BB Mock v.1.0

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Understand it as well as most observers.

But, if I'm ever confused, I'll check with you.

Well, it seems you forgot he was also part of the heroic 11 that won us the Lions game, as well as many others, last season. It seems you forgot that the entire D came apart only when it became clear that the offense was so inept that even a heroic defense couldn't save the season. It seems like you're simply taking the company line, that because the team chose not to try to retain him, you're coming up with excuses as to why he wasn't good enough.

Or you simply don't understand. I figured misunderstanding was better than saying you're biased on the subject. How you could point the finger at Dumpster Dan and lay the blame on him is beyond me.

Dan Williams is a top NT, and without him, our defense will suffer. I will certainly argue with anyone who doesn't believe that.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, it seems you forgot he was also part of the heroic 11 that won us the Lions game, as well as many others, last season. It seems you forgot that the entire D came apart only when it became clear that the offense was so inept that even a heroic defense couldn't save the season. It seems like you're simply taking the company line, that because the team chose not to try to retain him, you're coming up with excuses as to why he wasn't good enough.

Or you simply don't understand. I figured misunderstanding was better than saying you're biased on the subject. How you could point the finger at Dumpster Dan and lay the blame on him is beyond me.

Dan Williams is a top NT, and without him, our defense will suffer. I will certainly argue with anyone who doesn't believe that.

I liked Dumpster Dan, but no way believe he's worth the $$$ Oakland dished out. As to whether our run "D" will actually suffer, you'll be arguing with yourself given that we can't possibly know at this point.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I liked Dumpster Dan, but no way believe he's worth the $$$ Oakland dished out. As to whether our run "D" will actually suffer, you'll be arguing with yourself given that we can't possibly know at this point.

It was reported we had a chance to sign him before he het the open market for a very reasonable contract. I don't give the FO a pass for declining to do so. Of course he got silly money from the Raiders once he did hit the open market.

One thing I know--he was part of the solution, and wasn't a problem, in the run D. That part of his game was never in question.

OP
OP
WildBB

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
???

So Dumpster would wait around in the hope that the Cards didn't land AP?

(Doubt that Oakland would go along with this plan.)

What I'm referring to, is that whatever deal DW got, they should have told him they'd match. So sign him right away.

That would take us out of the AP sweepstakes, but Dallas didn't let the prospect of getting him hinder any of their other FA plans.

Now we have all this extra CAP space, for WHAT? Minnesota is still in the drivers seat.

And we still need to address the NT position, imo.

Luckily the draft has a good stock pile to pick from this year.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
The Lions would scoop up Brown at 23 anyway. If Dupree is there at 24 he

would be the pick. If not we trade down for Diggy..Harold or Preston Smith.

Thats my plan anyway.:D

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What I'm referring to, is that whatever deal DW got, they should have told him they'd match. So sign him right away.

That would take us out of the AP sweepstakes, but Dallas didn't let the prospect of getting him hinder any of their other FA plans.

Now we have all this extra CAP space, for WHAT? Minnesota is still in the drivers seat.

And we still need to address the NT position, imo.

Luckily the draft has a good stock pile to pick from this year.

Dallas' other FA plans has made it virtually impossible for them to acquire AP.

The FOR WHAT? will be answered, no doubt.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, it seems you forgot he was also part of the heroic 11 that won us the Lions game, as well as many others, last season. It seems you forgot that the entire D came apart only when it became clear that the offense was so inept that even a heroic defense couldn't save the season.

This.