ASU vs. SDSU

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
14-10, wayyy too close for my liking. Why is Torain not playing? I missed the first 10 min.

Edit: 17-10 now...Brent Miller's not playing either? What's up?

Last edited:

HooverDam

Reaction score
ASU looked freaking pathetic tonight. Their defensive line is going to have to improve if they want to do anything in Pac 10 play. SDSU seemed to really dominate time of possession for most of the game. ASUs secondary is also worrisome. Luckily the schedule sort of slowly ramps up in difficulty, and I do expect ASU to beat Oregon St next week, but if they want to be even competitive with Cal, USC, et cetera, they are going to need to improve big time.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Was it just me.. or were the announcers tonight the ABSOLUTE worst you have ever heard....

Seriously there was 8 different times where the play by play guy was wrong about the play that had just happend... including the first score when he prounouced Williams (I think) out at the 3, and proceeded to talk about 1st and goal, and the red zone offense, before realizing he had actually gotten in.....

It was horrible and for the first time EVER, I muted my TV.... I don't know if these are the regulars, but they were AWFUL!....

BTW.. good game overall I thought...

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
I've been pretty happy with the defense, but they do have the tendency to give up big gains from time to time. I like Vasquez, Marquardt and the linebackers have been good. There is some talent in the secondary but they need to do better. It's the penalties that have really hurt this team so far. About 200 yards lost in the last two games. Blech!

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
Was it just me.. or were the announcers tonight the ABSOLUTE worst you have ever heard....

Seriously there was 8 different times where the play by play guy was wrong about the play that had just happend... including the first score when he prounouced Williams (I think) out at the 3, and proceeded to talk about 1st and goal, and the red zone offense, before realizing he had actually gotten in.....

It was horrible and for the first time EVER, I muted my TV.... I don't know if these are the regulars, but they were AWFUL!....

BTW.. good game overall I thought...

That's what you get with late night FSN games. It's a good thing that this team is close to being ranked again. Maybe they'll get some decent announcers soon.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
I sat in Section 12 row 42 seat 16. Keegan ran the ball well scoring 2 tds. Really good view of the student section. I also saw some students doing pull ups when ASU scored the first td.

Next up is Oregon State and Jake Plummer will be going into the ASU Hall of Fame.

Last edited:

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
ASU looked freaking pathetic tonight. Their defensive line is going to have to improve if they want to do anything in Pac 10 play. SDSU seemed to really dominate time of possession for most of the game. ASUs secondary is also worrisome. Luckily the schedule sort of slowly ramps up in difficulty, and I do expect ASU to beat Oregon St next week, but if they want to be even competitive with Cal, USC, et cetera, they are going to need to improve big time.

Pathetic is pretty strong. I thought they looked okay they would have scored 45-50 points if the oline didn't kill three drives and they did score 20 unawnsered at one point, so I would say overall they get a C+.

Also Oregon State is nothing to bank on, I don't care what Cinn did to them, that was then and I think to count on an ASU win in the bank would be foolish, OSU has a good defense and fast players on offense, I think could easily roll ASU if they aren't ready to play.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
Although he's certainly not a polished analyst yet, I enjoyed Juan Roques analysis of the game. The announcers didn't sound great to me by any means, but Juan provided some very good insight from a former players perspective.

The Devils didn't look bad, but they didn't look great either. I agree with the C+ grade.

Furthermore, how good are Kyle Williams and Chris McGaha going to be? We're set at WR for a while!

HooverDam

Reaction score
Pathetic is pretty strong.

True, I guess I was expecting SDSU to be the weakest of the OOC games, so I was hoping for a bigger margin of victory.

Although he's certainly not a polished analyst yet, I enjoyed Juan Roques analysis of the game. The announcers didn't sound great to me by any means, but Juan provided some very good insight from a former players perspective.

Roque was one of my favorite ASU players, but he was terrible. He stumbled over his partner, and said nothing but cliche's. What insights did he have? It was cliche after cliche, I turned off the TV sound and turned on the radio, but they weren't in sync, so I went back to the TV eventually.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
Roque was one of my favorite ASU players, but he was terrible. He stumbled over his partner, and said nothing but cliche's. What insights did he have? It was cliche after cliche, I turned off the TV sound and turned on the radio, but they weren't in sync, so I went back to the TV eventually.

Like I said, Roque isn't polished. He did provide insight though, he talked about how ASU has the pieces to be a very good team, but the parts are not adding up to whole(sure it's a cliche, but it's 100% true), like his team did during his senior year. More than anything, he kept talking about the game from a player's perspective, who has been there before at all levels, instead of an anylast who's polished, but hasn't played the game since junior high...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard