Arizona Cardinals offseason thread 2022

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
So the Cards offense is entirely predictable, which is often reflected as the season goes on, and patterns are established.
i think its a factor, but at the margin

d coordinators dont forget everything they learned the year prior

Kliff doesnt completely reinvent his offense every offseason. Alternatively, I doubt Kliff creates 10 games worth of wrinkles, but not 17.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Kliff doesnt completely reinvent his offense every offseason. Alternatively, I doubt Kliff creates 10 games worth of wrinkles, but not 17.
No coach completely reinvents an offense every year. It always comes down to scheme and matchups. Either way, if you're trotting colts and hags, to run against thoroughbreds, you're gonna get beat more often than not.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Every year? Injuries happen in the NFL.
Yeah, and 31 teams fail to win. The best of the injury "free" teams typically ride to the SB.

We had a corpse of a team during Rams game, including being awful.

Had no chance in hell.

Hopkins out. Baker out. O/D line wrecked. Like how much cap % were done for? I'd wager higher than all playoff teams.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, and 31 teams fail to win. The best of the injury "free" teams typically ride to the SB.

We had a corpse of a team during Rams game, including being awful.

Had no chance in hell.

Hopkins out. Baker out. O/D line wrecked. Like how much cap % were done for? I'd wager higher than all playoff teams.
Hmm, baker didn’t miss any games. Weird post.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Again, the basis is PFF grades, which are nonsense
I don’t pretend to know how PFF defines “covered” but I would think that is more easily discernible than would be player grades. Again, you needn’t understand scheme to watch a given play and see that all routes are covered up by defenders. If PFF is using any other metric to determine that data I’d be less inclined to give it any validity.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don’t pretend to know how PFF defines “covered” but I would think that is more easily discernible than would be player grades. Again, you needn’t understand scheme to watch a given play and see that all routes are covered up by defenders. If PFF is using any other metric to determine that data I’d be less inclined to give it any validity.
That’s not what’s measured, though. It’s just whether the player in coverage got a positive or neural grade in the play.

They didn’t Re-review the tape to see if there’s a defined “covered” status.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

The predictable aspect and failure to adjust does not add up If one considers that it's also the same offense which was on a tear into mid-season, but then the same offense from the year before which was in a slump

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That’s not what’s measured, though. It’s just whether the player in coverage got a positive or neural grade in the play.

They didn’t Re-review the tape to see if there’s a defined “covered” status.
So you’re telling me on every play they reviewed to determine if the defender got a positive grade or neutral grade but that doesn’t mean he covered anyone?

Forget it. I’m not in the least bit invested in PFF which I think is mostly stupid. If this isn’t analysis of each individual play as a whole in terms of looking if everyone covered it’s meaningless to me.

Regardless, I don’t even care why we sucked down the stretch for the third consecutive year under kliff and kyler. We did. I hope it doesn’t occur for a fourth consecutive year. I don’t even care to place blame. They all suck for that ineptitude for all intents and purposes and it’s on them to figure out how to not suck down the stretch again.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
So you’re telling me on every play they reviewed to determine if the defender got a positive grade or neutral grade but that doesn’t mean he covered anyone?

Forget it. I’m not in the least bit invested in PFF which I think is mostly stupid. If this isn’t analysis of each individual play as a whole in terms of looking if everyone covered it’s meaningless to me.

Regardless, I don’t even care why we sucked down the stretch for the third consecutive year under kliff and kyler. We did. I hope it doesn’t occur for a fourth consecutive year. I don’t even care to place blame. They all suck for that ineptitude for all intents and purposes and it’s on them to figure out how to not suck down the stretch again.
Hell yeah!!!

They ALL suck ass!!!

Fix that ****!!!

You sound like an old coach i had, lol

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Schrager went to McVay's wedding and saw Kliff there. Schrager tried to hype him about how loaded they were, but Kliff made it a point that they lost Chase.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Schrager went to McVay's wedding and saw Kliff there. Schrager tried to hype him about how loaded they were, but Kliff made it a point that they lost Chase.
Translation... Kliff does not like our running back room when the OL is the actual elephant in the room lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose