Bears Trade #1 Pick to Panthers

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What I fear is that the Seahawks will become enamored with Anderson and just jump the Cardinals.

We have to hope that the Texans are really enamored with a QB. I know when you need one it's easy to fall in love with lesser guys, but if the Texans are smart, they will understand that Young is a very meh prospect at QB. I see him as a short Bridgewater.
Interesting scenario.

Although I think that Seattle will be content to let Carter drop to them.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Would Gannon prefer a larger defensive end for his 4-3 defense? That would mean Tyree Wilson or Myles Murphy rather than Will Anderson.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Would Gannon prefer a larger defensive end for his 4-3 defense? That would mean Tyree Wilson or Myles Murphy rather than Will Anderson.
if they go Tyree Wilson over Anderson, it confirms they are playing a 4-3

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What I fear is that the Seahawks will become enamored with Anderson and just jump the Cardinals.

We have to hope that the Texans are really enamored with a QB. I know when you need one it's easy to fall in love with lesser guys, but if the Texans are smart, they will understand that Young is a very meh prospect at QB. I see him as a short Bridgewater.

As @QuebecCard says I think Carter saves us here.

Seahawks have two 2nd round picks for an Edge guy. Why give away picks to move up 3 spots for Anderson when they probably think they can stay at 5 and get Carter?

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
They'd trade up a spot if they think another team (Raiders?) will move to #3 and take a QB.
I don't see that happening at all especially if the top 2 QBs are off the board, if they were to move up they'd probably move up to pick #2?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are in a great spot for a trade.

No.trade? Draft Anderson. No brainer.

If MO effs this up.... Oh no.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
No way the Texans will move away from the #2 QB. If they are interested in a QB they will target the #3 pick.
I just don't see anyone giving us a Kings ransom to move up one spot especially if they know we're likely going defense - and I hope folks don't try and blame Monti when it doesn't happen

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
QBs going 1-2 is perfect for us.

Take Anderson. Build the defense around a premiere young pass rusher and build the O-line in round 2 and 3.
We are trading 3 it is all but certain. Only way it doesn’t happen is if teams lose interest in a 3rd qb

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I think Dr Jones actually posted about this. I also know this sounds insane but I’m hearing there are front office people in Carolina who think Richardson is the next Cam Newton+ (if you think that makes him special). For the Cards sake I hope that’s true. It would clinch a trade with Indy.