Bayless best Wildcat....in the NBA?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bayless probably wouldn't make it to the Hawks pick. James Harden might however...

Don't think old Sarver hasn't deeply considered the marketing impact drafting one of these two kids would have even if they do have more pressing needs.

Do you think Harden leaves after this year? I would think Pendergraph might. I guess money talks.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Probably not, he'll probably put out feelers though from scouts and get an idea of what he needs to work on and then declare next year. If Pendergrpah is graduating as Russ says he is, then there's a good chance he leaves. I'm not sure what could keep Bayless around but I hope Lute pulls out all the stops, Chase and his handlers aren't dumb enough to declare for the NBDL, and Jordan needs another year.

I do think that the only other backcourt freshman in the country that belongs in the same conversation as Harden and Bayless is Eric Gordon (Rose and Mayo are wildly overrated) so if Bayless and Gordon go pro this year as most anticipate then Harden might be the best returning backcourt player in the country and a near lock to go NBA.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
From the UA ties and the type of endorsement I hear coming from KO, I would bet you that wherever that Hawks pick falls (I am still in the optimistic camp that they will bottom out after the break and it will be 8 -10) the Suns will make him a promise. I think the intangibles rather then the actual need is why the Suns might be enamored with him. Just sounds like a Steve Kerr guy right....?

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/wildcats/225103

UA bottoming out and not making the tournament might have one silver lining. It could be enough to keep Bayless back from leaving due to his competitive nature or it could cause him to fall further then he realy should with other freshman having the tourney as their showcase. That would be right in that 8-10 range.

Nash heir apparent anyone?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I just don't buy that Jennings is a hell of a scorer in his own right there's nothing that says 2 guards who can play PG and score like a SG can't co-exist.

true that. see allen iverson/victor page backcourt.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw Jennings play this past December at McKale and the kid and stroke it. He can score from anywhere. I don't know how many times he just stopped on a dime a drilled the shot. He also can take it to the hole with ease. He is very quick and he will definitely contribute a lot on the defensive end. He might have a chip on his shoulder but he backs it up.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The refs were atrocious today. If Lute was coaching no way does Stanford get those calls. That was such a clean block and Chase and Walters never touched Lopez.

This has been a tough year so far. Losing Lute and not having a healthy team on the floor for the past six weeks is something this program has not been through in a long time.

I do give the guys props for not quitting and playing hard. Need to beat Washington on Thursday.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
The refs were atrocious today. If Lute was coaching no way does Stanford get those calls. That was such a clean block and Chase and Walters never touched Lopez.

This has been a tough year so far. Losing Lute and not having a healthy team on the floor for the past six weeks is something this program has not been through in a long time.

I do give the guys props for not quitting and playing hard. Need to beat Washington on Thursday.

:barf: on that block call.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn