Arizona State Basketball 2023-24

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, they manage to pull out another nailbiter with a furious comeback. Bobby should coach them that it's ok to shoot good with more than 10 minutes left in the game.

That said, who would have ever thought ASU would be 2-0 after the trip and au 1-1?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU beats Cal 71-69.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Below is the box score.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bobby Hurley talks about the importance of NIL fundraising, even having a higher priority than a new arena.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It is definitely a huge deal when it comes to attracting and retaining players these days. Washington reportedly got $400,000 and Horne $250,000.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was in town and went to the Utah game last night. Another strong outing by Collins, and Perez was awesome, including from 3-point range. A good effort all around, especially on offense. One thing for this team to definitely work on, though - defensive rebounding. Go Devils!

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was in town and went to the Utah game last night. Another strong outing by Collins, and Perez was awesome, including from 3-point range. A good effort all around, especially on offense. One thing for this team to definitely work on, though - defensive rebounding. Go Devils!
I cannot recall a Bobby Hurley ASU team being any good at rebounding

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU has a chance to go undefeated in PAC-12 play against Colorado in Tempe tonight.

Television: ESPNU

Time: 6 pm Arizona time

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU has a chance to go undefeated in PAC-12 play against Colorado in Tempe tonight.

Television: ESPNU

Time: 6 pm Arizona time

They have won 76-73 and it was a good game, good win.

As usual with ASU basketball, almost no one seems to be paying any attention. Even though if Oregon loses at WSU (game being played now), ASU will be in sole possession of 1st place and the only unbeaten team in conference.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

As usual with ASU basketball, almost no one seems to be paying any attention. Even though if Oregon loses at WSU (game being played now), ASU will be in sole possession of 1st place and the only unbeaten team in conference.

It's an amazing position where ASU finds itself. They are now 10-5 and 4-0 in the PAC-12.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Everyone is waiting for the seemingly inevitable crapping of the bed with them on the tournament bubble hanging on by a thread.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU falls to Washington in Seattle, 82-67.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I knew they wouldn't keep winning. Just hopeful this doesn't signal the start of another mid-season collapse that they usually have had under Hurley.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the worst UCLA team I have seen in a long time. ASU up 13 at the half.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the worst UCLA team I have seen in a long time. ASU up 13 at the half.

Very young and can't shoot.

First team Mick has had anywhere that's getting worse not better as the season goes on.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been saying it for years Hurley is so nuts on the bench it rubs off on his team. I called the T on phillips 2 minutes before it happened because it was obvious he was jawing with Bona. The one on Neal was because he was jawing at Andrews. The last one was just a guy losing his cool

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
That's about what I've come to expect from Hurley teams here - a little bit of an exciting run for a few weeks, and then the wheels come off... like flying off.

I have to say that while Hurley is a decent recruiter, he just isn't a very good coach, if I'm to be completely honest about it.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tony Padilla is a terrible referee (I was especially annoyed by how he let Cronin go out onto the middle of the floor), but there is no excuse for the lack of discipline by the Sun Devils. This isn't the first time I've seen Phillips show a lack of poise. Collins is a grownup, but Perez was one of the first guys mouthing off against Padilla. He should know better, after like 7 years of college ball. Last night's loss was one of the most aggravating ones in recent memory for me. UCLA is an awful team this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison