AZ 6 SEA 6 OT Thoughts

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many people were actually ripping Palmer's play last night as much as commenting that he's just not the MVP we saw last season. The Seahawks brought plenty of heat last season as well up in Seattle but Palmer made massively big throws in that game... and most of last season, even when under pressure.

I just think he's just not that guy he was last season. It was one for the books. I'd love to see it again, but I don't think it's in the cards.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seattle had 5 first downs and 130 yards in regulation. Tell me that and nothing else about the game and I would confidently bet we won the game by double digits.

Yet we manage to NOT win with an old time cardinals style
Collection of baffling mistakes and coaching blunders. Ariana had a terrible night, the special teams were worse than that.

I figure we have to go 7 and 2 to make the playoffs maybe 6 and 3 with other teams getting bad breaks.

Worst part is, the best part of the schedule is in our rear view mirror.

Don't be surprised if we lay an egg in Carolina this week.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree Mitch,

The way Hawks were dominated by Cards, anything short of a loss was complete victory for the Hags.
It was like a win for them since they were on the road. We gained no ground on them. They were happy and should be because theu should have lost that game.

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Meh - a very hard fought game and we didn't capitalize as we should have.
Very evenly matched teams. At least we played very physically and didn't bend over like we have in the past.
Progress although not a win.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great write up Mitch and I was very impressed with how tough the O and especially the D played.

Why I now have to repair my plaster wall in my living room is because I have seen far too many Cardinals games where we snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Seriously, a blocked punt and FG and a missed FG.

My hope is that the team realizes that they won in the trenches and gave out more punishment than they received and take a pi$$ed off attitude to Carolina and beat the ever loving crap out of them. This Seahawks fiasco could just turn out to be a blessing.

Can BA get this team's collective stinking mind right.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To me, the biggest takeaways were:

- Cards Outplay Hags.

- Refs Job Cards

- If You Don't Fix a Weakness, It Will Fix You.

- Football's "100-Year Storm": An OT Tie.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson