AYTON TRADED!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like dirty players, even if they're on the Suns. Didn't like Ainge, didn't really like Raja Bell.

But ... Allen is a legitimate rotation guy. He shoots the three well enough to be a threat and plays both ends of the court. I don't have a clear memory of how dirty he is, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

I don't see anything in Little or Johnson, and Camara was a longshot. The trade is Ayton for Nurkic and Allen.
Yup.

Discounting Allen as a solid rotation piece makes no sense to me. We know have 5 legit playmakers and another great three point shooter.

He’s actually the piece I’m happiest about with the trade. I expect Nurkic to be on and off injured all year. A

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Also, moving forward I think we can at least say when Gambo comes out and says something is brewing, it’s likely going down.

Also, Flex is an idiot and proven wrong again.
Gambo not shooting something down and hinting is very serious these days - his contacts appear intact post Sarver.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I don't like dirty players, even if they're on the Suns. Didn't like Ainge, didn't really like Raja Bell.

But ... Allen is a legitimate rotation guy. He shoots the three well enough to be a threat and plays both ends of the court. I don't have a clear memory of how dirty he is, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

I don't see anything in Little or Johnson, and Camara was a longshot. The trade is Ayton for Nurkic and Allen.
He's dirty - Pat Bev dirty.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone remember the Armen Gilliam for Kurt Rambis trade? I kinda feel like that.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well that's too bad. Beverly always sticks in my mind as very dirty, and Allen doesn't, but maybe I just haven't seen as much of him. Hopefully he'll tone it down a little.
He was immature and did dirty stuff out of frustration. Allen is not so much calculated dirty like Pat Bev. Grayson does not control his temper. Haven't seen much about his problems recently, although I have not been following really either.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it's a horrible trade, but this is clearly a "there is more behind the scenes" situation. I am not sure I care that much anymore.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Well that's too bad. Beverly always sticks in my mind as very dirty, and Allen doesn't, but maybe I just haven't seen as much of him. Hopefully he'll tone it down a little.
Allen has been suspended twice, once in college and once in the pros, for intentionally trying to hurt players. He makes Raja Bell look like a poodle.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup.

Discounting Allen as a solid rotation piece makes no sense to me. We know have 5 legit playmakers and another great three point shooter.

He’s actually the piece I’m happiest about with the trade. I expect Nurkic to be on and off injured all year. A
I will admit his stats are better than I thought, but I still don't understand how we are getting playing time for all these guards.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Also, moving forward I think we can at least say when Gambo comes out and says something is brewing, it’s likely going down.

Also, Flex is an idiot and proven wrong again.
What I miss? Thought he said it was always DA for Nurkic and filler this whole time.

Waysouth

Veteran
Reaction score
I am indifferent about this trade but think about this...the Suns are now one injury away from being mediocre with both Durant and Beal having injury history, not to mention Booker's hamstrings.

Assume Durant goes down, Booker, Beal and Ayton would look a lot better than Booker, Beal and Nurkic.

Just saying....

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I miss? Thought he said it was always DA for Nurkic and filler this whole time.

Yeah, he said the Suns would trade Ayton to Portland if Lillard got traded.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am indifferent about this trade but think about this...the Suns are now one injury away from being mediocre with both Durant and Beal having injury history, not to mention Booker's hamstrings.

Assume Durant goes down, Booker, Beal and Ayton would look a lot better than Booker, Beal and Nurkic.

Just saying....
That's not really new.

We are going nowhere this year if the 3 stars aren't healthy in the playoffs.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
DA is disgustingly horrible. He literally is useless. See ya Ayton. I'll take anybody for him. Don't sleep on Allen...that boy will be getting wide open looks all night long

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Bro..... This guy was tissue soft on the court and told the world that last year was going to be his revenge tour.

Not only did he get worse but he continued to be such a negative on the court that Jock Landale became a more important player in the playoffs.

I'm good with it.
Ayton got everything he wanted from the Suns organization being the #1 pick with the top contract take in, a starting job, the max contract deal and an opportunity to showcase his talents but he was too immature and selfish and failed to see the big picture and be a team oriented player and he cheated us and himself for not playing & reaching his potential. We wanted so to embrace him but he pulled back and make it impossible to be accomplish that goal.

If only Ayton had more vision and realized what he could have done with Book and the Suns. He folded two years running in the playoffs after that great 2 games from being a NBA champion against Milwaukee.
He didn't want to be here & the feeling got to be mutual. He cheated the Suns and they were tired of his actions of not being consistent on the court with the same burning desire as Book & Durant. We had to move on from him but I wish the return was better but the Suns will survive as we have players who are on board Ayton wasn't or didn't appear to be. Maybe the Suns still can pull another better trade or just gel together as is going forward. We'll moved on for the better. New season, new coach, new owner, new players and hope for the Suns to still focus on the Chip. Ayton is just history now and not our worry. He not our problem any more. He probably do well in Portland but we'll do better in Phoenix. Go Suns!!!!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a reason the Suns did not get more for Deandre Ayton in trade. Other teams saw the same issues as the Suns did.

Ayton is going to a younger Portland team where the players can grow together. Maybe he will fill more like a leader there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard