ASFN Bowl Pick'em - 2007 Edition

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have set up a Yahoo Sports College Football Bowl Pick'em

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy

Click on the Green College Football Pickem link.

Yahoo does not use point spreads - but confidence levels (1-32), i.e. how confident you are of your pick.

Group number is 6511
Password is goillini

You will like the group slogan... :D

Good Luck!!

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Burgerman is in. I can hear Rivercard now. Oh, it is too late to sign up , but I would have kicked Hiney. :D

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is up with the confidence points thing? That is a lot of work and does it effect the outcome of our competition? In other words, I don't wanna do that feature.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is up with the confidence points thing? That is a lot of work and does it effect the outcome of our competition? In other words, I don't wanna do that feature.

Both ESPN and Yahoo are using the confidence picks - with the way the bowl season is spread out, using lines really isn't practical.

Yes, it does effect the outcome. You rank your picks from 32 (most confident) to 1 (least confident). If you pick correctly, you get how ever many points you picked as the confidence level.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both ESPN and Yahoo are using the confidence picks - with the way the bowl season is spread out, using lines really isn't practical.

Yes, it does effect the outcome. You rank your picks from 32 (most confident) to 1 (least confident). If you pick correctly, you get how ever many points you picked as the confidence level.

So what do I lose if I pick all at 32?

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what do I lose if I pick all at 32?

It won't let you. Only one bowl per number. And don't be so cocky :D

Just pick ACC to win as your highest, then Big East to win, then Big 10 to lose....

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got mine in a long time ago. It all starts tonight.

Can we change any picks after tonight? The recent rampant changes in coaching jobs of teams in bowl games has me rethinking a few of my picks.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Got mine in a long time ago. It all starts tonight.

Can we change any picks after tonight? The recent rampant changes in coaching jobs of teams in bowl games has me rethinking a few of my picks.

It won't matter because now you up against the greatest known sports genious of all time. You are all fighting for 2nd place. Bwaahahahahaha.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It won't matter because now you up against the greatest known sports genious of all time. You are all fighting for 2nd place. Bwaahahahahaha.

Watch out for me. I won the ASFN college pick'em contest this year.:)

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok RC. Can you top 1-0 and no quality points from last night. That was my least confident pick. :grabs:

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rivercard had confidence level of 32 last night on that...

I lost - but least confident....

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rivercard had confidence level of 32 last night on that...

I lost - but least confident....

Obviously RC does not know how that feature works. No sane person picks Utah over Navy with the highest confidence level. :biglaugh:

Now I am the maniac. I am so confident LSU pummels Ohio State , I gave that game my 32 rating. Seriously. No really. I mean it. Stop laughing at me. Fine.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Obviously RC does not know how that feature works. No sane person picks Utah over Navy with the highest confidence level. :biglaugh:

Utah won some impressive games this year and I figured Navy would sink like a ship. I'm surprised Utah didn't win by 25. Plus, I wanted to come out swinging and grab the lead. You better go get a drink of water, because your gonna be eating some dust from here out. :)

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Now I am the maniac. I am so confident LSU pummels Ohio State , I gave that game my 32 rating. Seriously. No really. I mean it. Stop laughing at me. Fine.

Hmmm...... 32 points on the very last game..... sorta like a Wallyburger version of the Hail Mary???? Just like last year, this could how you pull off a miracle victory at end.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Utah won some impressive games this year and I figured Navy would sink like a ship. I'm surprised Utah didn't win by 25. Plus, I wanted to come out swinging and grab the lead. You better go get a drink of water, because your gonna be eating some dust from here out. :)

Nice CYA. I will come on so strong at the end.... or blow up. MY top weighted teams are Va Tech, Florida, USC, Georgia, Boise State. You better hope for a huge lead. I will be that ever expanding dot in your rear view mirror. :D

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Nice CYA. I will come on so strong at the end.... or blow up. MY top weighted teams are Va Tech, Florida, USC, Georgia, Boise State. You better hope for a huge lead. I will be that ever expanding dot in your rear view mirror. :D

I'm vulnerable with Virginia Tech - but other than that you won't gain much ground on those games. You are in big trouble already...........

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm vulnerable with Virginia Tech - but other than that you won't gain much ground on those games. You are in big trouble already...........

VTech will kick ass and take names.

I know I picked Navy but don't remember the confidence points. Going to check now.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Had Navy with 1 confidence point. Got Fl. Atlantic with 2 cps tonight.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, this blows big chunks. I just found out that when I signed up I went in the general population group and not the ASFN. Is there anyway for my points to count in this group? I am an idiot.

Help me Jon. :bang:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard