Batgirl (Joss Whedon)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Jessica Jones was pretty mediocre also, IMO.
I agree with that as well, but consensus is that it was a good series--none of the tv series comes close to Daredevil, IMO. Both seasons.

I will say one thing about Jessica Jones--in a universe of terrible villains, they hit a home run with David Tennant. That redeems it somewhat.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say one thing about Jessica Jones--in a universe of terrible villains, they hit a home run with David Tennant. That redeems it somewhat.

This. He has been my favorite.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Agree, and even with the movies, I've just had enough Marvel. For all the critical praise they get there is ZERO drama in any of those films. Just way too cute for my taste. You know for a bunch of people fighting SUPER VILLAINS all the time, they sure have a solid track record of never losing and never suffering any casualties. lol Nobody important ever dies and anyone who you believe has died just comes back.

I like DC heroes so much better than Marvel. IMO Captain America is the lamest, most overrated superhero IMO along with being a huge hypocrite. I care not for Spidey either.
you are absolutely insane.
Captain America is likely the greatest hero of all time...he is that which all other heros aspire to be... Cap is an icon and an ideal...

and spidey?? come on man....spidey is just plain ol bad ass

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Captain America is likely the greatest hero of all time...he is that which all other heros aspire to be... Cap is an icon and an ideal...

Regardless of how they are portrayed now, I think you'd get a good argument for Batman and/or Superman as the greatest hero of all time.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

yawn,,,,

I got bored just reading you trying to defend the Capt. :p He is the worst.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Your face is the worst!

Love the Cap!
Hahah dang it, I got nothing to come back from that

I was really just trolling Chris Sanders cuz I know he is a big Cap fan too, but he didn't take the bait. Gonna have to step it up.

Bateman Vs Superman was soooooo much better than Civil War!!! [emoji85][emoji86][emoji87]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hahah dang it, I got nothing to come back from that

I was really just trolling Chris Sanders cuz I know he is a big Cap fan too, but he didn't take the bait. Gonna have to step it up.

Bateman Vs Superman was soooooo much better than Civil War!!! [emoji85][emoji86][emoji87]

I don't know about that. I just didn't think the match-up between Jason and Superman was realistic.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't know about that. I just didn't think the match-up between Jason and Superman was realistic.

Hahahha! Not even gonna change it, thanks autocorrect!

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think someone needs to explain to Jason that a Prius isn't going to strike fear into the criminals in Gotham.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's done with Marvel. When Feige interfered over Age of Ultron, resulting in the mess we saw, Joss was all out. Feige wanted to cut the whole farmhouse sequence--an idiot tinkering where he should NOT be tinkering.

It wasn't Feige that interfered it was Ike Perlmutter who has been removed from the Marvel film side of things. Feige butted heads with Ike a lot also.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It wasn't Feige that interfered it was Ike Perlmutter who has been removed from the Marvel film side of things. Feige butted heads with Ike a lot also.

Yeah, looking back through articles, it just says 'Marvel executives' and, after checking Ike Perlmutter, it seems like him and a Marvel creative team in New York were behind it. Feige threatened to leave Marvel over it, and it nearly broke Whedon. They still have total control over Marvel TV, which makes sense, because Shield went to crap years ago, and Agent Carter, which at the time was by far superior to Shield, got cut.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… they’re just straight killing this? Why not at least just dump it on MAX? It must be awful.
Awful in epic proportions. To kill it mid postproduction after spending all that money? Sounded Catwoman bad or worse. However, 90 MILLION DOLLARS in and no release even on home video? Wow, there is some serious mismanagement going on at Warner Bros. I guess that's why allegedly Discovery is cleaning house over there.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awful in epic proportions. To kill it mid postproduction after spending all that money? Sounded Catwoman bad or worse. However, 90 MILLION DOLLARS in and no release even on home video? Wow, there is some serious mismanagement going on at Warner Bros. I guess that's why allegedly Discovery is cleaning house over there.
It's a major cluster over at DC Films.

DC Films’ Walter Hamada Was on the Brink of Exit After ‘Batgirl’ Cancellation​

Amid the shelving of the HBO Max film Batgirl and the clear desire of Warner Bros. Discovery chief David Zaslav to find new leadership for the DC universe, DC Films president Walter Hamada has come to the verge of exiting the studio and consulted with counsel, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Hamada has now agreed to remain in his post at least until the Oct. 21 release of the Dwayne Johnson film Black Adam, according to sources with knowledge of the situation. “He’s pausing,” says a source. “The decision has not been made to make this adversarial, yet.” Hamada could not be reached for comment.

The tension comes as Zaslav has vowed to do what he has called a “reset” with respect to DC, with a 10-year plan he hopes will allow the brand to compete with Disney-owned Marvel Studios, which has built the biggest film franchise in history. “We think we can build a much stronger, sustainable growth business out of DC,” Zaslav said during Thursday’s earnings call. “As part of that, we are going to focus on quality. We are not going to release any film before it’s ready … DC is something we can make better.”

An insider says Warner Bros. Pictures Group co-chairpersons and CEOs Michael De Luca and Pam Abdy, who are overseeing DC until Zaslav settles on new leadership, informed Hamada at a recent Black Adam test screening that Batgirl, a $90 million film that was in post-production, would be shelved. The explanation was that given Zaslav’s strategy, the picture wasn’t strong enough to release theatrically and was too expensive for a streaming release. The company, under pressure to cut costs, elected to take a writedown on the project.

A source with knowledge of the situation says Hamada was upset at not being consulted and concerned about the impact on those involved in making the film. On Aug. 2, before talent and their representatives had been informed of the decision, the New York Post broke the news that the film had been shelved. The Post reported that the film had low test scores and said a source described it as “irredeemable.”

In May, Warner Bros. Discovery canceled another DC movie headed to the streamer, Wonder Twins, just after KJ Apa and Isabel May were cast as the leads.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a major cluster over at DC Films.

DC Films’ Walter Hamada Was on the Brink of Exit After ‘Batgirl’ Cancellation​

Amid the shelving of the HBO Max film Batgirl and the clear desire of Warner Bros. Discovery chief David Zaslav to find new leadership for the DC universe, DC Films president Walter Hamada has come to the verge of exiting the studio and consulted with counsel, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Hamada has now agreed to remain in his post at least until the Oct. 21 release of the Dwayne Johnson film Black Adam, according to sources with knowledge of the situation. “He’s pausing,” says a source. “The decision has not been made to make this adversarial, yet.” Hamada could not be reached for comment.

The tension comes as Zaslav has vowed to do what he has called a “reset” with respect to DC, with a 10-year plan he hopes will allow the brand to compete with Disney-owned Marvel Studios, which has built the biggest film franchise in history. “We think we can build a much stronger, sustainable growth business out of DC,” Zaslav said during Thursday’s earnings call. “As part of that, we are going to focus on quality. We are not going to release any film before it’s ready … DC is something we can make better.”

An insider says Warner Bros. Pictures Group co-chairpersons and CEOs Michael De Luca and Pam Abdy, who are overseeing DC until Zaslav settles on new leadership, informed Hamada at a recent Black Adam test screening that Batgirl, a $90 million film that was in post-production, would be shelved. The explanation was that given Zaslav’s strategy, the picture wasn’t strong enough to release theatrically and was too expensive for a streaming release. The company, under pressure to cut costs, elected to take a writedown on the project.

A source with knowledge of the situation says Hamada was upset at not being consulted and concerned about the impact on those involved in making the film. On Aug. 2, before talent and their representatives had been informed of the decision, the New York Post broke the news that the film had been shelved. The Post reported that the film had low test scores and said a source described it as “irredeemable.”

In May, Warner Bros. Discovery canceled another DC movie headed to the streamer, Wonder Twins, just after KJ Apa and Isabel May were cast as the leads.
I was just going to post this. Here we go again. David Zaslav is going to try and reset DC. Which is a good thing IMO. The problem with the approach the last time, is it was duck taped together and they tried to pull everything together after the fact. It was an unmitigated mess unlike Marvel's methodical plan. I am hoping this time it's as methodical because DC fans deserve way better than what we were delivered. The only downside? This genre might be losing a little steam. If that is the case, this new 10-year plan may never come to a complete fruition.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson