Arizona State Basketball 2022-23

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Awesome! Who are you with there? That must have been an amazing experience.
With my late Uncle Jim in that picture. I actually have the shirt he was wearing to the game with some of his other ASU stuff. Drove over with he and my Aunt Kathy. Had an absolute blast. Great game.

After party with my aunt, uncle, and tons of my uncle’s best friends (Nate, Hal, Chris, etc).

One of his friends and I got to talking about the championship game being played at the Fiesta Bowl the next day. Penn State vs. Miami. The first year they moved the championship game to January 2nd. I told him I was going to the game even though I had no ticket yet. He said I would NEVER get in. I’ll have to look for it, but I took a pic of myself at the game with an old school camera (maybe my first selfie?) or had someone take my picture to prove it to him. We drove home on the 2nd and the minute I got home I hopped on my bike and rode from South Scottsdale to Sun Devil Stadium. Found a scalper running a scam of sorts. He sold me a ticket for $10, but this was before they scanned them, they just verified your ticket and handed it back to you (nothing to tear off even). Then I went inside and over to the Southwest ramp area and handed the ticket back to him through the fencing. I had no place to sit but. I was in the stadium and saw a great game. I often wonder how many times that guy “sold” that same ticket that night…

Edited to add - Thinking back on it - it may have been a game ticket and a readmittance pass (back then you could leave and return to the stadium with both your ticket and a pass). Then I gave him back the ticket because the gate person would keep the pass. No idea how many passes he may have had, but he made some money for sure.

Great couple of days for a teenage football fan.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With my late Uncle Jim in that picture. I actually have the shirt he was wearing to the game with some of his other ASU stuff. Drove over with he and my Aunt Kathy. Had an absolute blast. Great game.

After party with my aunt, uncle, and tons of my uncle’s best friends (Nate, Hal, Chris, etc).

One of his friends and I got to talking about the championship game being played at the Fiesta Bowl the next day. Penn State vs. Miami. The first year they moved the championship game to January 2nd. I told him I was going to the game even though I had no ticket yet. He said I would NEVER get in. I’ll have to look for it, but I took a pic of myself at the game with an old school camera (maybe my first selfie?) or had someone take my picture to prove it to him. We drove home on the 2nd and the minute I got home I hopped on my bike and rode from South Scottsdale to Sun Devil Stadium. Found a scalper running a scam of sorts. He sold me a ticket for $10, but this was before they scanned them, they just verified your ticket and handed it back to you (nothing to tear off even). Then I went inside and over to the Southwest ramp area and handed the ticket back to him through the fencing. I had no place to sit but. I was in the stadium and saw a great game. I often wonder how many times that guy “sold” that same ticket that night…

Edited to add - Thinking back on it - it may have been a game ticket and a readmittance pass (back then you could leave and return to the stadium with both your ticket and a pass). Then I gave him back the ticket because the gate person would keep the pass. No idea how many passes he may have had, but he made some money for sure.

Great couple of days for a teenage football fan.
That's amazing that you got to see both games, you were a real "go getter" back in the day. What did you do for an anchore?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU beats Grambling State yesterday, although Marcus Bagley didn't play. He is reportedly healthy.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU hosts Alcorn State on Sunday at 3 p.m.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bagley is one of those guys that I'm not counting on to do anything. He is a hell of a talent but dude just can't be healthy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU moves to 6-1 after beating Alcorn State 76-54.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the box score for the above game and a link to an Arizona Sports article.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the issue with Marcus Bagley can be resolved but I'm not optimistic.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose