Arizona @ Stanford: October 14th

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2-4 Wildcats take on the winless Stanford Cardinal. The Cats should be favored in this battle of cellar-dwellers.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
If UOFA doesnt win this one. Mike Stoops is really on the hot seat.
He's already there, but will probably get one more year thanks to financial issues and the offense which he has nothing to do with being more pathetic than his defense. He'll get one more year with a different offensive staff but I'm thinking he's gone in 2007 regardless of the outcome this weekend, which will probably be a loss.

Most Wildcat fans are more looking forwrad to Friday when McKale Center hosts Midnight Madness instead of this laughingstock of a game.

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
All you ASU fans seem to forget that you too are winless in the Pac-10 this year.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Mike Stoops can recruit, but can't coach himself out of a wet paper bag. ... Sounds a bit like Koetter, accept for the recruiting part...

Future1984

Veteran
Reaction score
ASU is winless in the PAC-10 Yes

ASU pplayed Oregon and CAL, So uofa will get theres even worse when they play them later this year.

Just worry about losing to STANFORD

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
You beat the worst team in the country. Bear Down!!!!

So honestly, CT..is there any UofA thread that you don't chime in with some anti UofA stuff? Seriously? It's like you scan the board for UofA threads so that you can knock them. Seems kind of pointless to me, it's like making fun of Cards fans. We know we're not a good team, so what's the point?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Don't be so prejudiced, Adam. Card Trader is far from the only Sun Devil fan that likes to show off his insecurities by constantly ripping the UofA.

What is ironic is who he actually roots for--the Sun Devils haven't been contenders in any sport for quite some time. At least the Cats still have basketball and softball.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Too funny that you are pimping your softball team! You and about 10 other people in this country care about softball. Basketball and Football are all that matter in college. Footbal > basketball. ASU > UofA.

And yes, I did. Would it matter though if I was just a fan of them and hated UofA?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Too funny that you are pimping your softball team! You and about 10 other people in this country care about softball. Basketball and Football are all that matter in college. Footbal > basketball. ASU > UofA.

And yes, I did. Would it matter though if I was just a fan of them and hated UofA?

Actually I was questioning your education level, and you just confirmed what I suspected.

Football is only better than basketball because that's the only sport you can say your school is better at (although I'll give you baseball). We are a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER in basketball. The only reason you turn your nose up at that is because you aren't. Period.

I'm pimping softball, huh? I mention it once to a lame-ass Sun Devil fan who has nothing better to do than slam a team he has no business slamming. Guess what? We KNOW our football team sucks. But we're coming away today with a win, what are you coming away with?

So making fun of our football team doesn't affect us--it just shows stupidity on your part. Even more so since you never see UA fans having the same juvenile rants on ASU threads.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
WTF does Bear Down mean to the Wildcats..... I just had my second child and the doctor said this to my wife while she was pushing.

So are UofA fans pushing large objects from their vaginas?

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
WTF does Bear Down mean to the Wildcats..... I just had my second child and the doctor said this to my wife while she was pushing.

So are UofA fans pushing large objects from their vaginas?

http://www.arizona.edu/home/bear-down.php

The History of Bear Down:
The slogan "BEAR DOWN" was given to the Wildcat teams by John "Button" Salmon, student body president and varsity athlete, shortly before he died in 1926 following an automobile accident. His last message to his teammates was "Tell them to BEAR DOWN".

One day in 1952 Jack K. Lee, an applicant for the UA's band directorship, was leaving Tucson by air following an interview with university administration. From his airplane window, Lee observed the huge letters on the roof of the UA gymnasium. Inspired, he began to scribble down the music and lyrics to an up-tempo song. By the time his plane landed, he had virtually finished it. A few weeks later Lee was named the university's band director, and in September of that year, the UA band performed "Bear Down, Arizona!" in public for the first time. Soon thereafter, "Bear Down, Arizona!" became accepted as UA's fight song.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort