AYTON TRADED!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
True, that clip doesn't define his career. However, the playoffs this past year had multiple examples of this kind of play. Unfortunately this isn't an exception to the rule.
I dont disagree that he disappointed. I’ve said countless times that he reacted to his disdain for Monty in the worst way. That said, I felt his career was more than salvageable and that with the right coach, he will be fine

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
No offense but I think this is an absurd statement. A late second round guy who had mixed reviews in summer league. I was curious about him, but I think considering him a better prospect than a nassir little or a productive nurkic is just silliness.
None taken - you must have missed the point where I said "moving forward".

Nurkic has already proven he can't stay healthy and is turning 30. Where is the upside? Playing less than 50 games a year is worthless.

Speaking of playing less than 50 games, Little has the same problem - he's always hurt! On top of that, he hasn't been very good when he has been healthy.

You may think I'm overrating Kamara but it's more an indictment of what we're bringing in than outsized praise for Kamara.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont disagree that he disappointed. I’ve said countless times that he reacted to his disdain for Monty in the worst way. That said, I felt his career was more than salvageable and that with the right coach, he will be fine
I will go further - I think he is going to avg 22-25 PPG and 10-12 boards with Portland this year, and quite possibly make the all star team.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That's fair. And where I was at. I was looking forward to see how he would have fit in Vogel's system, but there was a real danger that we would still see the same problems. And if he really lost Book and KD, then this was a no-brainer. We had to get rid of him.

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And as much contempt I have for DA quitting, that is a reasonable question as well, what could have Vogel done??

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
KOC saying the Suns going with “innings eaters” at center which is a better description than my term of “punting” on the position. Jokic humiliated both Ayton/Jock in the playoffs and DA just isn’t getting the touches it takes to keep him interested.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TJ

Reaction score
And as much contempt I have for DA quitting, that is a reasonable question as well, what could have Vogel done??
Same thing Sean Miller did. Providing him tough love while being supportive during trying times (see the Mark Schlabach fiasco). Monty made it personal with Ayton, which we now know is common practice for Monty in his coaching career.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn't think makes Milwaukee appreciably better? The game is played on both end of the court. holiday is a solid offensive player and a versatile stud on defense . Lillard is great on offense, but defense?

I'm going to be nervous about where holiday ends up

TJ

Reaction score
I will go further - I think he is going to avg 22-25 PPG and 10-12 boards with Portland this year, and quite possibly make the all star team.
I’d put a little money on 22/11 and a spot on on the all-star team.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I don’t really like the trade, but I do understand this… to win a title, you’ve got to have 100% buy in from every player, especially your biggest pieces. Ayton could and would never provide that
Ayton was one of the main reasons we were two wins away from a title. He certainly wasn't the reason we lost the series vs. the Bucks.

At the time, he DID provide championship level play - the past couple of seasons have been undoubtedly disappointing but to say he could never provide that? Too far.

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn't think makes Milwaukee appreciably better? The game is played on both end of the court. holiday is a solid offensive player and a versatile stud on defense . Lillard is great on offense, but defense?

Lakers...

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Indeed - Jrue going to another contender is frightening.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d put a little money on 22/11 and a spot on on the all-star team.
Well, I know better than to bet on Ayton performing at the level he should - but with that team as the second option that is how he should perform.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I like Jrue Holiday a lot, especially defensively. You are not alone having questions if it improved the Bucks.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Yeah, let’s lump one man’s career into a 10 second clip. You’re not thinking with your head if you think this is addition by subtraction.
Bro..... This guy was tissue soft on the court and told the world that last year was going to be his revenge tour.

Not only did he get worse but he continued to be such a negative on the court that Jock Landale became a more important player in the playoffs.

I'm good with it.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thank god...

How bad was this dude hated in the org for this to all pan out?! Lol.

Either way, I'm ecstatic. Turn the page. Get nurk in here to stop jokic...or hopefully do so. :)

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bro..... This guy was tissue soft on the court and told the world that last year was going to be his revenge tour.

Not only did he get worse but he continued to be such a negative on the court that Jock Landale became a more important player in the playoffs.

I'm good with it.
TJ wouldn't give a lick if he wasn't from u of ehh. No worries.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
So glad the Ayton nightmare is over. Softest center I've ever seen. Afraid to make contact with the rim. Bring on Nurkic and lets hoop.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KOC saying the Suns going with “innings eaters” at center which is a better description than my term of “punting” on the position. Jokic humiliated both Ayton/Jock in the playoffs and DA just isn’t getting the touches it takes to keep him interested.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Just confirming all, or some to many, of our fears. Glad they cut the cord before it was too late.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tell that to Devin Booker and KD who probably decided Ayton’s ultimate fate.
This. The players, especially stars, know a tad more than we do...whether it works out in the end or not doesn't matter. These guys didn't trust or believe in him. Nothing more to be said imo.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton was one of the main reasons we were two wins away from a title.

You’re living in a past… where this team got EVERY break in the playoffs against teams missing their second superstar. The last two postseasons, he literally quit on the team twice.

He certainly wasn't the reason we lost the series vs. the Bucks.

He completely disappeared after we went 2-0 so he was definitely one of the reasons we lost.

At the time, he DID provide championship level play - the past couple of seasons have been undoubtedly disappointing but to say he could never provide that? Too far.

Nah. You either have a dog in you or you don’t. Your fourth best player who’s making MAX money can’t be a floater if you’re serious about winning the title. Just my opinion.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I don't like dirty players, even if they're on the Suns. Didn't like Ainge, didn't really like Raja Bell.

But ... Allen is a legitimate rotation guy. He shoots the three well enough to be a threat and plays both ends of the court. I don't have a clear memory of how dirty he is, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

I don't see anything in Little or Johnson, and Camara was a longshot. The trade is Ayton for Nurkic and Allen.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard