Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Batman Begins Trailer with Ocean's Twelve
Source: Superhero Hype!
November 16, 2004

Superhero Hype! has learned that a new trailer for Warner Bros. Pictures' Batman Begins, directed by Christopher Nolan and starring Christian Bale, will hit theaters with the studio's sequel "Ocean's Twelve" on December 10.

You can probably expect the trailer to come online earlier that week and it will most likely air on entertainment programs as well.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A crash but no tickets for Bale's Batmobile in Chicago

November 19, 2004
BY CINDY PEARLMAN

Midnight in Chicago on a hot summer night. Batman is cruising Lower Wacker Drive and KAPOW! Some joker -- a motorist not involved in the filming -- swerves into the movie set and sideswipes the Batmobile! Holy fender bender!

"In the middle of the night, a regular civilian guy crashed into the Batmobile. He panicked and later told the cops that he saw us and thought aliens were landing or something. That's how shocked he was to see the Batmobile. His foot just hit the accelerator," says actor Christian Bale, the man who is the new Caped Crusader in "Batman Begins," due out in 2005.

Of the Bat-bashing incident, he muses, "I wonder what this guy will tell his insurance agent. It will go down as one of the classic claims of all time."

Other Bale Bat-nuggets:

* He enjoyed his time in town filming "Batman Begins" last summer, but he didn't appreciate the chafing. "I spent about three weeks in Chicago last July doing night shoots. It's a great city, but the humidity was tough under the Batsuit. Uh, it got a little bad. It's hot enough in the Batsuit, let alone in the Chicago heat."

* He gives Chicago the Mr. Clean seal of approval. "We shot on Lower Wacker, downtown and on rooftops. What shocked me the most is Chicago is such a clean city. I haven't seen a cleaner one except for Australia," he marvels.

* The Chicago cops won't stop you if you're speeding in the Batmobile. "I never got to drive the Batmobile down Michigan Avenue. They were concerned about the proximity of people. I did drive in more remote locations around the city and I went fast. No ticket, but I never got to drive the Batmobile to these places. It was quicker to load it onto a truck than have the Batmobile go screaming through town."

* He got the coveted role of the Caped Crusader by asking for it. "I contacted them. I heard they were doing some low-budget Batman not aimed at kids and I was tantalized," Bale says. "I had appreciated the Batman movies, but I wasn't really a fan and I didn't know the TV series. But I read some of the graphic novels and they were very dark and very interesting." Bale was almost disappointed to find out this Batman film wasn't some low-budget number. "I said, 'It's big-budget, OK, then it won't happen the way I want it to happen. Forget it.' " He changed his mind when he found out that Christopher Nolan ("Memento," "Insomnia") was directing. "We clicked and hopefully we've made something very different."

* His Batman kicks butt. "I've never felt like the Batman character in the films was given as much time as any of the villains. The villains were always the most interesting characters, too. Batman has always been this very bizarre, almost blind character running through the middle of the story," Bale says. "Our film is different." Ask him about his Batman and he laughs. "Talk about an American psycho. The guy is running around in a cape."

* He will give up a few more on-set secrets. "Our Batman is centered on the early days. It's an explanation. It's certainly not Batman No. 5," he promises. "It's a reinvention. We want you to forget there has ever been a Batman before this one."

Yeah, but is there even a Robin? "Well, I think I should keep some things up my sleeve."

Last edited:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
What shocked me the most is Chicago is such a clean city. I haven't seen a cleaner one except for Australia," he marvels.
Someone should tell Bale that Australia is a country, not a city.

;)

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Someone should tell Bale that Australia is a country, not a city.

;)

I almost commented on that. I was laughing when I read that.

I also liked "a regular civilian guy."

:biglaugh:

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Is Oldham a good guy or a villian?
I hope he is a bad guy, he plays such a good bad guy.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teaser poster...

Attachments

• bmanbegins.jpg
    bmanbegins.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 104

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They should make a spin off of this movie about Batman's Mechanic... Who works on the batmobile? Where does he get the parts?

I can see it now, "Lou Diamond Phillips is: 'Batman's Mechanic:Heavy Metal'

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to add to this...this poster has got to be one of the best ever...I just love it!

You must be registered for see images

Mike

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
I just wanted to add to this...this poster has got to be one of the best ever...I just love it!

Mike

oooooooohhhhh.......that is a cool poster. Me wantey!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:

Mike

I haven't seen a poster like that since...well...THIS... :D

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the link to the Frenchie posters!! I have had my doubts about the new Batman, but now I am stoked.

The last couple of Batman's have depressed me with their ineptitude. I have new hope for the new Batman. Right on!!!

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the sequel going to be titled: Batman Began ?

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Season Finales:

Smallville (May 18, WB): Clark (Tom Welling) goes to a cave to talk to his biological super dad--blah, blah, blah... Here's the highlight of this 90-minute episode: Eight minutes of footage from the upcoming Batman Begins.