Arizona State Basketball 2022-23

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NIL sucks

My problem with the NIL is the NCAA said they were going to have rules and enforce it and they're not doing anything.

In the tourney the FAU coach came out and said schools are actively recruiting my players as we're still playing. He was talking about Miami.

UCLA has Adem Bona declared for the draft but probably staying in school and in the last 2 weeks admins for both Miami and Duke 247 sites have been openly talking about their schools trying to lure Bona to transfer. He's NOT in the portal! You can't recruit players who aren't in the portal that's tampering and it's supposed to be a violation but Miami and Duke are 2 of the biggest players in the NIL game and nothing is being done. I have zero problem with players being allowed to transfer but they should have to enter the portal first, what's happening now is schools tamper with kids and start negotiating NIL trying to get them in the portal which is completely contrary to the rules.

The NCAA just turned it into a bidding war by not enforcing the rules.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to catch up on ASU basketball. Here are some relevant tweets. I hope Warren Washington returns.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frankie Collins may be the only returning starter, although he remains eligible for the NBA Draft.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a joke. The portal should be there to help players move somewhere where they can start rather than be a bench player but it should not be breaking up tournament teams. SMH.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NIL strikes again. Hunter Dickinson will reportedly get 4 million over 2 years to attend Kansas, which outbid Kentucky to get him. I have no issue with it NIL is here to stay but the back story on why Kentucky was going after Dickinson is the problem.

Kentucky has Tshiebwe who has a huge NIL deal and they think is coming back but part of him coming back is he wants UK to have a true C so he can play the 4 since that's likely where he'd have to play in the NBA. Luckily UK has Aaron Bradshaw, one of the top C recruits in the country committed to play at UK next year.

One problem, LeBron James' son Bronny is about to commit to USC basketball, worst kept secret around, and LeBron is reportedly pressuring Klutch Sports to pony up a ton of NIL money to USC to lure Aaron Bradshaw away from UK. UK was so concerned about it, they went after Dickinson in case it happened. But they lost Dickinson to Kansas and are still quite concerned they'll lose Bradshaw to USC.

The crazy thing is USC already has 2 good C's returning from last year but LeBron somehow has ties to Bradshaw and wants him to play with his son. Kentucky apparently didn't want Bronny, so LeBron is trying to lure Bradshaw to USC

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wonder if Bronny will be one-and-done at USC. Seems questionable whether he is quite at that level right now. Was a “mere” four star recruit until recently.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Bronny will be one-and-done at USC. Seems questionable whether he is quite at that level right now. Was a “mere” four star recruit until recently.
Yeah it sounds like it. Lebron said he wanted to play with his son in the NBA so I'm sure Bronny will fast track it over way or another.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
NIL strikes again. Hunter Dickinson will reportedly get 4 million over 2 years to attend Kansas, which outbid Kentucky to get him. I have no issue with it NIL is here to stay but the back story on why Kentucky was going after Dickinson is the problem.

Kentucky has Tshiebwe who has a huge NIL deal and they think is coming back but part of him coming back is he wants UK to have a true C so he can play the 4 since that's likely where he'd have to play in the NBA. Luckily UK has Aaron Bradshaw, one of the top C recruits in the country committed to play at UK next year.

One problem, LeBron James' son Bronny is about to commit to USC basketball, worst kept secret around, and LeBron is reportedly pressuring Klutch Sports to pony up a ton of NIL money to USC to lure Aaron Bradshaw away from UK. UK was so concerned about it, they went after Dickinson in case it happened. But they lost Dickinson to Kansas and are still quite concerned they'll lose Bradshaw to USC.

The crazy thing is USC already has 2 good C's returning from last year but LeBron somehow has ties to Bradshaw and wants him to play with his son. Kentucky apparently didn't want Bronny, so LeBron is trying to lure Bradshaw to USC
If Bradshaw has a NIL deal and signed his NLI then he should not be allowed to back away from commitment, that goes for any recruit in any college sport. Either you hold off on your commitment until you get you NIL deal sorted out before signing NLI or NLI or not, you sign NLI you are stuck with that school and you can transfer after 1 year. That should be the rules. Tampering should apply in NCAA to where schools who are found guilty lose schollies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose