Atlanta Falcons @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 11/5/23-11/11/23

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
IMO, The goal should be to win football games. Period.
I get it…”it’s also a business”.
But starting a struggling rookie in front of a healthy 5 yr decorated vet to prove a point or to purposely tank is a risky move and if winning football games isn’t your #1 priority then you’ll lose the locker room quickly.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a reality where you hold Kyler back to get his mind right for a few more weeks as a quiet benching to show the locker room that no one is above the team. It also helps secure the top 3 pick we can use to trade down.

I don't think it matters much whether Kyler comes back and plays against Atlanta, Houston, or Los Angeles.
This

After those comments from JG I can see this happening

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
If Monti knew Kyler was returning around mid season why didn't Monti use that time to build an offensive line? That's the $200 million dollar question

If our protection continues to perform at this level we don't have to worry about Murray messing up our draft pick - we have to worry about Murray surviving the season

Which would lead me to guess we're not shopping Murray - because nobody wants a small recently twice injured QB who eats a lot of cap space

We have a 3rd stringer playing LG
and a very below average project Center

If Hump and Hernandez are hurt or banged up we're ******

Josh Dobbs had it good compared to what Kyler's gonna see - and that's if they even start him this week - we might wanna throw Tune to the wolves again - for obvious reasons

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Weird take. For one game? Especially weird as you've heavily criticised Dobbs play in recent weeks (as many have).

Who did he screw? Zach Pascal, Dennis Daley and Ingram?

Even more weird is that it was "for nothing" but when we traded for him it was too much. Considering there is only about 20 or so spots between the picks.
Yep. I remember the incessantly negative takes from a number of posters about how a fifth was too much. Dobbs played OK considering everything. Tune played around what I thought he would play. And the other takes that Blough could do what Dobbs did were hilarious too.

The Cardinals have been competitive at times from solid coaching and scheming, pretty much smoke and mirrors. All is not lost though, there are some players getting some experience.

netsnjkidd

Veteran
Reaction score
The way I read that wasn't negative, more like a point that JG realizes and shared, and two pieces that KK didn't deliver to KM...imo
Yea im confused how this is negative. Seems like JG learned with all his interaction with Kyler he hasnt had coaches be direct and tough on him. Him sharing this to me shows Kyler wants this type coaching. Not fanclub stuff Kliff was doing

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I'm extremely excited for Arthur Smith to get fired. It's going to be amazing.

Yea im confused how this is negative. Seems like JG learned with all his interaction with Kyler he hasnt had coaches be direct and tough on him. Him sharing this to me shows Kyler wants this type coaching. Not fanclub stuff Kliff was doing
It was just a weird non sequitur to drop into a halftime interview when Kyler wasn't even active.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He hasn’t shown the reps of understanding the full offense at game speed.
He’s not relating to his coaches effectively.
He’s not showing acceptable progress in film study.
He’s not mastered the footwork to drop and climb the pocket.
He’s not distributing the ball within the offense in practice.
He’s audibling out of plays inappropriately in practice.
Wouldn’t all that fall in the “really don’t want him as their quarterback” category?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's a very sad way to build a Franchise ! ! !... Tell that to the teams that drafted Ryan Leaf, Johnny ( Football ) Manzel, ect..., ect... ect... With a brand new GM and coaching staff. It would be much better to have the 11th to 15th pick, at least it shows you're heading in the right direction rather than having your fans throw away their hard earned money to attend games and belive that somehow you're going to draft 1 player ( I repeat... ( 1 ) player... No matter what position ) at number 1 that's going to slove everything and cure all ills. Like I stated previously, have seen this movie before.
Johnny Manziel? Weird take.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. I remember the incessantly negative takes from a number of posters about how a fifth was too much. Dobbs played OK considering everything. Tune played around what I thought he would play. And the other takes that Blough could do what Dobbs did were hilarious too.

The Cardinals have been competitive at times from solid coaching and scheming, pretty much smoke and mirrors. All is not lost though, there are some players getting some experience.
Be careful K…you’re going to get accused of being to logical.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
1-7 being considered okay and a good job all things considered is so Arizona - dude had decent pass protection - a legit run game - the play action that came with it and wide open wide receivers he couldn't get the ball to