Atlanta Falcons @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 11/5/23-11/11/23

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Monti knew Kyler was returning around mid season why didn't Monti use that time to build an offensive line? That's the $200 million dollar question

If our protection continues to perform at this level we don't have to worry about Murray messing up our draft pick - we have to worry about Murray surviving the season

Which would lead me to guess we're not shopping Murray - because nobody wants a small recently twice injured QB who eats a lot of cap space

We have a 3rd stringer playing LG
and a very below average project Center

If Hump and Hernandez are hurt or banged up we're ******

Josh Dobbs had it good compared to what Kyler's gonna see - and that's if they even start him this week - we might wanna throw Tune to the wolves again - for obvious reasons
If Hump and Hernandez come back we are fine, the OL has been above average the rest of the season. I've watched a few Browns game's this year and they've done this to every line that they've faced. Adding Zadarius Smith in the offseason was like Thanos finding the last infinity stone, their defense is straight up unfair. The OL will bounce back next week.

"The Browns have allowed 1,878 total yards this season, which is the best in franchise history through nine weeks. The Browns also give up a league-best 234.8 yards per game. They are first in passing defense – holding opposing quarterbacks to a 55.4 completion percentage – and sixth in rushing defense – holding rushers to 3.7 yards per carry."

A few weeks ago the Browns gave the 49ers their first loss holding Purdy to 129 yards on a sub 50 completion % and McCaffery to 55 yards. The Brown's losses have come from extreme incompetence on offense. If Watson wasn't one of the worst (and most injured) QBs in the league right now the Browns would sleep walk to a Superbowl victory.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
If Hump and Hernandez come back we are fine, the OL has been above average the rest of the season. I've watched a few Browns game's this year and they've done this to every line that they've faced. Adding Zadarius Smith in the offseason was like Thanos finding the last infinity stone, their defense is straight up unfair. The OL will bounce back next week.

"The Browns have allowed 1,878 total yards this season, which is the best in franchise history through nine weeks. The Browns also give up a league-best 234.8 yards per game. They are first in passing defense – holding opposing quarterbacks to a 55.4 completion percentage – and sixth in rushing defense – holding rushers to 3.7 yards per carry."

A few weeks ago the Browns gave the 49ers their first loss holding Purdy to 129 yards on a sub 50 completion % and McCaffery to 55 yards. The Brown's losses have come from extreme incompetence on offense. If Watson wasn't one of the worst (and most injured) QBs in the league right now the Browns would sleep walk to a Superbowl victory.
I get what you're saying about Cleveland and I watched it too but like your very first sentence says "if Hump and Hernandez come back we're fine"

When the season started we had back ups as starters - and our back ups to our back up starters were even worse - but everybody said everything was fine

Thing is most lineman get banged every year - so most GMs make sure to aquire adequate back ups - which we did not

Now the two obvious and predictable timelines are merging - Kyler Murray's return and the O-line suffering injuries

Intentional or not - this is setting Kyler Murray up to fail - it's almost like they threw Tune in there just to make sure the O-line sucked enough before Kyler's return

So it's a good thing we already know what Kyler Murray can do because he's probably not gonna be able to do it this year - only thing we're going to see is 8 episodes of Survivor

I haven't seen our offensive line play that badly in a long time - tight ends included - browns are good but they don't have 4 probowlers upfront with other probowlers rotating in

7 sacks on 41 QB pressures? I think Tune only threw the ball 20 times lol

All I'm saying is Monti knew Kyler was coming back - he knew when too - and Monti is 100% responsible for what Kyler comes back to - did he do it on purpose?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I feel like I've been watching the Cardinals play football, like Hickory played basketball when Hale 1st took over...had to make 4 passes before shooting and lost a bunch of frustrating games...Then Jimmy decides to play and that opens up the offense and.................

Really looking forward to some hopefully competent, of not outstanding, quarterback play.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I get what you're saying about Cleveland and I watched it too but like your very first sentence says "if Hump and Hernandez come back we're fine"

When the season started we had back ups as starters - and our back ups to our back up starters were even worse - but everybody said everything was fine

Thing is most lineman get banged every year - so most GMs make sure to aquire adequate back ups - which we did not

Now the two obvious and predictable timelines are merging - Kyler Murray's return and the O-line suffering injuries

Intentional or not - this is setting Kyler Murray up to fail - it's almost like they threw Tune in there just to make sure the O-line sucked enough before Kyler's return

So it's a good thing we already know what Kyler Murray can do because he's probably not gonna be able to do it this year - only thing we're going to see is 8 episodes of Survivor

I haven't seen our offensive line play that badly in a long time - tight ends included - browns are good but they don't have 4 probowlers upfront with other probowlers rotating in

7 sacks on 41 QB pressures? I think Tune only threw the ball 20 times lol

All I'm saying is Monti knew Kyler was coming back - he knew when too - and Monti is 100% responsible for what Kyler comes back to - did he do it on purpose?
I think Monti saved Kyler from an embarrassing debut. The coaches knew what they were up against so they didn’t have an issue with waiting for the falcons at home. Seems like simple logic to me:)

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
Totally understand your post...and don't disagree with it. Just wanted to add that Warner and Palmer both made the Pro Bowl with the Cardinals.

@RON_IN_OC
Thank you for correcting me. I definitely appreciate it. IMHO for this Kyler kid to be even mentioned in the same class as a Neil Lomax, Kurt Warner and Carson Palmer as the ONLY Arizona Cardinals or ( Phoenix Cardinals ) QB's to even make the pro bowl since the Cardinals relocated here would at least make some think that the kid deserves the benefit of the doubt.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh, interesting. Never even made as a cardinal as an injury replacement? Woulda thought maybe after playoff season.
Actually he was only voted as 2nd alternate after the 2005 season, and even then he didn't participate because of a minor abdominal muscle strain.

Carson Palmer was voted as one of the Pro Bowl starters, but had his catastrophic knee injury in the playoffs vs. the Steelers. Drew Brees (with San Diego then) was 1st alternate but he had his shoulder injury. When Plummer also bowed out, McNair stepped in.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There will be a pop to this team if nothing else simply by K1 being on the field and in uniform. That alone is worth my undivided attention Sunday. Nothing much to save per se, but he is definitely the savior we all need right now in this dumpster fire of a season.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kinda early to hit a rookie wall
I am happy he gets to experience some adversity this year. I expect this to continue up to the bye week and then see a bit of return to early season form after the bye week.

His PFF grade as the 6th rated OL in round one out of 6 is what it is. I don't really agree with PFF grades so I take it with a grain of salt. That said, I stated he had a lower ceiling than some of the other 1st round OTs in this draft, and I feel like we are seeing some of that.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda early to hit a rookie wall
I honestly think it's more about who is next to him and not him. He's had 3 below average to terrible guys rotating through. Hopefully Hernandez is back so the legend Carter O'Donnell can move over to that side!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Arthur Blank is very stupid.

Bijan Robinson rushed the ball 11 times in a close game.
Tyler Allgeier ran the ball 12 times.

Taylor Heinicke passed the ball 38 times.

They tied or held the lead until the beginning of the 4th quarter.

Jonnu Smith had six targets. Kyle Pitts had five.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That's an ideal scenario from the perspective of trading down with the Giants for a nice bounty and still taking Harrison Jr. The Giants could drive a hard bargain knowing that the Cardinals wouldn't really want to trade down below the third pick, but I'd still expect at least a 2025 #1 and more.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arthur Blank is very stupid.

Bijan Robinson rushed the ball 11 times in a close game.
Tyler Allgeier ran the ball 12 times.

Taylor Heinicke passed the ball 38 times.

They tied or held the lead until the beginning of the 4th quarter.

Jonnu Smith had six targets. Kyle Pitts had five.
You mean Arthur Smith? Or Blank for still having Smith as his HC? :lol:

Yeah I thought Smith had the reputation of one of the most run-oriented head coaches in the league. I'd expect him to go back to those ways this week.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz