Austin Vanderford reveals wife Paige VanZant could join Bellator after bare-knuckle boxing...

ASFN Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bellator middleweight Austin Vanderford is convinced his wife and former UFC star Paige VanZant will return to mixed martial arts in the future - he hopes with the Bellator fight league - but for now VanZant has shocked the fight world by signing for Bare Knuckle FC after her contract with the UFC expiring. The 26-year-old opted for the drastic change in direction despite offers to stay in mixed martial arts. Vanderford, who met VanZant in the gym, where they fell in love, backs her surprise career pivot, despite harbouring hopes she will still switch allegiances to Bellator down the line. “My wife did sign with Bare Knuckle,” he said. "Of course I would be a liar if I said I didn’t want her to be here and join me in Bellator. But that decision took a lot of soul-searching for her. “She felt at this point in her career she needed to make some changes to continue to compete with the top girls. What she’s going to do now will extend the longevity of her career. I know that sounds ironic since she’s going to fight in bare knuckle. But she’s only 26 and this gives her the opportunity to work on some things. Really work on her striking.” VanZant has famously revealed she pocketed more from a stint on American TV show ‘Dancing with the Stars’ than she did in her entire career in the UFC.

Continue reading...