Around the NHL 23-24

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Stars score twice in OT to earn the win!

edit: I have never been as salty about an NHL call as I was when they disallowed the OT goal last night for dallas. I'm glad the same line pairing finished the job in the end.

Last edited:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagreed with the call as well. Avs couldn't match the energy of the Stars. Their depth really showed as the ot went on.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I disagreed with the call as well. Avs couldn't match the energy of the Stars. Their depth really showed as the ot went on.
Makar got bailed out there. To be fair Makar probably should have earned a power play earlier in the game when marchment took some liberties on him in the first period well after the whistle. what's the point of having replay as well if they can't even overturn a bad on ice call?

I think the Avs were screwed by Nichushkin. any chance of beating Dallas went out the door when he got suspended. Dallas probably would have won in 7 games with Val playing.

With that said, I was impressed with how hard the avs played in game 6 in spite of being overmatched. Dallas kind of hung around for the first 2 periods and then went full throttle in the 3rd and from that point on the Avs could not match the stars energy.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oil looking dominant after two. Van came on, but a bad penalty and it's 3-0. Ouch

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Canucks gave it their best, but they really were missing Boeser at some key moments in the game. They have a great future with their goaltending and structure.

Conference finals should be great in the East and West this season.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Oil looking dominant after two. Van came on, but a bad penalty and it's 3-0. Ouch
The canucks looked slow in those first 2 periods. They waited too long to get into the game. Shame because it’s game 7. And is it just me or were the oilers hunting for power play opportunities? The NHL need to crack the whip on flopping. I can no longer sit back and hear NHL fans make fun of other sports for being soft on flops.

If the stars can stay out of the penalty box and continue to dominate in face offs I think they will win the series. The stars might continue to be without their top offensive player R.Hintz though.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Florida beats NYR 3-0 in game 1.

Those cats are stingy. Like pouring molasses and quicksand in the neutral zone stingy. NY crowd was not having a great time.

Kind of bummed OEL's goal got reversed, but the call was fair. I want FL to win it all just for my boy. Still love that kid.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I'm rooting for edmonton.
I think a lot of people are rooting for them. I think dallas are favored to win, but if they beat dallas I will pull for them to win it all. Dallas have to win a game 1 at some point.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Dallas hasn’t played well. Yet they are going to OT. I thought Edmonton sat back in that third period. Gretzky is making excuses about the ice lol. What a homer. He is basically Michael Irvin on the nfl network.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dallas hasn’t played well. Yet they are going to OT. I thought Edmonton sat back in that third period. Gretzky is making excuses about the ice lol. What a homer. He is basically Michael Irvin on the nfl network.

I agree with you about Dallas's start and Oilers hoping that 1 goal lead would hold up in the third.

The ice did look like ass, though. Pucks were jumping all over the place. That said, it affects both teams equally, just like snow or rain in football, so it's not worth crying about. I skip right over the commentary between periods because I can't stand it.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I agree with you about Dallas's start and Oilers hoping that 1 goal lead would hold up in the third.

The ice did look like ass, though. Pucks were jumping all over the place. That said, it affects both teams equally, just like snow or rain in football, so it's not worth crying about. I skip right over the commentary between periods because I can't stand it.
I hope dallas wins tonight. I don't think they can erase an 0-2 deficit against this team. Edmonton don't need a lot of scoring chances to beat you and with their penalty kill and defensive minded approach you don't want to fall behind on them.

I heard a lot of dallas media say that it was hot in the arena on Thursday. I agree that it affects both teams equally. when the ice is better up in edmonton that also helps dallas as well. I thought Dallas and Edmonton both kind of waited until a goal was scored before they took any chances on the other. Dallas needs to go for it from the jump.