Arizona Diamondbacks looking for pitching help as trade deadline approaches

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The starting pitching market doesn’t move the needle. I think they would sell the farm for Realmuto but it doesn’t sound like Miami is looking to move him. Imagine replacing the ineptitude of our catching situation with JTR.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They need help in both rotation & bullpen but lack the prospects to get guys that will make a difference. What bothers me is when people say we need to be buyers but what is out there is arguably no better than we already have so why gut what little you have in farm to go “all in” when the guys you most likely end up with don’t get you in (to the playoffs).

Last edited:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bullpen options drying up fast as there have been a ton of deals the last two days with contenders trying to load up. Chris Archer is still out there and despite his numbers this year is garnering a lot of interest with SD listed as favorite a couple of days ago. Archer is not a rental so price should be high. A shift to NL may help his numbers. Supposedly Marcus Stroman may be on market, he had a good year last year I believe.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like Zeigler might be coming back to the dbacks.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Minor league reliever Tommy Eveld going the other way. Solid relief guy in the system but an easy decision to move him for Ziegler

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson