Ayton or Doncic

• Ayton

• Doncic

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's largely assumed that the choice for the number one pick will be between Ayton and Doncic.

Who do you want?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Have to go with Ayton. PHX has never had a franchise type big man, now they can. Only way I wouldn’t is if Ayton suffers some catastrophic injury between now and draft.

Question, is there a reason why Ayton always wears a large knee wrap on his right knee only? Does he have a history with his right knee?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I choose Ayton.

Since he has an outside shot this solidified the pick for me. Centers have to have a versatile game in the modern NBA. Also I think he is the safer pick.

Now the Suns need a starting PG.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I think Doncic is an amazing player. I will not be surprised if he turns out to be the better player, but I have to go with Ayton. That kid looks like a beast, and the Suns desperately need a quality big man. If they had Anthony Davis on the roster, and no JJ, Booker, or Warren, I'd probably say go with Doncic, but the way their roster looks, they have to go with Ayton.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doncic will be a good player I just don't think he fits on this team. I do not believe he is fast enough tot play PG at this level which means he would have to play one of the other positions we have players at.

Ayton seems to be a legit big that doesn't come around that often and fills a major need.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
fans can rightly debate which is, or will be the better player.
but even if the suns prefer Doncic, there is no way they risk passing on Ayton

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Doncic is an amazing player. I will not be surprised if he turns out to be the better player, but I have to go with Ayton. That kid looks like a beast, and the Suns desperately need a quality big man. If they had Anthony Davis on the roster, and no JJ, Booker, or Warren, I'd probably say go with Doncic, but the way their roster looks, they have to go with Ayton.

This is a very impressive draft class at the top but there isn't a can't miss superstar, IMO. But there's at least 8 prospects in this draft that wouldn't surprise me if they became "transcendent". And most of them are bust proof, health notwithstanding. So, yes, I could easily see Doncic outperforming Ayton. But I'd still take Ayton first too.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a very impressive draft class at the top but there isn't a can't miss superstar, IMO. But there's at least 8 prospects in this draft that wouldn't surprise me if they became "transcendent". And most of them are bust proof, health notwithstanding. So, yes, I could easily see Doncic outperforming Ayton. But I'd still take Ayton first too.

It might just be that the upper part of the draft class is so talented that there might be multiple stars that emerge when we look back verses there not being a can't miss. Only time will tell.

What comes to mind is other drafts like 2003, 1998, 1996, 1995, 1984 to name a few. Those classes were much like these in that there were really talented players at the top and NBA front offices were all over the map on who they thought was the sure fire hit in those classes.

Let's hope this class is something similar to those.

rocker

Reaction score
No, that was me, stupid European:D

One think is true and I'm gonna stick my hand into the wasps' nest;) There's a hype around Ayton and McDonough has diarrhea due to pressure.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I support Doncic up the wazoo but man how do we pass on Ayton? If we did that and were wrong I might have to go postal or something.

I don't wanna do that! Please!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are a number of players that could end up being the best out of
It might just be that the upper part of the draft class is so talented that there might be multiple stars that emerge when we look back verses there not being a can't miss. Only time will tell.

What comes to mind is other drafts like 2003, 1998, 1996, 1995, 1984 to name a few. Those classes were much like these in that there were really talented players at the top and NBA front offices were all over the map on who they thought was the sure fire hit in those classes.

Let's hope this class is something similar to those.
Take the 1984 draft. Michael Jordan was drafted third. But the Rockets did not make a mistake by drafting Hakeem first.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a number of players that could end up being the best out of

Take the 1984 draft. Michael Jordan was drafted third. But the Rockets did not make a mistake by drafting Hakeem first.

Yep, exactly my point. That's why I hope this draft is looked back on very similar.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
McDonough gets a million votes in the poll.

If he even leans toward Doncic, someone needs to kidnap him, tie him up inside a garbage bag and drop it from the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. :)

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
The suns having been waiting 50 years to get a true dominant big man. Ayton is the choice and it shouldnt even be a debate

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson