Barbie

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
I went and saw this with my wife and daughter. First time I’ve been in a packed theatre in like 4 years. I actually enjoyed it. Thought it was pretty damn funny.

I went to see Barbie last night as well, thought it was really fun.

I saw it at a theatre at the Navy base where I'm staying in Japan. Before the screening everyone stood for the National Anthem! First time I've been to a theatre since Covid.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This movie is crushing at the box office with very little help from China.
Yeah it is. The movie theater parking lot was packed at 3pm on a Monday in New Castle, Pennsylvania. Like, Friday evening packed. Oppeheimer had maybe 20 people. I wonder where the rest of the people were?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me just say this movie isn't likely what you think and it's definitely NOT a kid movie. This is more for the teens who outgrew Barbie and parents with daughters who grew up playing with them. The movie was hilarious and had some truly touching moments. My wife and daughter dragged me to this. I have to say, it might be the most surprising movie I have seen in a long time in terms of what my expectations were and what I thought after. Barbenheimer is huge!

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
This movie is crushing at the box office with very little help from China.

The outrage from right wing pundits about Barbie being "woke" and pushing a non-existent China agenda appears to be falling flat. When you are outraged about everything the continually claiming the sky is falling over trivial things the message gets tiresome. Gay M&M's, Mr. Potato Head, Disney, Barbie, etc., etc...... lol.

What will be next? I'll take a guess that it will be woke peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
The outrage from right wing pundits about Barbie being "woke" and pushing a non-existent China agenda appears to be falling flat. When you are outraged about everything the continually claiming the sky is falling over trivial things the message gets tiresome. Gay M&M's, Mr. Potato Head, Disney, Barbie, etc., etc...... lol.

What will be next? I'll take a guess that it will be woke peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
That is weird since a funny thing came out about which states will be watching Barbie or Oppenheimer first. It basically read like the electoral college all the red states favored Barbie while the blue was sided toward Oppenheimer.

Attachments

• IMG_3981.jpeg
    IMG_3981.jpeg
    219.7 KB · Views: 8

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is weird since a funny thing came out about which states will be watching Barbie or Oppenheimer first. It basically read like the electoral college all the red states favored Barbie while the blue was sided toward Oppenheimer.
Saw that and got a chuckle.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
There are some definite role issues here with the men but I wouldn't go to the "woke" spectrum with it. And that map was funny, thanks for sharing.

The men do play a very subservient role here that undermines masculinity and traditional gender stereotypes. Especially when the men go back to barbie land, get some agency, and then go back to being puss bags the minute the women show back up. Regardless.... I see much worse in other movies like Little Mermaid where the entire love story is discarded for what is obviously the writers wishes for agency and empowerment. And now Snow White where they clearly are trying to subvert the source text for the writers vision of where they want the world to be. This ain't nearly that bad.

Plus..... It's original and it's written better. This isn't Lady Bird by any means, but it might be the best version of what Barbie can be on the big screen.

I had a fun time.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Is that what that map shows? I saw it the other night but it was labeled as just Barbie and not Oppenheimer. The info on was saying it was showing that Barbie was more popular in the blue states and less popular in red. So I'm curious now what the data set that was used. Or is even real data or did some one make it as a meme/joke.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Is that what that map shows? I saw it the other night but it was labeled as just Barbie and not Oppenheimer. The info on was saying it was showing that Barbie was more popular in the blue states and less popular in red. So I'm curious now what the data set that was used. Or is even real data or did some one make it as a meme/joke.
Who knows these days hard to trust anything. It has to be the blue for Oppenheimer because it makes sense it’s so big there in NM.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seeing it sat with gf bit so so on barbie movie but ill give review on it :)

May see it wearin a tank top lol jkin

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard