
I'd like to see JJ be a part of another S&T deal, go to another team, become one of the great ball players of the era, and have the Atlanta ownership group come back and sue the judge into the poor house for making a judgement for which he had no expertise thereby causing irreparable harm to the Atlanta franchise. Hey, I can dream can't I?

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
If we get screwed by a deal... :mad:

How could we even be in talks with them still, the only other players they can Trade are Josh Smith and Josh Childress (no way they Trade Harrington) and one I would rather have Diaw than Childress and I doubt the Clippers errrr Hawks want to Trade Josh Smith.

This is only going to get the Suns a worse deal :(

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:

Joe Mama

Unlike some reporters, I proof read my posts for accuracy.

And also, I hope the bold is easier to read for others and for my benefit I wish others would post in bold.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
coloradosun said:

And also, I hope the bold is easier to read for others and for my benefit I wish others would post in bold.

Why don't you just get some glasses.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
devilalum said:
Why don't you just get some glasses.
I find that hard to read. Can you use a yellow font, and a font size of one to make it more legible??? :shrug: :D

Djaughe

Reaction score
I prefer the itallicized version...

sunsfn

Reaction score
coloradosun said:

coloradosun,
your posting in bold is a real pain in the A... to read. I do not want you to quit posting but I am thinking that if you do not change it soon there will be some of us putting you on ignore.
I am not trying to upset you, just trying to let you know how I feel and obviously others feel the same. sunsfn

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Does that mean you'd like us to catch any errors you may have missed? :D

Regarding the bold, I confess I do find it a bit jarring. But if everyone put their posts in bold, we'd all get used to it. Coloradosun, can you just change your system font size through Windows? Or just leave it the way it is; we should all be able to cope.

By the way, speaking of annoying posting habits, I had forgotten how long it takes to load large pictures when using a dial-up connection. I'm back on DSL now, but the experience is probably burned in my memory for a while. People with excessive avatars or signatures might want to scale them down.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
elindholm said:
People with excessive avatars or signatures might want to scale them down.

If that's excessive maybe its time for you to discard your Flintstones computer and upgrade.