ASU Basketball (2012-13)

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
That was a nice win today. The first 3 opponents were awful, but Arkansas is supposed to be a decent team, not great but not the crap teams we've played so far. We dominated the 2nd half. The only real problem was our FT shooting. Barely over 50%. Other than that we played really well. Also, we're playing much faster this year, averaging over 80pts/gm so far.

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
I'm not an ASU fan but I am looking forward to watching Jahii Carson, etc. go against Doug McDermott and company - my first game (this year) watching either Team. Big time Suns fan that follows NBA Draft and this should be a good game tonight!

Congrats on beating U of A (FbaLL) but hopefully U of A Basketball returns the favor...

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Jahii was awesome tonight. We hung tough most of the game against a good, physical team. Unfortunately not enough players other than Jahii played well. But there are some good signs so far this year.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Jahii is unreal. 11th in the preseason poll will be the whiff of the year for the writers

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Jahii is good but ASU's problem is their scheduling. Their OOC resume is horrific even if they only drop one game and the Pac-12 other than three or four teams is shaping up to be pretty bad again. They're probably going to have to win probably 12-13 conference games just to get on the bubble.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
i could see 6th in the PAC as a real option, but 6 wont get in the dance. before this season i said i would be happy with NIT. get on ESPN. Kids are gonna wanna play with Jahii

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Kids are gonna wanna play with Jahii
Not how basketball recruiting works or players would've flooded ASU to join up with Ike and Harden. Kids play with who their people tell them to play with and that has to do with relationships with the coaching staff not who else is on the court. You guys seem to have gotten a good one in Musselman, but the onus is on the staff to make the connections to get a kid in before Jahii likely leaves for the NBA after next season.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great game recently by Eric Gordon's little brother - Evan Gordon !!

:sparky:

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Carson and Gordon are going to be a great tandem. It will be scary when they both go off on the same night.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carrick Felix named PAC-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week for the week of Nov. 26 - Dec. 2.

:sparky:

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
A name people are talking about enough is Eric Jacobsen. This kid plays great defense, crashes the offensive boards, and does the little things right. Gonna be a real good player for us

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jordan Bachynski had the first triple double in ASU history. 13 points, 12 rebounds and 12 blocked shots in ASU's win over Cal State Northridge.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
time for people to start paying attention to this team. they are fun to watch and although fairly untested, are playing very well!

get to wells fargo arena and support them.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
time for people to start paying attention to this team. they are fun to watch and although fairly untested, are playing very well!

get to wells fargo arena and support them.

I agree

And how about Bachynski's triple double? If he can keep that effort level up, this is going to be an awesome year for ASU basketball.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
the blocks were expected with how small that team was, Bach is really impressing me offensively. he has vastly improved with his back to the basket moves.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the blocks were expected with how small that team was, Bach is really impressing me offensively. he has vastly improved with his back to the basket moves.

Ah Bach!

:thud:

(Obscure M*A*S*H* reference for you youngsters)

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
I'll be at the game tonight!

anyone who wants to save a little money and go support the best team playing in Phoenix right now go ahead and use this.....

FACEBOOK EXCLUSIVE OFFER: It pays to be a Social Sun Devil! Save 30% off the ticket price for our game against DePaul this Wednesday! Use promo code: FACEBOOK at promo.sundeviltickets.com

This is an on-line offer only and not available on game day at the ticket window! Go Devils!

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's right, watching the Sun Devils tonight would be much more fun than hanging around the ASFN boards and whining about the Suns...or the Cards...

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
UGH! maybe not! Depaul was just too big. That combined with wayyyy too many missed free throws and open shots really did the Devils in.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Jahii is legit but the rest of your team is mediocre at best and Big Sky caliber at worst. Herb is a really bad recruiter as it is but when you also waste roster space with some of these kids all you're doing is compounding the problem. Patterson needs to cut bait with Herb as soon as possible, you really don't want to be conducting a coaching search after Miller gets UofA on cruise control and the LA schools get new inevitably big name coaches.

I really don't see how UofA isn't going to cruise to the conference championship.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard