Bears release CB Kyle Fuller- Signs with Broncos

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Albert Breer:
Bears' release of Kyle Fuller now official, per the transaction wire. They held on to him for an extra couple days to try and trade him—tough with $14 million due on his contract

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The #Broncos have agreed to terms with two-time Pro Bowl CB Kyle Fuller on a one-year, $9.5 million deal, including $9M fully guaranteed, per source. They swooped in quickly after the #Bears released Fuller, who now reunites with Vic Fangio in Denver.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was fast. Didn't think the NFL would allow negotiations with Fuller while still under contract with the Bears.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was always going to be the Broncos if there was no long term deal around.

Wants to work with Fangio again where he did his best work

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
When our defense absolutely stinks, Vance will be the scapegoat, even though Keim has completely neglected and whiffed on the CB position for years and years.

In EVERY game day thread last season there were numerous "FIRE VANCE" posts. EVERY week. I probably made a few myself. It will be no difference this upcoming season. Along with "FIRE KINGSBURY", "FIRE KEIM", etc., etc.

It's what we do :)

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Starting to think Keim wants to go hella young at CB.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Wonder if Keim saw what his buddy Licht did without big time corners and thinks he can replicate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wonder if Keim saw what his buddy Licht did without big time corners and thinks he can replicate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually wondering about this too

Jamel Dean
Carlton Davis
Sean Murphy-Bunting

All of these dudes are 24 or younger. Even their Safeties are too.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Thinking it’s been working out fine.
Murphy is not very good. He's okay.

No year like the year you have two picks of any meaning to start a youth movement at CB, while broadcasting your needs to teams with the assets to move ahead of you.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Murphy is not very good. He's okay.

No year like the year you have two picks of any meaning to start a youth movement at CB, while broadcasting your needs to teams with the assets to move ahead of you.
Eh, I think he’s decent.

Outside of Adoree, I really don’t want anyone else on the market.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Eh, I think he’s decent.

Outside of Adoree, I really don’t want anyone else on the market.
I don't even really want Adoree. I'm just disgusted. I just can already envision Keim saying he totally wanted the 4th or 5th CB on the board at #16 and that was the target all along, after we've been traded in front of 2-3 times.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't even really want Adoree. I'm just disgusted. I just can already envision Keim saying he totally wanted the 4th or 5th CB on the board at #16 and that was the target all along, after we've been traded in front of 2-3 times.
4th or 5th CB taken doesn’t mean he’ll be the 4th or 5th best CB from the class.......

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
4th or 5th CB taken doesn’t mean he’ll be the 4th or 5th best CB from the class.......
If you get lucky. When you have to take the 4th or 5th guy out of desperation and not because that's the player you wanted, you may as well just be closing your eyes and drafting whoever you point at on ESPN.