ASU uniform Choices first 3 games.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
So ASU is going to wear black and have a "black out" promotion against a team whose primary color is black?
Maybe they're trying to confuse the Missouri QB into thinking he is throwing the ball to his teammate. Probably hoping for a lot of picks in this game.

OP
OP
sundevilscott

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
Clearly their number 1 choice of shirt is also Gold so what do you people want?

You must be registered for see images attach

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe people want us to be generic and wear the same colors as 80% of other teams, or maybe have a generic nickname. red and blue and Wildcats, been done over and over. Perhaps sage was a better color?

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Clearly their number 1 choice of shirt is also Gold so what do you people want?

You must be registered for see images attach

For ASU to resist the need to go all-black (either as their primary or alternate) like 80% of other schools have.

Maybe people want us to be generic and wear the same colors as 80% of other teams, or maybe have a generic nickname. red and blue and Wildcats, been done over and over. Perhaps sage was a better color?

The flaw in your statement is that ASU is rolling out their all black uni's in a game against a team that has had black as their primary uni color for many years now.

Real distinctive on ASU's part.

There would have been the same criticism or the Cardinals if they had rolled out their black uni's against the Raiders.

At least if ASU went with their typical catsup & mustard color combo vs Mizzou, it would have maintained their uniqueness since no other major school associates their color combos with condiments in quite the same way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sundevilscott

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
For ASU to resist the need to go all-black (either as their primary or alternate) like 80% of other schools have.

Yea I have no problem with them wearing black or using all blacks. They are really nice looking jerseys and the recruits have stated as much so far.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Yea I have no problem with them wearing black or using all blacks. They are really nice looking jerseys and the recruits have stated as much so far.

They are sharp, it just seems ill timed for Mizzou. I'd rather see them roll them out against USC.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter to me, I hate the number 8.

Steve

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score

Black uniforms. Yeah, real original. That was cool in like 1999.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Uh, guys...black uniforms are cool with this generation whether you like them or not. The point was to bring excitement for the first big game of the year, and I can tell you it has. I've spoken to a lot of people about getting tickets and even those who are not interested in going to many games are pumped for the Blackout. The majority want to see those black jerseys soon and the program needs something like that to get the students coming back after these last three, awful seasons.

Then you have the a divisional match-up at home between the top two teams in the Pac-12 South. People will go to that regardless...especally if we are 3-0. The Blackout has a greater effect earlier in the year...and trust me, Mizzou won't feel at home at all. :) SDS will be packed, and loud!

Last edited:

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Uh, guys...black uniforms are cool with this generation whether you like them or not. The point was to bring excitement for the first big game of the year, and I can tell you it has. I've spoken to a lot of people about getting tickets and even those who are not interested in going to many games are pumped for the Blackout. The majority want to see those black jerseys soon and the program needs something like that to get the studets coming back after these last three, awful seasons.

Then you have the a divisional match-up at home vs. the top two teams in the Pac-12 South. People will go to that regardless...especally if we are 3-0. The Blackout has a greater effect earlier in the year...and trust me, Mizzou won't feel at home at all. :) SDS will be packed, and loud!

Good point!

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
The problem is that Missouri fans will also be able to participate in the "blackout". In fact, they may very well blend right in, and that can't be a good thing. I like to be able to see my adversaries, not look like them.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I see what you're saying, but isn't their second color similar to our Game Day gold as well? USC fans will also blend with ours sometimes. Let's just hope we give none of them anything to cheer about this year, so it'll feel like they aren't even there. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard